November 23, 2017, 03:35:39 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 153139 times)

November 04, 2017, 04:27:41 PM
Reply #2400

Simon Paul

Administrator
Loved the reply from Everton & Meis to the NSNO tweet. Basically saying "don't be silly".

That was the twitter account of a feed set up by a media company to get clicks to a site that offers nothing other than a collection of other people's work

They call their account Everton in order to attract followers because their content doesn't do that on its own

It's boss that the clubs architect reacts to their tweets rather than an actual fan groups comments, don't you think?

deCoubertin

November 04, 2017, 08:33:33 PM
Reply #2401

Makis

Maybe Meis was also confused? I didn't check that account either.

Still, it was funny considering how you reacted to the picture.

November 05, 2017, 01:18:02 AM
Reply #2402

Simon Paul

Administrator
Maybe Meis was also confused? I didn't check that account either.

Still, it was funny considering how you reacted to the picture.

"we're getting a bowl aren't we?" with a link to the video that the image was taken from?

is this what passes for funny these days?

no wonder McIntyre is so popular

November 05, 2017, 04:25:25 AM
Reply #2403

Makis

Now now, don't be upset. You reacted stupidly to a picture in a video and was set right. How you thought that video could be representative of the actual design IS  funny.

November 05, 2017, 05:49:47 PM
Reply #2404

Simon Paul

Administrator
Now now, don't be upset. You reacted stupidly to a picture in a video and was set right. How you thought that video could be representative of the actual design IS  funny.

what you're doing there is you're projecting

you're assuming there was some sort of reaction without being shown any kind of evidence of one

that's because you are assuming everyone would react in the way you would react, so you are projecting your emotions onto something you have seen

the "reaction" was what you saw, not what you felt.

happy to help. xxx

November 05, 2017, 07:43:49 PM
Reply #2405

Makis

Ok, then. If that's what "It's a bowl then" means, fair enough.

November 05, 2017, 08:03:50 PM
Reply #2406

Simon Paul

Administrator
Ok, then. If that's what "It's a bowl then" means, fair enough.

You're taking a whole world of meaning from four words (although I actually wrote six, but you've condensed it nicely) which don't actually imply any kind of "reaction", rather asking a question and showing why that question was being asked.

still, if what you came up with in your head gave you a giggle, then happy days

November 05, 2017, 09:45:58 PM
Reply #2407

Makis

Well, how many Everton related things do you find funny these days (morbid humour doesn't count)?

November 06, 2017, 12:40:20 AM
Reply #2408

Toddacelli

Glad I checked in to see the latest news...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 06, 2017, 08:03:43 PM
Reply #2409

Hawkandro

Waiting for Watchdog to run a piece on how the new stadium will be built using mainly Ivory, by thousands of child labourers.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 06, 2017, 10:14:42 PM
Reply #2410

MmmBlueRamirez

Waiting for Watchdog to run a piece on how the new stadium will be built using mainly Ivory, by thousands of child labourers.

Didnít they already cover that in WC2022 Quatar episode?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 07, 2017, 07:01:28 AM
Reply #2411

Thomas

This ground move is more about Moshiri making money than our club moving forward. Thats what my head says.

My heart says If the owner cared about the club he would seriously look into regenerating our stadium and the area. I'm not even sure they've attempted to do a feasibility study into this, despite if I remember rightly Trevor Skempton displaying it could be possible. Goodison is right by a lot of local amenities and pubs too, is this new stadium going to be like Leicester/Boro/Sunderland in the middle of nowhere?

Instead of investigating staying, we are leaving to go to the city centre, which is already completely gentrified, we are abandoning one of the poorest areas of Liverpool, and hoodwinking our fans into thinking following the attitudes of EvertonBusinessMatters and becoming 'Brand Everton' is the way to be. I think this is being done for personal profit rather than in the best interests of the clubs future. This is just a hunch, but the man is friends with people at Arsenal who had a similar idea (The Emirates) which has hardly worked out well.

I'm probably stuck in the 90s and speaking from the heart with this mindset, but I fucking love Goodison and nobody can take it away from me without me having (passionately) my own say about it. Particularly an outsider who isn't even a fan let alone the majority shareholder. I realise modern football is completely fucked and distant from fans but us leaving Goodison to go and play in town really does take the biscuit. But are our fans seriously just going to give up us playing at Goodison where we have played for over a century, just like that?

