December 13, 2018, 05:11:44 PM

Author Topic: England Team Thread (Yes I'm Not Keen On The National Team Either)  (Read 25635 times)

September 07, 2016, 02:25:20 AM
Read 25635 times

Haile GAZrselassie

As in the premier league?

Nah. It's miles ahead of anything you see at international level.

Nah.

The German national side still wipes the floor with anything you can put in front of it from the prem.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

September 08, 2016, 12:35:38 AM
Reply #1

Haile GAZrselassie

I think one of our clubs actually won a qualifying round this year. Average attendances are 2500, but that's a very generous estimate, the real figure is probably less than 2000. But at least you're forced to register if you want to attend a game. Not on the day of course, that'd be unthinkable. Plan ahead if you want to partake in the privilege of attending a domestic match. :)

Aren't all domestic league games free to attend as well?? Or am I thinking of Bulgaria??

I remember hearing that somewhere years ago???

September 08, 2016, 04:15:03 AM
Reply #2

Haile GAZrselassie

I don't mind watching England these days. It's kind of fun cheering on the other team.

Do you watch the game with a lovely pair of beige chinos and a crisp white linen shirt on and some aviator shades on??

Brown suede boots and an ethnic bracelt on that you got on a recent trip to Guatemala!!

Because you are absolutely cool as fuck!!

September 08, 2016, 04:50:38 AM
Reply #3

Haile GAZrselassie

No, they have the cheek to ask money for it as well. They should be paying to fans for that fucking dross, just ask @Ridge. :)

That would explain the league 2 type level of attendances then!!

Hungarian football seems to have made a miraculous balls up of the UEFA attempts to get teams from national leagues with lower co-efficients into European competitions.

That in itself is a wonderful achievement!!😆

September 09, 2016, 03:21:32 AM
Reply #4

Haile GAZrselassie

Oh I see. Two decent England games in 30 years does that to you. I thought it would all change once we got rid of the so-called superstars, and maybe a manager cut from a different cloth, but after a while it's easy to become numb to it all.

I couldn't blame anyone for being completely unmoved by England just now.

What I do find sad is someone who actively supports their national teams opponents.

September 09, 2016, 06:55:21 PM
Reply #5

Haile GAZrselassie

Why? Have you never preferred a non-British player or team in any sport over the English/British player or team?

It has nothing to do with hipsterism or whatever you appear to be attributing it to. Well, maybe it does for some, I can't speak for other people.

But sometimes the 'foreign' opposition are just so clearly better, more skillful, more driven or whatever it is, that you just prefer them and don't really care about nationalism.

For example, in tennis, there's no way on earth I would want Tim Henman to beat Federer or Del Potro or Murray, even though I'm English. That has fuck all to do with hipsterism. I love tennis, and those players are much, much better to watch, have a much bigger range of ability and arguably have much higher intensity.

I find it sad that people are so attached to jingoistic nationalism, over loving the actual sport they are following.

To be honest, no I've not. I have a chuckle to myself when United or Liverpool get beat in Europe but that's more to do with the majority of my mates being one or the other.

Each to their own and that I guess. Hipster.

September 27, 2016, 08:00:39 PM
Reply #6

Haile GAZrselassie

He'll be sacked. Very little doubt about it. Not because the FA wish to sack him (they know they don't have a reasonable alternative they could hope to pay 3m a year now)

But because the written press won't stop until he is sacked and because SSN will run enough polls/find a couple of people suitably appalled by his behaviour hanging around on the streets of Kidderminster.

September 28, 2016, 04:50:51 PM
Reply #7

Haile GAZrselassie

All this shite about other managers saying they want carrier bags full of cash is total horse shit.

If they have the evidence then they should be named. Until then, fuck off.

October 12, 2016, 12:48:28 AM
Reply #8

Haile GAZrselassie

Kind of hope England get beat tonight without Rooney.

Not saying he's what he was, but his apps and goals record deserves respect, not morons booing him

It merits him respect. Not a guaranteed starting place.

England are much better without him as a striker.

I'm in the minority I know, but I think he's a good option in midfield.

October 12, 2016, 03:48:47 AM
Reply #9

Haile GAZrselassie

And now the commentators are at it too... they are actually defending Cahill for his horrendous challenge wich gave him the yellow card.  They (commentators) are saying that ten years ago that would have been a legitimate challenge.  Open your eyes English people wether you are commentators or at the FA board or Southgate.  This team is horrible.

Ok Ari, you beat us in the euro's we get that. Stop gloating now ok!!

Take care!! You cunt!

October 12, 2016, 04:12:08 AM
Reply #10

Haile GAZrselassie

I'm not gloating man.  I am sorry to see that you take my comments that way.  It was NOT my meaning at all.  The thing is i have been an England fan for many years and I canīt help but to see how bad this team is at the moment.  You must agree with me on that?

Awwww Ari. I wasn't being mean to you my friend. I was making a light hearted joke which was trying to make the point that I agree with everything you said.

Ari, you could call my mum a slag and I'd agree with you!! I love you!!

Have you been taking care??😊