September 26, 2018, 12:27:44 AM

Author Topic: Scottish Football Thread (SPFL etc)  (Read 18958 times)

August 15, 2018, 02:23:43 AM
Reply #210

Outworlder47

Nice, Celtic beaten again, they're not going into their European tie high in confidence. Hearts were 4/1 as well, needless to say I saw that as a great opportunity to make a couple of quid so did a double on them and Newcastle.  ::)

Celtic look dire in defence, down 2-0 and 3-1 on aggregate with less than half an hour remaining. Apparently either Dedryck Boyata isn't fit (his claim), or he's thrown a fit in hopes of forcing a move (Brendan's claim). I laugh.

August 15, 2018, 02:28:02 AM
Reply #211

Mayor Farnum

Always going to happen as soon as they drew a half-decent side in the qualifiers.

August 15, 2018, 02:31:08 AM
Reply #212

Gash

Global Moderator
Brace yourself for the "if we had Premier League money" shouts.

August 15, 2018, 02:57:15 AM
Reply #213

Alanvideo

That's Celtic away to the Thursday league  :snigger:
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 15, 2018, 03:55:35 AM
Reply #214

Outworlder47

That's Celtic away to the Thursday league  :snigger:

To either Latvia or Lithuania!

August 15, 2018, 06:08:56 AM
Reply #215

Bob Sacamano

What an absolute Sesame Street league those idiots have up there. 

August 15, 2018, 10:22:37 AM
Reply #216

Ramjam

They will find things more difficult now that the CL money has gone, players with a decent sale value will now go as well, bet they wish that they had taken the Tierney money now.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 15, 2018, 04:17:28 PM
Reply #217

Alanvideo

They will find things more difficult now that the CL money has gone, players with a decent sale value will now go as well, bet they wish that they had taken the Tierney money now.
.................this is good for Rangers ,what a shame they are now tainted by Gerrard.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 16, 2018, 10:46:58 PM
Reply #218

gizzblue

More tin pot results from the one team league winners . lolol

Wouldn't last five minutes in the championship .

August 17, 2018, 12:55:31 AM
Reply #219

Gash

Global Moderator
More tin pot results from the one team league winners . lolol

Wouldn't last five minutes in the championship .

To be fair, although I take the piss out of Celtic and Rangers fans saying 'if we had the Permier League money' they both would become a force in English football if they got in. Celtic would easily cope in the Championship, Rangers not so much at the moment but if/when they both got into the Premier League, with the money that's there they'd be right up there with the biggest clubs within a few years as the Premier League would only increase their fan base amd global following

I know it's a fairly light hearted argument as it'll never happen but it's daft to say that because of where they play at the moment they wouldn't do well in England with the finances that would come with it. Rangers have shown that with the right finances they're easily a bigger draw than half the teams in the Premier League. Even if it did ultimately ruin them.

August 17, 2018, 01:02:22 AM
Reply #220

KoemansNumberTens

To be fair, although I take the piss out of Celtic and Rangers fans saying 'if we had the Permier League money' they both would become a force in English football if they got in. Celtic would easily cope in the Championship, Rangers not so much at the moment but if/when they both got into the Premier League, with the money that's there they'd be right up there with the biggest clubs within a few years as the Premier League would only increase their fan base amd global following

I know it's a fairly light hearted argument as it'll never happen but it's daft to say that because of where they play at the moment they wouldn't do well in England with the finances that would come with it. Rangers have shown that with the right finances they're easily a bigger draw than half the teams in the Premier League. Even if it did ultimately ruin them.

It’s a bit of a meaningless argument though isn’t it. People comment on the shite football and the response is give me 150 million and we’d be good. It’s true of absolutely every big club in every country if you just stuck them in a rich league

No chance of it ever happening anyways because there’s nothing in it for any English club. They’d be turkeys voting for Christmas

August 17, 2018, 01:12:22 AM
Reply #221

Gash

Global Moderator
It’s a bit of a meaningless argument though isn’t it. People comment on the shite football and the response is give me 150 million and we’d be good. It’s true of absolutely every big club in every country if you just stuck them in a rich league

No chance of it ever happening anyways because there’s nothing in it for any English club. They’d be turkeys voting for Christmas

Do you ever fully read posts you reply to or just the first few words before launching into a completely pointless post?

August 17, 2018, 01:34:10 AM
Reply #222

gizzblue

To be totally honest Gash. ..I just don't see it with either of them they play in a league were only maybe three teams pose a threat to them in results a season ....
as for the money stuff any team in the first two/three tiers of our footy could say the same thing ...again support numbers is basically the same thing ...there are only a handful of teams worth bothering with most Scottish lads I know support two teams ranger or Celtic and their local team too .

August 17, 2018, 01:37:21 AM
Reply #223

KoemansNumberTens

Do you ever fully read posts you reply to or just the first few words before launching into a completely pointless post?

Yeah I was just kind of agreeing with you in a muddled up way. We can’t all just post inspiring insights like yourself.

August 17, 2018, 01:39:54 AM
Reply #224

Gash

Global Moderator
To be totally honest Gash. ..I just don't see it with either of them they play in a league were only maybe three teams pose a threat to them in results a season ....
as for the money stuff any team in the first two/three tiers of our footy could say the same thing ...again support numbers is basically the same thing ...there are only a handful of teams worth bothering with most Scottish lads I know support two teams ranger or Celtic and their local team too .

Like I said, you need forget about where they play at the moment and look at the bigger picture. Anyway, also asaid it was meant as a light hearted debate but @KoemansNumberTens has sucked any of my interest out of it now. ;)