December 10, 2018, 07:39:06 AM

Author Topic: Scottish Football Thread (SPFL etc)  (Read 22784 times)

September 12, 2016, 04:03:37 AM
Read 22784 times

KevtheRat

Watched the game yesterday, the quality of football is about equal to mid table championship level at best, how Celtic think they could possibly come into the premier league is laughable.

November 03, 2016, 06:41:29 AM
Reply #1

KevtheRat

Rangers have clearly fucked right up with the Joey Barton situation. They want to sack him but either don't have the grounds to or have dropped a bollock somewhere in the process and can't afford to either be sued or buy him out his contract.

Now he's been reinstated but will train with the U21 and not be considered for the first team. I thought the new regime were meant to be a bit smarter but clearly not. They've also had to borrow more money from Douglas Park  and he's assured another 800k just to get them through to the end of the season. Meanwhile Barton on a rumoured 20k a week has just had a 7 week holiday.

With regards to the league, there's little for Celtic to cheer about when the season's over by the end of October.

Looks to me that Rangers were banking on Barton spouting loads of shit on twitter to get themselves an easy gross disciplinary dismissal but he's kept his nose clean and called their bluff.

May 04, 2018, 05:47:57 PM
Reply #2

KevtheRat

Gerrard's agreed to join Rangers apparently. I think it's a bit win/win for him. If he's a success it's great experience for him and he'll be seen as the man who took the fight back to Celtic and if it goes tits up he can blame all the ongoing turmoil behind the scenes.

Wouldn't be surprised if he agreed a bit of a deal with Liverpool too to take some fringe players up there on season long loans etc to get some game experience.