May 24, 2019, 04:24:12 AM

Author Topic: Scottish Football Thread (SPFL etc)  (Read 31966 times)

April 01, 2019, 09:15:02 PM
Reply #120

Gash

Global Moderator
He's small as well, saw him walking through Glasgow airport once, he's only about 5ft 8in or so, definite bit of small man syndrome about the wee cunt. Big fish in a small pond who's had a very comfortable career rather than push and try to test himself at a higher level. Not that I can recall any genuine interest in him from a higher level, he'd have probably had a decent career in the Championship.

April 04, 2019, 03:20:21 AM
Reply #121

Gash

Global Moderator
Wonder what kind of living he's made. Would he have earned more spending his career at the likes of say Norwich or Middlesboro. Would Celtic play up to his image and pay him more than he's worth.

I think he's on about £25k a week, although that may be less on his new contract. So probably about the same as a decent Championship/yoyo Premier League team but without the trophies or fan love. Life's not bad when you're in a £25k a week comfort zone I suppose.

April 04, 2019, 07:00:42 PM
Reply #122

Gash

Global Moderator
Charges flying left, right and centre.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47814450

Got to laugh at Gerrard accusing Celtic of "playing the victims".

April 18, 2019, 06:17:03 PM
Reply #123

Gash

Global Moderator
McLeish sacked, took their time doing it but it's been on the cards for weeks. Should never have got the job but fuck knows who they'll appoint now.

April 18, 2019, 06:42:13 PM
Reply #124

Gash

Global Moderator
Moyes?

His career's sunk far enough that the job would probably appeal to him now. He's the best candidate out there at the moment.

April 18, 2019, 06:43:09 PM
Reply #125

Gash

Global Moderator
I imagine enough time has passed for Malky Mackay to be considered for a manager role again

The SFA don't worry about a bit of casual racism, they've already given the performance director's roll.

May 05, 2019, 09:01:38 PM
Reply #126

Gash

Global Moderator
Gary Naysmith sacked as Queen of the South manager after they finished the season in the play off slot, if it hadn't been for Stephen Dobbie they'd have been relegated automatically. Played some nice football but they had a horrendous run of form over the last few months.

Naysmith looks like a tramp these days as well.

May 15, 2019, 06:35:33 PM
Reply #127

Gash

Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1128580023370170368

He looked back at Brown and then elbowed him - what is there to defend?

He was given a yellow for it, so shouldn't be facing retrospective punishment as the ref had seen it, if the ref hadn't seen it it would have been different, I think that's what they're arguing rather than elbow, it should have been red.

To be fair, anyone elbowing Scott Brown in the coupon should get a fucking payrise never mind punished.

May 16, 2019, 03:10:29 AM
Reply #128

Gash

Global Moderator
...................I reckon the three could be David Moyes , Moyes D. or Davy Davy Moyes.   :whistle:

Steve Clark, Scot Gemmill and Derek McInnes apparently.

May 16, 2019, 03:28:13 AM
Reply #129

Gash

Global Moderator
............yes I wasn't being entirely serious but Moyes has got to pitch up somewhere soon.  Steve Clarke surely could do a job in the PL though rather than the  graveyard that is the Scotland job.

I'd be surprised if he left Killie for Scotland but he'd be great for Scotland I think.

May 20, 2019, 09:53:29 PM
Reply #130

Gash

Global Moderator
Steve Clarke appointed as the new Scotland manager. I think that's a great appointment, we've some decent young players at the moment who don't need to be working for dinosaurs like McLeish etc.

I just feel sorry for Kilmarnock, he's worked wonders there but no doubt felt they'd reached a bit of a glass ceiling, with Rangers coming back third in the league was as high as they were ever going to get. Rightly awarded Manager of the Year two years in a row.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48303984

May 21, 2019, 07:04:19 PM
Reply #131

Gash

Global Moderator
.............I  thought Clarke might have had better offers from the PL.  Maybe he's settled back in Scotland and done wi' flittin. Will be good for Scotland .

He's from Ayrshire and I think moving back there has had a great benefit to him, although his family still live down south and he spoke recently about having to make either a personal or professional decision. He was linked with Brighton and I'm sure in time he'd have got a move to a bigger club in England but it sounds like his ambitions lay with Scotland as soon as they made an approach.

May 22, 2019, 01:51:34 AM
Reply #132

Gash

Global Moderator
Pretty much locate where he wants to with an international job canít he?

I think he's planning on staying in Ayrshire and his wife moving back there as she's also from the area.

May 22, 2019, 03:28:32 AM
Reply #133

Gash

Global Moderator
Hope Saltcoats is better than Finnport............. lolol

Salcoats is Finport. It was a fictitious town filmed in Saltcoats and Largs. :)

May 22, 2019, 04:19:21 AM
Reply #134

Gash

Global Moderator
.............really ?  I knew Finnport was fictitious but didn't know SG was filmed in Saltcoats.. Been all up that coast ,years ago like , we camped on the beach at Inverkip before the marina was built.  :cheers:

Still Game was filmed in Maryhill (home of Taggart) in Glasgow. I think there was only a few episodes filmed on the Ayrshire coast, I'm sure there was one episode where they went to Cumbrae, a small island off the coast between Ayrshire and Bute.

Lovely part of the world up the Ayrshire coast.