I think some fans are being taken for being gullible. But fans can be fickle. Once they realize the price of a ticket at this place and the lack of atmosphere and dip in team performance and connection with the place as fans, I wonder if they will lap up the new stadium then?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:07:31 AM by Thomas »

November 07, 2017, 04:03:33 PM
Reply #2412

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Some good points there @Thomas , and people would be fooling themselves if they were to say none of it mattered. (fooling themselves or cold-hearted).

Few points though:
- Of course Moshiri is going to make money off this somehow. But making money is not evil. We win as well. The council actually wins also - it really is a good deal all around.
- Initially there will not be the facilities around this ground like there is around Goodison. But, besides Liverpool Waters there is the 10 streets project. Besides that there is a lot of derelict land. Besides that there are a lot of companies that wont fit that area anymore and will be relocating (voluntarily). The infrastructure will come in time.
- Prices will go up, but there's no reason to think the atmosphere will be shitter than Goodison 80% of the time though?
- EitC will do what they can for the County road area (but you are right, this place is going to be fucking devastated).

Now, some facts directly contrary to what you have posted:
- Moshiri *is* a majority shareholder. Nobody and no collection of individuals have a larger stake. That is the definition of a majority shareholder.
- The architect brought in to oversee this *absolutely* gets what this means to the fans. There is no reason to doubt that atmosphere/connection witht he location is going to be top of his list
- The best stadium in the world plonked on Goodison Road would not be sufficient to what we need. It's about more than justy capacity.
- You may be right about the gentrification of the city centre (the pros and cons of that are another debate). But you can't seriously consider the wasteland around Bramley Moore to be gentrified. It's a horrendous area in massive need of huge investment.

November 07, 2017, 04:04:11 PM
Reply #2413

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
North Korean forced labour is probably pretty cheap in the current market

November 07, 2017, 04:37:15 PM
Reply #2414

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
This ground move is more about Moshiri making money than our club moving forward. Thats what my head says.

My heart says If the owner cared about the club he would seriously look into regenerating our stadium and the area. I'm not even sure they've attempted to do a feasibility study into this, despite if I remember rightly Trevor Skempton displaying it could be possible. Goodison is right by a lot of local amenities and pubs too, is this new stadium going to be like Leicester/Boro/Sunderland in the middle of nowhere?

Instead of investigating staying, we are leaving to go to the city centre, which is already completely gentrified, we are abandoning one of the poorest areas of Liverpool, and hoodwinking our fans into thinking following the attitudes of EvertonBusinessMatters and becoming 'Brand Everton' is the way to be. I think this is being done for personal profit rather than in the best interests of the clubs future. This is just a hunch, but the man is friends with people at Arsenal who had a similar idea (The Emirates) which has hardly worked out well.

I'm probably stuck in the 90s and speaking from the heart with this mindset, but I fucking love Goodison and nobody can take it away from me without me having (passionately) my own say about it. Particularly an outsider who isn't even a fan let alone the majority shareholder. I realise modern football is completely fucked and distant from fans but us leaving Goodison to go and play in town really does take the biscuit. But are our fans seriously just going to give up us playing at Goodison where we have played for over a century, just like that?

I think some fans are being taken for being gullible. But fans can be fickle. Once they realize the price of a ticket at this place and the lack of atmosphere and dip in team performance and connection with the place as fans, I wonder if they will lap up the new stadium then?

Mate, when I can move along the row of seats in the Upper Gwladys without practically tripping over the seat back in the row in front of me, when I can go for a piss without waiting for 15 minutes at half time, when I can have a wider choice of food than fish and chips and cardboard burgers outside the ground I for one will be a happy man, we don't all live around the corner from GP, new location makes perfect sense.
It would take years of reduced capacity and disruption to re-develop GP, you would practically have to demolish 75% of it and re-build. I don't know what your definition of a fan is but in the case of Moshiri once you have skin in the game you soon become as interested in success for the club as any other fan.

We are one of the cheapest season ticket in the Premiership, there are a number of reasons for that, one being that the ground is not living in the 90's like you, it's a 60's stadium. Don't get emotionally involved with bricks and mortar.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:32:25 PM by Escla »