November 18, 2017, 09:02:33 AM

Author Topic: Duncan had a pigeon, a pigeon, a pigeon...  (Read 3549 times)

July 06, 2010, 01:32:59 AM
Read 3549 times

.Rimbo.

What's the story behind this song?

Did he actually have a pigeon or something?

deCoubertin

July 06, 2010, 01:37:10 AM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

He used to keep pigeons. Unsworth did an interview once where he said Feguson was always one of the quiet ones on the coach to games, because he would be reading his pigeon fancier magazines lolol

July 06, 2010, 01:37:57 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

July 06, 2010, 01:39:11 AM
Reply #3

Trowel

Hated football, loved pigeons.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 06, 2010, 01:39:54 AM
Reply #4

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
When he moved to Newcastle and he released them they flew back to merseyside. True story.

July 06, 2010, 01:46:23 AM
Reply #5

Ridge

I have had a racing pigeon turn up couple of days back. He's been sitting next to the garage door, like he is waiting to be let in. Poor fella must think he has won the race by such a distance that none others have turned up.

He was scavenging for some seeds, so I chucked him some bird seed. Phoned RSPB, who have suggested not to feed him.

July 06, 2010, 02:08:32 AM
Reply #6

Scouse Ruletero

I'm surprised you never heard about Duncan's passion for pigeons. It's in Everton folklore; he even posed holding one of his pigeons for a cover shot of an issue of 'The Evertonian' back in the mid-1990s. Been referenced a lot since then, such as in this match report:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pigeonfancier-ferguson-shows-no-mercy-for-canaries-484883.html

July 06, 2010, 02:13:14 AM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

I'm surprised you never heard about Duncan's passion for pigeons. It's in Everton folklore; he even posed holding one of his pigeons for a cover shot of an issue of 'The Evertonian' back in the mid-1990s. Been referenced a lot since then, such as in this match report:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pigeonfancier-ferguson-shows-no-mercy-for-canaries-484883.html

I think I've vaguely heard something but I wasn't really sure.

July 06, 2010, 02:34:25 AM
Reply #8

Scouse Ruletero

I think I've vaguely heard something but I wasn't really sure.

Buy that 'Big Dunc' DVD that's on sale in the club shop, his passion for pigeons is mentioned in that.

July 06, 2010, 02:36:48 AM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Used to draw pigeons all over my school books cos big dunc liked them...... sad i know

Simply simply lovely

July 06, 2010, 04:48:11 AM
Reply #10

Connavar

Used to draw pigeons all over my school books cos big dunc liked them...... sad i know

funny that, I used to draw red cards for the same reason...

July 06, 2010, 05:02:47 AM
Reply #11

Scouse Ruletero

He gave us an idol when we had none, and when we hadn't had one for several years.

This doesn't exclude his faults and flaws.

July 06, 2010, 05:18:40 AM
Reply #12

irishtoffee

maybe its a personality thing. i think mike Tyson was spotted as a potential boxer when he was seen kicking the crap out of someone who strangled his pigeons(not a euphemism). i never saw jack duckworth snapping out though to be fair to pigeon fanciers.

July 06, 2010, 05:27:30 AM
Reply #13

pete

Duncan is our hero
He wears the number 9
He wears his shirt with pride
He wears it all the time
He wears it in the shower
He wears it in his nest
Duncan is our hero
He is the fuckin best

July 06, 2010, 05:35:06 AM
Reply #14

Bally

Administrator
Duncan is our hero
He wears the number 9
He wears his shirt with pride
He wears it all the time
He wears it in the shower
He wears it in his nest
Duncan is our hero
He is the fuckin best

Good god !!!

Fair enough for all of you that loved him, but that is the epitomy of how bad Everton was during those years. an Icon never a legend nor a hero
It's the roll I way