November 22, 2017, 03:07:10 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 152477 times)

September 28, 2017, 04:43:50 AM
Reply #2310

Toddacelli

It is! Google Wanda Metropolitano Stadium for images.

Is that a Meis project?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

September 28, 2017, 04:58:11 AM
Reply #2311

American Evertonian

Wow. Wouldn't mind it looking like that on the exterior. Beautiful.

Now if the inside could have the front row of stands about 5 yards from the pitch it would be perfect.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

September 28, 2017, 08:03:45 AM
Reply #2312

Jamokachi

Atletico's new ground looks amazing

It looks amazing, but it's in a car park near the airport :(

September 28, 2017, 12:40:06 PM
Reply #2313

Cozzie

Yup, Atleticos new stadium looks awesome. That in blue would be ideal.

September 28, 2017, 02:34:22 PM
Reply #2314

School of Science

Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 28, 2017, 03:57:59 PM
Reply #2316

The Analog Kid

Iíd still like something like the Don Bass in blue. What a waste of a great stadium that is.

September 28, 2017, 04:20:42 PM
Reply #2317

Macca77

September 28, 2017, 05:47:19 PM
Reply #2318

SteB

This is quite interesting.
http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2017/09/16/59bceda3ca47411d4e8b45ba.html
Real's looks good and AC Milan's is a really innovative idea.
I wonder if Dan Meis' idea of a larger home end is going to be similar to the Chelsea stand (31 seconds in)

September 28, 2017, 05:53:16 PM
Reply #2319

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I thought everyone had decided domes were bad and 4 stands were good?
Atleti's new stadium is the emirates with a fancier roof, straight top tier and slightly steeper bottom tier:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:55:10 PM by Mick 1995 »

September 28, 2017, 06:14:16 PM
Reply #2320

BlueBeagle

September 28, 2017, 06:15:51 PM
Reply #2321

phillyt

I thought everyone had decided domes were bad and 4 stands were good?
Atleti's new stadium is the emirates with a fancier roof, straight top tier and slightly steeper bottom tier:

This is my problem with bowl stadiums. They all look the same From the pitch/main camera angle.
Itís just soulless and devoid of inspiration or character. If you blacked out any identifying patterns in the ground, such as team names etc and did them in black and white you would have difficulty telling the difference, at pitch level at least, from the emirates to the riverside to Wembley and many others. I love the fact that if you see a game at goodison itís instantly recognisable. Even anfield, palace, Stamford Bridge and whl to a lesser extent. The only bowl I can think of that is standalone in its appearance from pitch level is West Ham. Mainly because itís so shit though.

People obsess about the external appearance so much, and thatís important. To me though itís equally important to have some sort of stand out identity inside the stadium that people watching our games, or other events will instantly recognise as Bramley-Moore.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 28, 2017, 06:38:44 PM
Reply #2322

Toddacelli

This is my problem with bowl stadiums. They all look the same From the pitch/main camera angle.
Itís just soulless and devoid of inspiration or character. If you blacked out any identifying patterns in the ground, such as team names etc and did them in black and white you would have difficulty telling the difference, at pitch level at least, from the emirates to the riverside to Wembley and many others. I love the fact that if you see a game at goodison itís instantly recognisable. Even anfield, palace, Stamford Bridge and whl to a lesser extent. The only bowl I can think of that is standalone in its appearance from pitch level is West Ham. Mainly because itís so shit though.

People obsess about the external appearance so much, and thatís important. To me though itís equally important to have some sort of stand out identity inside the stadium that people watching our games, or other events will instantly recognise as Bramley-Moore.

Agree 100%

Pretty sure that as the "new Liverpool skyline" line has been trotted out loads we can be fairly confident it will look unique outside.

But inside I want us to be instantly recognisable too.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 28, 2017, 06:47:53 PM
Reply #2323

MmmBlueRamirez

You have to consider that how it looks on the outside is important to a hell of a lot more folk than just us Evertonians. After all for most folk resident or visiting the city, all it is, is a piece of architecture.

And this is why it's so important to get it right.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 28, 2017, 07:09:48 PM
Reply #2324

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
You have to consider that how it looks on the outside is important to a hell of a lot more folk than just us Evertonians. After all for most folk resident or visiting the city, all it is, is a piece of architecture.

And this is why it's so important to get it right.

Don't think its mutually exclusive though is it?

Although, i'd prefer a monstrosity outside and a bearpit inside if i had to choose between the 2. This is first and foremost a football staduim and any fraction of a percentile increase of helping the team win has to be taken.
I would prefer outside to be intimidating as well to be honest. But i can see why "pretty" is more likely.

The point was though - the stadium people were saying is good is very similar in design to the type of structure everyone says they dont want - albeit with a unique roof.