June 27, 2019, 12:59:46 AM

Author Topic: Emiliano Sala  (Read 4612 times)

March 26, 2019, 07:20:18 PM
Reply #60

stirlingblue

It’s a lot of money for them to pay out for a player that sadly never got on the pitch for them and it’ll look a lot more when they get relegated. If everything was in place and above board from their side I can’t see why they’d refuse to cash in on his policy and simply pay out. The transfer paperwork was completed between both clubs and ratified by FIFA apparently there’s no point holding back.

...unless they’re somehow trying to bank the money themselves.

Would insurance cover the full cost? I thought I remember reading somewhere that it would only be half.

March 26, 2019, 07:37:26 PM
Reply #61

Ross

Would insurance cover the full cost? I thought I remember reading somewhere that it would only be half.

No idea but I’d imagine you’d insure your record signing for his initial book value but as the “asset” value diminishes over his contract length his insurance value would drop in parallel. Otherwise you’d end up with a pretty worthless insurance policy while the “asset” is still worth millions to the company.

All very unseemly though and it’ll come out one way or another.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 30, 2019, 08:15:58 PM
Reply #62

Mayor Farnum

Looking like the pilot was not licensed to fly at night and there may have been restrictions on what he was allowed to do commercially. So any insurance may not be valid.

April 26, 2019, 07:38:23 PM
Reply #63

WeimaranerBlues

More sad news, his father died last night of a heart attack.

May 14, 2019, 05:27:33 AM
Reply #64

Robber Rodwell

Jesus, you have to feel for the Sala family.  May they rest in peace.

June 20, 2019, 01:31:23 AM
Reply #65

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
A 64 year old man from North Yorkshire has been arrested on suspicion of man slaughter for the death of Sala
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: