January 16, 2018, 01:54:14 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 177959 times)

December 31, 2017, 05:06:40 PM
Reply #2700

MmmBlueRamirez

Update from Robert Elstone, which I suppose gives as much information as they can at this juncture.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/12/31/robert-elstone

Funding funding funding. Thatís a begging letter from Bob if ever I saw one.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

deCoubertin

December 31, 2017, 05:11:40 PM
Reply #2701

Alanvideo

Target is opening game of 2022/23 . Four and a half years off . I hope I'm still fit enough to get to the game by then !
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 31, 2017, 05:30:05 PM
Reply #2702

Tinga

I'm doubting this is going to happen to be honest.

December 31, 2017, 05:54:01 PM
Reply #2703

Waltzer

I'm doubting this is going to happen to be honest.

No chance of it not happening imo, too many people pulling in the right direction, the land has been secured for 20 odd million providing we get planning. Anything other than success in this would be devastating for us and not worth considering

December 31, 2017, 05:57:32 PM
Reply #2704

sirblue57

Great...but ffs , give us some idea of what we can expect..pleeeeeaaassse.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

December 31, 2017, 06:28:39 PM
Reply #2705

Alanvideo

No chance of it not happening imo, too many people pulling in the right direction, the land has been secured for 20 odd million providing we get planning. Anything other than success in this would be devastating for us and not worth considering
..................I'm sure Moshiri would take the land off the club's hands if the stadium fell through. It's a valuable site for any kind of redevelopment.

December 31, 2017, 06:54:27 PM
Reply #2706

Simon Paul

Administrator
..................I'm sure Moshiri would take the land off the club's hands if the stadium fell through. It's a valuable site for any kind of redevelopment.

Peel will take it back and keep control of their waterfront

No chance of them letting an individual keep hold of it if it's not being used for what Peel intended

December 31, 2017, 07:29:15 PM
Reply #2707

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Feels as far away as ever to me tbh. Escalating costs, no funding...

Again, Iíll believe it when I see it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 31, 2017, 07:43:36 PM
Reply #2708

Alanvideo

No chance of them letting an individual keep hold of it if it's not being used for what Peel intended
................did Peel ever ' intend ' there would be a stadium ? If it fell through I'm sure they would be open to an alternative proposal from Moshiri  and I'm equally sure he will have thought of such a scenario.
Of course ,Peel want to keep control of their waterfront and will have the final say. But they are inviting developers to look at other parts of the waterfront too ,that's how they work isn't it ?
Let's hope it doesn't come to that but the delays are a bit of a worry.

December 31, 2017, 07:55:54 PM
Reply #2709

74Blue

Peel have been trying for years to get their Peel Waters project off the ground. If anything, they need this stadium to get built even more than we do to push their plans on and attract further investment.

Even if the stadium plans went tits up, I think that depending upon what Moshiri had in mind for the land, It's highly unlikely that Peel would object, provided it was ultimately complementary to their overall project, so hotel, office space, premium housing etc, would all be acceptable to them I believe.

December 31, 2017, 08:18:44 PM
Reply #2710

eugene

And once again our paranoia comes to the center of the stage ffs blues the green eyed RS will be made up, I for 1 am confident and canít wait for the first time we hear z cars in our shiny new ground Iím going to blow you all a kiss COYB

December 31, 2017, 08:36:11 PM
Reply #2711

Bluedylan

Yeah it's hard not to have doubts when you hear about escalating costs and the date being put back.

Along with the fairly disasterous activity on the pitch, this has been a horrendous year and doesn't look like getting any better. We're also rans and it looks like we will be evermore.

Moving into the ground in 22/23 (if it happens) means we'll be losing ground every year for another 5/6 years.

Club going nowhere.

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 31, 2017, 08:42:26 PM
Reply #2712

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah it's hard not to have doubts when you hear about escalating costs and the date being put back.

Along with the fairly disasterous activity on the pitch, this has been a horrendous year and doesn't look like getting any better. We're also rans and it looks like we will be evermore.

Moving into the ground in 22/23 (if it happens) means we'll be losing ground every year for another 5/6 years.

Club going nowhere.

You realise 22/23 is just over 4 1/2 year away

December 31, 2017, 08:46:39 PM
Reply #2713

Bluedylan

You realise 22/23 is just over 4 1/2 year away

I do now. Ok losing ground (that we can't afford to lose) every year for the next 4 and a bit years.

We're already miles behind. Moshiri's on about competing and we've got Cuco Martina in our team. Absolute fantasy land. It's horrible but we're about as close to the top teams as Stoke are.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 31, 2017, 08:50:48 PM
Reply #2714

cantoffee

Get the right people in charge with a good long-term vision and we can get so much better.

There is significant room for growth, we have an excellent youth setup, we've been recruiting young players with good potential for the future, we have some excellent players, we have a strong base of supporters, and there is more money than ever in the league.

Things look like shit but with the proper people in charge everything could change within a couple years.

New ground is a big step forward and even with delays it would be huge for the club to have it all come to fruition.