March 26, 2019, 01:48:53 AM

Author Topic: [News]PSG step up pursuit of Gana Gueye  (Read 15843 times)

February 16, 2019, 08:31:32 AM
Reply #330

American Evertonian

If we get 25-30m this summer for him I would take it - as long as all of it was reinvested in the club
Are we there yet?

February 16, 2019, 01:43:38 PM
Reply #331

blue1948

If we get 25-30m this summer for him I would take it - as long as all of it was reinvested in the club
Problem is that we don't get all of it ,so hard to reinvest what you don't get .

February 16, 2019, 01:58:04 PM
Reply #332

Macca77

February 16, 2019, 03:44:59 PM
Reply #333

gizzblue

It's not that simple.

He's 29 and relies heavily on his pace to make tackles and interceptions all over the pitch.

His performance level could fall off a cliff anytime. The market for him isn't always going to exist.

It's that simple for every other club that's got a wanted player ... drum up some business and let the biding commence. ..that simple  :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

February 16, 2019, 05:32:33 PM
Reply #334

ally2

And we don't know what's happening with Gomes. An entire midfield rebuild is likely. Without knowing for sure if Silva will still even be here. Another case of revolution not evolution, although I'm not entirely sure which is best but likely another season of transition.

February 16, 2019, 06:05:41 PM
Reply #335

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I feel bad for him reading that.

February 16, 2019, 06:33:04 PM
Reply #336

BlueNoseMike

Celtic would be bigger if they had the financial windfall PSG are benefitting from.

Gana signed a new contract recently; if he thought he was worth such a move he should of negotiated a release clause. A clause that would have cost him money at the time.

If my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle. What's your point?

PSG are currently one of the biggest/best teams/clubs in the world currently. Probably about 5 or 6 teams (if that) better than them

February 17, 2019, 01:07:34 AM
Reply #337

Waltzer

If my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle. What's your point?

PSG are currently one of the biggest/best teams/clubs in the world currently. Probably about 5 or 6 teams (if that) better than them
Exactly, and if Usmanov bought us we'd be catapulted into the same stratosphere, it's all about money now and the here and now. History means fuck all. And that's why in reality, despite what we sometimes think cause we used to win stuff 30/40 years ago, we're small fry.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 17, 2019, 02:29:27 AM
Reply #338

Bob Sacamano

Id have sold him. But Ill never complain about having a player like Gana in the squad.

February 17, 2019, 08:17:18 PM
Reply #339

Thomasmcd

If we had sold him then there'd be people on here having a meltdown that we got rid of one of our most consistent performers, especially if we kept losing, which we have done so far.

From what I remember the PSG link only came up toward the end of the window, so didn't give us much time to get a suitable replacement. In regards losing money on the selling him in the summer compared to January its not really important is it. we're not scratching around for every penny like we were. Yeah its better to get as much as we can, but if by holding onto him until the summer we have a better chance of say finishing 9th compared to 12th we'd make around 11m in prize money according to this breakdown https://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-prize-money/

Theres no right or wrong and everyones entitled to their opinion, but I for one am glad he's staying at least til the summer.