November 24, 2017, 11:55:51 AM

Author Topic: Deadline Day  (Read 39410 times)

August 31, 2016, 02:40:20 PM
Reply #30

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Todays the day lads

That's what I've been waiting for

August 31, 2016, 02:40:57 PM
Reply #31

blue slug

hoping we get Brahimi, kone and a striker, mcgeady and niasse leave. That would be a perfect day

August 31, 2016, 02:43:21 PM
Reply #32

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I'd still like a CM, box to box type player
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 31, 2016, 02:43:52 PM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Was quite impressed with him in his cameo during pre-season. Hopefully, will get a chance to prove what he can do.

Hope you are recovering well Blargins

Sky reporting that Spurs have bid for Sissoko.
Recovering slowly, but been awake most of the night in discomfort and anticipation for today.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

August 31, 2016, 02:44:46 PM
Reply #34

christiffa25

Surely a GK is still going to be on the agenda today?

My guess - Begovic

August 31, 2016, 02:45:45 PM
Reply #35

Bluedylan

From the Guardian:

Everton are close to agreeing a club record deal to sign Yacine Brahimi from FC Porto, with the Algeria forward expected on Merseyside on Wednesday to complete a medical.

Despite signing Yannick Bolasie for an initial 25m from Crystal Palace, Ronald Koeman is still searching for more reinforcements to his attack and has targeted Brahimi and Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini.

But while progress in the move for Gabbiadini has so far stalled, negotiations with Porto for the 26-year-old are ongoing, with Everton offering a deal that could be worth up to 35m. The Portuguese club has yet to accept that, although it is expected an agreement will be reached and Brahimi will move to Goodison Park.

Born in Paris, he began his career at Rennes before moving to Spanish side Granada in 2012. Brahimi moved to Porto in 2014 for around 5m, although 80% of that fee was paid by investment group Doyen Sports.

Capable of playing on either wing or in the No10 role, Brahimi scored seven league goals in both of his two seasons in Portugal. He is currently on international duty with Algeria ahead of their African Nations Cup qualifier against Lesotho.

Despite reports in Italy on Tuesday that Evertons had ended their interest in Gabbiadini, it is understood that a deal could still be reached for the Italy striker. An offer of around 16m was made earlier in the week, with Koeman also interested in signing Wilfried Bony from Manchester City.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 31, 2016, 02:46:10 PM
Reply #36

hill135

Hopefully Vinny OC has his hear to the dildo to make sure he gets the news as and when it comes in.

August 31, 2016, 02:47:29 PM
Reply #37

Toffee1

Recovering slowly, but been awake most of the night in discomfort and anticipation for today.

Glad your op is over and take it easy but hopefully, your anticipation for today will be rewarded.

August 31, 2016, 02:48:03 PM
Reply #38

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Surely a GK is still going to be on the agenda today?

My guess - Begovic
Don't need a number one, another back up yes.

August 31, 2016, 02:51:28 PM
Reply #39

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Only know a little about Brahimi. More likely to be competition for Ross than playing on the wing? Seems a bit odd otherwise to have bought him and Bolassie.

August 31, 2016, 02:55:24 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 31, 2016, 02:56:49 PM
Reply #41

mikey_blue

Only know a little about Brahimi. More likely to be competition for Ross than playing on the wing? Seems a bit odd otherwise to have bought him and Bolassie.
I think we're going to see a winger leave, or Koeman is planning on not being able to get a striker, and having to use one of his wide players as a striker. Maybe Geri?

August 31, 2016, 02:57:40 PM
Reply #42

christiffa25

Don't need a number one, another back up yes.

Really??

Someone to challenge was koemans words.

Stekelenburg is a good keeper. A step up from Robles but far far away from the GK's in the top 6 sides.

August 31, 2016, 02:58:53 PM
Reply #43

Robioto

Some of these Sky Sports New presenters need to take a chill pill.

I aviod Sky like the plague on deadline day, I find it unbearable.

COYB, pull one out of the hat today.

August 31, 2016, 02:59:10 PM
Reply #44

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I think we're going to see a winger leave, or Koeman is planning on not being able to get a striker, and having to use one of his wide players as a striker. Maybe Geri?

Could lose both McGeady and Lennon.