November 20, 2018, 05:40:22 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 324974 times)

NickNack, nsno, chart7 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 21, 2017, 08:38:34 PM
Reply #2640

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
The ECHO understands that the images that Mr Elstone were pictured with are six-month old artists impressions that Meis drew up and are not renderings or new stadium designs.

The designs are just some off-the-cuff shit that Meis just whipped up.

I think i may be in love with the man.

(next update not planned until the GM on the 9th Jan)

December 21, 2017, 08:55:53 PM
Reply #2641

Bingham Boy

Don't know what everyone else thinks, and I'm not knocking that design / render whatever it is, but would anyone be happy with the original Kings Dock design ? Still in love with that one myself and Thomas let it go mate, we ain't staying it's time to move on Bramley Moore is the future no matter what design. As for infrastructure, give it chance lad...build it and they will come.
Kings Dock design was badly over rated. People onlt liked the shy exterior which to me screamed out it wasn't built for expansion.

December 21, 2017, 09:14:58 PM
Reply #2642

School of Science

Kings Dock design was badly over rated. People onlt liked the shy exterior which to me screamed out it wasn't built for expansion.

Fair enough that's your view pal, don't agree like thought it was beautiful myself and can only think what a wasted opportunity.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 21, 2017, 09:22:43 PM
Reply #2643

Simon Paul

Administrator
think the designs we'll see will be very similar to those behind Elstone, and actually reckon the stadium is already designed and ready for planning permission to be sought once the club has spoken to the fans

there has been nothing in the way of reaching out to fans for involvement in consultation other than the initial survey on the official site earlier this year, and perhaps @Bally can confirm or deny whether or not the Fans' Forum have been involved, but other than that, there has been no approaches to supporters' groups.

if we want to be in there in the next three years (although pretty sure the first time Joe Anderson said that was at least a year ago!) then there won't be any time for any proper fan consultation anyway

I doubt there'll be much to complain about in the new stadium, but you know there will be people who kick right off about the slightest little thing

December 21, 2017, 09:41:29 PM
Reply #2644

D15TIN

Dan Meis basically confirmed those where the designs, so I doubt the Echo know anything

December 21, 2017, 09:47:48 PM
Reply #2645

School of Science

think the designs we'll see will be very similar to those behind Elstone, and actually reckon the stadium is already designed and ready for planning permission to be sought once the club has spoken to the fans

there has been nothing in the way of reaching out to fans for involvement in consultation other than the initial survey on the official site earlier this year, and perhaps @Bally can confirm or deny whether or not the Fans' Forum have been involved, but other than that, there has been no approaches to supporters' groups.

if we want to be in there in the next three years (although pretty sure the first time Joe Anderson said that was at least a year ago!) then there won't be any time for any proper fan consultation anyway

I doubt there'll be much to complain about in the new stadium, but you know there will be people who kick right off about the slightest little thing

Would you think they could do maybe two or three designs and see which is the most popular amongst our supporters ? And then make their decision.

December 21, 2017, 09:53:12 PM
Reply #2646

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Dan Meis basically confirmed those where the designs, so I doubt the Echo know anything

The echo are able (like Bally) to point out the designs have been knocking around for at least 6 months though?
and are able to point to the fact the font used for the word Everton is one we last used a few years back.
Further, Meis has in no way confirmed shit. He simply deflected the question and took the piss a bit. Twitter isn't a court where he is under oath. He can say whatever he wants in whatever manner.

In regards to fan feedback etc? I'd prefer people who know what they are doing make the decisions, not the fans. there is 0% chance you will get a fan base to decide on anything like this. You can see from this thread alone there is a massive difference of opinion. Hell, from this page alone we have had a difference of opinion relating to the Kings dock designs.

December 21, 2017, 10:10:13 PM
Reply #2647

Simon Paul

Administrator
Would you think they could do maybe two or three designs and see which is the most popular amongst our supporters ? And then make their decision.

nope

I doubt many architects would do that either on many things to be honest.  I'd go as far as to say that someone like Dan Meiss would like to think that the design he came up with was his best work and met the client's criteria the best possible, so wouldn't want to water it down by doing another two.

December 21, 2017, 10:22:49 PM
Reply #2648

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Where did he confirm this?

December 21, 2017, 10:37:49 PM
Reply #2649

D15TIN

Where did he confirm this?
By diverting the question, he could have just said no it isn't or ignored it totally

December 21, 2017, 10:42:44 PM
Reply #2650

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Can we not just pay the architect to design it and fuck off any fan input?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 21, 2017, 10:57:12 PM
Reply #2651

Cereal Killer

By diverting the question, he could have just said no it isn't or ignored it totally

That's almost the exact definition of confirming something, well done  :thumbsup:

December 21, 2017, 11:05:50 PM
Reply #2652

Bigjmill

Just helping move the project forward!  :woohoo: How long will it take for a Kopite to object to google !

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:13:57 PM by Bigjmill »
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

December 21, 2017, 11:06:48 PM
Reply #2653

School of Science

nope

I doubt many architects would do that either on many things to be honest.  I'd go as far as to say that someone like Dan Meiss would like to think that the design he came up with was his best work and met the client's criteria the best possible, so wouldn't want to water it down by doing another two.

Thinking about it, it was just a thought that I should have kept to myself. Meis should put everything into his one design and let the club decide

December 21, 2017, 11:14:51 PM
Reply #2654

bluenuck

nope

He's brought at least 3 designs to Moshiri and the board. I can guarantee that.

Or the first design he brought to them has changed drastically in the last 6 months till now.

I'm a structural Engineer. We did a design for a parkade for the Vancouver Airport. We gave them 4 options.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:16:59 PM by bluenuck »