November 21, 2018, 02:31:00 PM

Author Topic: England Team Thread (Yes I'm Not Keen On The National Team Either)  (Read 24614 times)

September 09, 2018, 02:23:16 AM
Reply #285

Cereal Killer

Being outclassed all over the pitch....

September 09, 2018, 02:51:11 AM
Reply #286

sam of the south

I droned on about this on FB when everyone was busy screaming “IIIITZZZZ CAMMMIN OOOME!”during the World Cup, that when that midfield three of England’s (an average DM in Henderson, a 2nd striker in Alli, and a winger in Lingard) faced a proper midfield, they would struggle big-time.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 03:05:35 AM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 09, 2018, 03:24:07 AM
Reply #287

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 09, 2018, 04:26:51 AM
Reply #288

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 09, 2018, 03:56:39 PM
Reply #289

gizzblue

Kane went missing again with Alli ...both only show for spurs .

Henderson and Kane both lost their men for the second goal to easily ...think Dier is much better player than Henderson .

Unfortunately the top six subs benches are missing a few more attackers for Southgate to pick ....because I'm sure there none eleswhere in the league ....honest.
Born not made a blue .

September 09, 2018, 05:28:05 PM
Reply #290

Bluedylan

Spain are better than us. Massive shock that.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 09, 2018, 05:38:06 PM
Reply #291

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought we played well overall.

Never going to really test the bigger nations until we learn how to use the ball from midfield.

Need somebody who can dictate the pace of the game from deep but can’t think of anyone we have?

September 09, 2018, 05:43:27 PM
Reply #292

Bluedylan

Thought we played well overall.

Never going to really test the bigger nations until we learn how to use the ball from midfield.

Need somebody who can dictate the pace of the game from deep but can’t think of anyone we have?

Lewis Cook eventually, hopefully. Doing that role for the U21s at the minute. Might be too soon, but can't think of anyone else doing well in that kind of role.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 09, 2018, 05:50:20 PM
Reply #293

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Spain are better than us. Massive shock that.
Knock me over with a feather had no idea!!

Like ram says tho, we give the ball away too easily, simply can't do that agaisnt the best teams
Simply simply lovely

September 09, 2018, 06:52:25 PM
Reply #294

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I thought this Nations League thing was replacing friendlies? How come England have a friendly next week?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 09, 2018, 09:40:29 PM
Reply #295

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It very might well be a matter of confidence with not playing regularly, but Rashford's ability in front of goal seems a bit erratic these days. His early form seems a bit of an aberration as it stands. Not saying he won't get goals, but he's veering more toward a Danny Welbeck type. He'd probably do himself a favour going out on loan and playing as a striker if that's where he sees himself.

September 10, 2018, 03:18:58 AM
Reply #296

Dr. Sponge

September 10, 2018, 04:32:56 AM
Reply #297

Jamokachi

I thought this Nations League thing was replacing friendlies? How come England have a friendly next week?

The country's FA's prerogative I presume. It's a competitive schedule on the calendar now, but because of scheduling not every country has two games. Maybe England's FA see it as a money making opportunity. Got to pay those Wembley bills remember.

September 10, 2018, 06:37:51 AM
Reply #298

bluestevie

The top league in the Nations League only has 3 team groups so teams in that scheduled friendlies in and around their designated fixtures, oddly enough both the Netherlands and Germany opted to play Peru in friendlies before/after playing France. Scotland played Belgium ahead of their league game with Albania (?) tomorrow, both Irish teams play tough looking friendlies on Tuesday after competitive defeats while Wales are the only Home nation to have played 2 games in this competition, hammering the Republic on Thursday before losing to a re strengthened Denmark tonight
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

October 04, 2018, 08:41:06 PM
Reply #299

Macca77

James Maddison, Jadon Sancho and Mason Mount named in the squad, Barkley recalled as well.