December 15, 2018, 06:20:28 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 38435 times)

September 18, 2016, 10:14:09 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Every 20 pages or so I am going to quote myself and engage Smug bastard mode.

You can't have smug bastard when you'd already seen him play for us pre season. The only people who get respect on this one are the ones who called it on signing. Which I'm sure no-one did.

September 18, 2016, 10:19:33 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

No it wasn't.

Happy to be proved wrong if someone can show me evidence that they called the signing a master stroke at the time. If they did they get my utmost respect.

September 18, 2016, 10:48:05 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

The guy is a star anyway. I don't think I've seen a new player turn in 5 man of the match performances in a row from debut but he churns them out one after the other.
We may see a dip in form once his batteries start to fade but then again he looks like he's fitted with a self charging generator. Love him already.

September 19, 2016, 04:28:43 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

I hope his contract is watertight. As in every bid is automatically rejected and we are duty bound to find employment for his family and extended family so it feels like home. For ever.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:29:23 PM by Lxxx »

December 06, 2016, 04:09:55 AM
Reply #19

Lxxx

So just because he runs around and has an engine and makes a tackle/interception he is a hero now is he? Typical modern day Everton fan philosophy.

He's been playing well and is decent at what he does but nothing more. He does not set up or score goals or spot a pass. To be top 4 that's what we need. Leicester got Kante for 3m less than we got Gana and Kante is twice the player Gana is.

Give it a rest with this 'typical modern day fan philosophy.' You've been banging on about it now for quite a bit and you've made your point. Not that many agree with it like.

December 06, 2016, 03:15:23 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

Sure, but going off this thread the guy has become Makelele or Gattusso.

He's a decent player but we need the complete player and they are out there for decent prices.

I'm not too sure how many players would pop up on Steve Walsh's spreadsheet when he adds in the filters 'Complete player' , 'decent price' and 'willing to sign for Everton.' I'm thinking he might get an 'Error' message pop up.

July 21, 2017, 04:51:31 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

I was impressed in how much energy he showed getting forward the other day. I don't know whether it's because it's pre season and he's fresh/it was against poor opposition/whether Koeman has challenged him to deliver more than just his bread and butter, which is impressive enough anyway, but he was attempting to influence play a lot more. Maybe competition is just healthy for everyone.

February 05, 2018, 06:49:57 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

Not really. He's got his merits but is  a poor DM. He needs a proper defensive midfielder along with him, ideally the one who can pass a ball (like Schneiderlin when he was not shit).

No he doesn't as that would totally unbalance the side, as how would we ever mount an attack with one guy sitting and another haring around all over the place chasing the ball. He needs to be the one playing with discipline and another next to him with the ability to see the game and either move through midfield with the ball or play a little further forward and be able to manipulate the ball, not be sat on the centre halves toes trying to do it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:51:19 PM by Lxxx »

February 06, 2018, 03:36:45 PM
Reply #23

Lxxx

Gana - Rooney - Davies should be the midfield three from now until the end of the season. You could maybe ask Klaassan to slot in if we're gonna give him another chance but they dovetail and complement each others game well. Gana looks more comfortable too.

February 06, 2018, 04:12:06 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

The reason he leaves gaps is because no other fucker fills them in.

March 05, 2018, 03:43:51 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Compare Gana to Eric Dier. Who for reasons i never understood Moyes let go.

What a silly statement. He was with us when he was a young boy, on loan, he admitted himself he hated it here and we didn't have the money to sign him up anyway.