October 20, 2018, 08:47:18 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 311556 times)

December 31, 2017, 08:56:50 PM
Reply #2715

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah it's hard not to have doubts when you hear about escalating costs and the date being put back.

Along with the fairly disasterous activity on the pitch, this has been a horrendous year and doesn't look like getting any better. We're also rans and it looks like we will be evermore.

Moving into the ground in 22/23 (if it happens) means we'll be losing ground every year for another 5/6 years.

Club going nowhere.

If fans expect Sam to have turned us into an exciting attacking effective CL team in 5 weeks I suppose it's not unreasonable for them to be disappointed that the new stadium would not be completed by Easter?

(The like was an accident!!😊)
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

December 31, 2017, 09:08:27 PM
Reply #2716

Trowel

At least this finally puts to an end the debate about whether fans will be consulted in the stadium design process.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 31, 2017, 09:12:11 PM
Reply #2717

Bluedylan

If fans expect Sam to have turned us into an exciting attacking effective CL team in 5 weeks I suppose it's not unreasonable for them to be disappointed that the new stadium would not be completed by Easter?

(The like was an accident!!😊)

Not even worthy of a proper reply.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 31, 2017, 09:14:59 PM
Reply #2718

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Just a teeny weeny improper one then? 😊
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

December 31, 2017, 09:38:48 PM
Reply #2719

BlueBeagle

This is never going to be built as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

An official statement about spiralling costs is often a precursor to either:
A) Downscaling a project.
B) Fucking it off altogether.

Watch this space.

December 31, 2017, 09:44:21 PM
Reply #2720

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah it's hard not to have doubts when you hear about escalating costs and the date being put back.

Along with the fairly disasterous activity on the pitch, this has been a horrendous year and doesn't look like getting any better. We're also rans and it looks like we will be evermore.

Moving into the ground in 22/23 (if it happens) means we'll be losing ground every year for another 5/6 years.

Club going nowhere.

The year hasn't been completely horrendous. This season has so far, but not the calendar year.

Haven't we got the most ever home points in 2017? I know we have the second most home wins of any team.

And haven't we scored the same number of goals and are only two points worse off than this time last season?

The planning and funding involved in building anything on an area of land such as BM Docks will always be problematic and complicated. We just need to sit tight on this one, I think.

Don't think I'm trying to gloss over the present issues we have as a club, of which there are multiple, but BD, you're usually one to have better perspective than this.

December 31, 2017, 10:04:30 PM
Reply #2721

Bluedylan

The year hasn't been completely horrendous. This season has so far, but not the calendar year.

Haven't we got the most ever home points in 2017? I know we have the second most home wins of any team.

And haven't we scored the same number of goals and are only two points worse off than this time last season?

The planning and funding involved in building anything on an area of land such as BM Docks will always be problematic and complicated. We just need to sit tight on this one, I think.

Don't think I'm trying to gloss over the present issues we have as a club, of which there are multiple, but BD, you're usually one to have better perspective than this.

Maybe statistically it's been decent but the stats don't tell the story. Overall we've gone significantly backwards, in relation to the teams we were trying to compete with.

We've disastrously messed up a transfer window, fired a manager, not had a succession planned and left a caretaker in for far too long, given the worst ever EL performance by an English team, decreased the quality of our squad overall, panicked and brought a lowest common denominator manager in. And here we sit at the end of the year playing backs to the wall hoofball against two abject teams in the relegation zone, with the promise of another 18 months of this garbage in store.

I'm an optimist and have been accused on here of being a happy clapper in the past. I really think it's tough to put any sort of positive spin on things.

We're so unbelievably far away from Arsenal and Spurs even. Never mind the rest of the top 4 who are even better. And there's absolutely no prospect of change for ages. It's completely knocked the stuffing out of me, from an Everton point of view.

Thankfully, my own actual life is going really well but the Everton side is an utter shambles.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 31, 2017, 10:05:48 PM
Reply #2722

eugene

And once again our paranoia comes to the center of the stage ffs blues the green eyed RS will be made up, I for 1 am confident and can't wait for the first time we hear z cars in our shiny new ground I'm going to blow you all a kiss COYB
Like I said PARANOID

December 31, 2017, 10:49:13 PM
Reply #2723

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe statistically it's been decent but the stats don't tell the story. Overall we've gone significantly backwards, in relation to the teams we were trying to compete with.

We've disastrously messed up a transfer window, fired a manager, not had a succession planned and left a caretaker in for far too long, given the worst ever EL performance by an English team, decreased the quality of our squad overall, panicked and brought a lowest common denominator manager in. And here we sit at the end of the year playing backs to the wall hoofball against two abject teams in the relegation zone, with the promise of another 18 months of this garbage in store.

I'm an optimist and have been accused on here of being a happy clapper in the past. I really think it's tough to put any sort of positive spin on things.

We're so unbelievably far away from Arsenal and Spurs even. Never mind the rest of the top 4 who are even better. And there's absolutely no prospect of change for ages. It's completely knocked the stuffing out of me, from an Everton point of view.

Thankfully, my own actual life is going really well but the Everton side is an utter shambles.
None of us are liking where we are at the moment but I do think we lack a sense of perspective and reality. We only look up at the 'elite' (mega-rich?) clubs above and measure everything from there so, inevitably, we appear to be failing. We also need to look at the (usually) 14 or 15 teams below, and the 3 divisions below that and the hundreds of non league teams even lower in order to put our position into context.
To move up into that 'elite' is very rare - Chelsea and Man City are the only two in my lifetime to have achieved it and it took years in both cases. It will take us years as well and along the way there will be things that fail and all will be doom and gloom and there will be things that work and we'll all feel we've got there!
Do you not think it's human nature that on forums like this at every club fans tend to talk themselves down? We all avidly digest a media and social media where there is instant success or total shit and nothing in between - we want it and we we want it now.
This is all big business where we read a few words somewhere and think we understand and know it all when, in reality,  we know eff all, a mere fraction of what is happening.
I've been around too long to believe Moshiri or anyone else changes everything overnight and also to believe a poor season (or in the top half of one of the best leagues in the world as most other clubs supporters would see it) is the end of the world.
I firmly believe it will come right but people do need to keep that sense of perspective and hopefully regain the sense of humour scousers are famous for. I won't go as far as to say ' it's only a game' or I'd rightfully be banned but I live near Stoke - so I know life could be worse than it is in Goodison.

December 31, 2017, 11:09:25 PM
Reply #2724

Simon Paul

Administrator
Everton don't announce when things aren't happening. There still hasn't been any word on the big Kitbag development outside the Park End has there?

We know it's not happening but the club basically just don't ever mention it ever again

The Walton Hall Park thing was Joe Anderson announcing the thing was off wasn't it?

This has got much more chance of happening though and at least the extended time line means my little one will remember Goodison Park!

December 31, 2017, 11:34:55 PM
Reply #2725

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Hahahaha, serves me right.
I came in here thinking everyone would have found good news in all of this.

1) there'll be some rough images knocking about soon
2) fan feedback is definitely still on the cards
3) as Si says, the fact we're still giving dates is a far cry from the quietly disappearing hope of the king's dock and the long list of other failures

January 01, 2018, 12:01:52 AM
Reply #2726

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 01, 2018, 12:03:47 AM
Reply #2727

Macca77

God bless you big Joe

January 01, 2018, 12:04:42 AM
Reply #2728

Thornton_19

Some right miserable old fucks on this forum.

January 01, 2018, 01:05:34 AM
Reply #2729

Simon Paul

Administrator
So Joe confirms that the designs are basically done and fans won't be consulted on them

That's sound so long as they're proper boss