December 11, 2018, 07:15:54 AM

Author Topic: Scottish Football Thread (SPFL etc)  (Read 22825 times)

September 21, 2016, 11:01:54 PM
Reply #90

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Barton causing a bit of friction, at least he's not stubbed a ciggie out in someone's eye.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37378180?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

What's been happening here. Seems all we know is that there was a bit of a barney and now he's sitting off at home for the next 3 weeks.

September 22, 2016, 12:38:20 AM
Reply #91

Gash

Global Moderator
What's been happening here. Seems all we know is that there was a bit of a barney and now he's sitting off at home for the next 3 weeks.

Yeah, not sure what's going on there? It's clearly been a bit more than just a heated debate after a footballl match.

September 22, 2016, 04:50:38 AM
Reply #92

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn't he betting on the Celtic v Barca game? Or is that something different?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 22, 2016, 05:28:23 AM
Reply #93

Gash

Global Moderator
Wasn't he betting on the Celtic v Barca game? Or is that something different?

Yeah, that's a different case.

September 24, 2016, 03:16:31 AM
Reply #94

Mayor Farnum

I think Barton has been telling other Rangers players that they're not as good as they think they are. Coming from him that is some insult.

October 02, 2016, 02:39:39 AM
Reply #95

Gash

Global Moderator

October 02, 2016, 02:43:29 AM
Reply #96

Major Clanger

There's always one

Sick cunt.

http://scottishdailynews.com/2016/10/rangers-bus-jamiemonty/

I don't think the police should get involved in this. I do however believe that his stupid gawping face should be published everywhere with the caption "Look at this thick cunt, just look at him".
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 02, 2016, 03:08:38 AM
Reply #97

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think the police should get involved in this. I do however believe that his stupid gawping face should be published everywhere with the caption "Look at this thick cunt, just look at him".

Aye, it's probably not a police matter. It's the good and bad of social media, the bad being him the good being, as you say, publish it everywhere and shame the cunt.

October 04, 2016, 05:17:33 AM
Reply #98

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone seen this lad?

I've just seen a load of YouTube clips and it's pretty amazing

Just made his debut for celtic u20 at the grand old age of 13

Could be a name to keep an eye on
Simply simply lovely

October 04, 2016, 09:15:05 PM
Reply #99

Ridge

I read a bit about this, but hadn't seen anything. Incredibly impressive technique, no age caveat needed. He could well be a Freddy Adu about nothing, but potential is clearly there to be a top level player.

Plenty have excelled at age group and then had development stunted having being accelerated through the process too fast. The transition to the adult's game is multiple steps, not a leap, otherwise they can become fearful or pick up bad habits if progressed to failure or protected with silk.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/10604779/celtic-hand-13-year-old-karamoko-dembele-his-debut-for-u20-side

October 04, 2016, 09:40:14 PM
Reply #100

Bluedylan

Looks incredibly impressive for a 13 year old. Still shouldn't be making any sort of impression in an U-20s match. Any self respecting opposition player would and should just bully and kick the lad out of the game, no matter how good his technique might be.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 04, 2016, 10:30:18 PM
Reply #101

Ridge

Looks incredibly impressive for a 13 year old. Still shouldn't be making any sort of impression in an U-20s match. Any self respecting opposition player would and should just bully and kick the lad out of the game, no matter how good his technique might be.

Any self respecting man should do what to a 13 year old kid.  :-\

I think the English hold more regret that no one hacked Maradona on the second goal, than anger over hand of god for the first in 86.

October 04, 2016, 10:36:18 PM
Reply #102

Ross

Saw a clip of him in some tournament waltzing passed players with ease and thought to myself "yeah well Scottish youth footballs not a great standard" then I read the article and he was up against Barcelona, Deportivo and Lyon and making mugs out of these kids his own age. Long way to go but he's a very talented young boy clearly.

@Thomas have the Scottish FA got any chance of getting him to commit to them?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 04, 2016, 10:42:12 PM
Reply #103

Bluedylan

Any self respecting man should do what to a 13 year old kid.  :-\

I think the English hold more regret that no one hacked Maradona on the second goal, than anger over hand of god for the first in 86.

Maybe my fault for wording that comment badly.

Nothing to do with Englishness, I'm a massive Maradona fan and not a fan of 'traditional' British agricultural football.

It's to do with being it competitive football, and there's a huge difference between a 13 year old and 19/20 year olds. I'm not suggesting fouling him or hacking him, I'm suggesting just dominating him physically within the rules. He shouldn't even be getting a touch really with the physiological differences. Even a year or two age gap is massive at that age.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 05, 2016, 02:48:53 AM
Reply #104

Haile GAZrselassie

Maybe my fault for wording that comment badly.

Nothing to do with Englishness, I'm a massive Maradona fan and not a fan of 'traditional' British agricultural football.

It's to do with being it competitive football, and there's a huge difference between a 13 year old and 19/20 year olds. I'm not suggesting fouling him or hacking him, I'm suggesting just dominating him physically within the rules. He shouldn't even be getting a touch really with the physiological differences. Even a year or two age gap is massive at that age.

I'd probably go with your first point actually. Soon as the chance arises then go in hard on him and put the shits up him for the rest of the game.

Bully him off the park with physical strength and verbally threaten him too.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!