February 25, 2018, 05:16:23 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 199465 times)

January 11, 2018, 02:02:30 PM
Reply #2820

Waltzer

Anyone who believes this needs their head examined. One only need look at Tottenham to see what the real cost would be. Theirs is exceeding £1B and was originally quoted as £400M.

Expect much the same here. If we only spend £500M, we might have a stadium that would have done just fine... in 1999.

Didnt Spurs have to pay something stupid for the land though and it'll probably be a lot more complex than ours as they have sliding pitches etc for NFL?

January 11, 2018, 02:07:42 PM
Reply #2821

Macca77

A mischievous mate of mine has lashed this on Twitter, the abuse hes now getting in hilarious

January 11, 2018, 03:34:39 PM
Reply #2822

Ramjam

A mischievous mate of mine has lashed this on Twitter, the abuse hes now getting in hilarious

Love it
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 11, 2018, 03:45:07 PM
Reply #2823

Bingham Boy

The design is surely a series of tiers that all overlap each other.

That is the only design that has fans as close to the action as possible.

Great for the sides but not for behind the goal, however Elstone has previously said about a large home end, make that two large home ends, ala Dortmund's behind BOTH goals, combined with thosemultiple tiers that overlap on the sides and we will have a cracker of a stadium. Please don't underwhelm.

January 11, 2018, 03:49:16 PM
Reply #2824

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
The design is surely a series of tiers that all overlap each other.

That is the only design that has fans as close to the action as possible.

Great for the sides but not for behind the goal, however Elstone has previously said about a large home end, make that two large home ends, ala Dortmund's behind BOTH goals, combined with thosemultiple tiers that overlap on the sides and we will have a cracker of a stadium. Please don't underwhelm.

Expectations are so high and opinion so varied that it will definitely underwhelm.

However, what you have described wrapped in something unique would tick near enough every box for me. (Even though i prefer the Gwladys to the Park end)

January 11, 2018, 04:11:35 PM
Reply #2825

Bingham Boy

Expectations are so high and opinion so varied that it will definitely underwhelm.

However, what you have described wrapped in something unique would tick near enough every box for me. (Even though i prefer the Gwladys to the Park end)

I'd have little subtle touches such as the criss crosses, on the tiered side stands, not just tucked somewhere rubbish just as a fake nudge to our past. I'd also have the Main Stand gable, opposite the Littlewoods clock. Subtle yet classy images that do not cost the earth and do not impact the design.

The stadium exterior really will divide opinion, but I'd leave that up to others to argue over, I'm not too fussed, but a decent stadium should mean room to expand in a couple of stands anyway so you'd be changes the exterior anyhow in the future.

There are loads of different opinions out there so bound to be disappointed but would want a reasoned argument behind each stand design Everton went for.

It makes no sense, other than lack of space, why we would only have one home end. If they deem design 'x' to be the best design for an End Stand, then anything other than 'x' is not the best design at the opposite end.   

My main spec is the Lower Gwladys St, I always take the opportunity to go in different parts of the ground and see the ground from as many different perspectives. The Park End is similar size to the Lower Gwladys in depth, 39 rows of seats vs 41. In terms of noise projection it is far superior and can spread songs far easier than the Lower Gwladys St. The Lower Gwladys St is better in that you get far more standing, better terrace feel from being shallower, more regular atmosphere but just doesn't project elsewhere, but far better to be part of.

What it could be when compared to the away end of the Lower Bullens is that the last row is against the wall, whereas you have a bit of a concourse behind the last row of the Lower Gwladys.

It's a lesson though that when you have tiers that overlap then make sure the overhang can project sound.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:17:43 PM by Bingham Boy »

January 11, 2018, 06:44:53 PM
Reply #2826

Macca77

January 12, 2018, 02:42:00 AM
Reply #2827

eugene

Come on lads what’s new today

January 12, 2018, 02:46:48 AM
Reply #2828

Simon Paul

Administrator
Come on lads what's new today

The duck noodles from Morrisons are nice

January 12, 2018, 02:49:25 AM
Reply #2829

sam of the south

Come on lads what’s new today

Ah not much, just our lovely neighbours, aided and abetted by the media (and probably the F.A.) are managing to dodge a racism allegation by trying to taint our player, who raised the complaint, by finding a tenuously homophobic tweet he made when he was a minor.

Standard stuff, really.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 12, 2018, 02:57:19 AM
Reply #2830

eugene

No no no the new ground not noodles and shite

January 12, 2018, 03:31:55 AM
Reply #2831

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
The duck noodles from Morrisons are nice

Are they duck flavoured noodles? Or noodles with chunks of proper duck?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 12, 2018, 03:38:19 AM
Reply #2832

Alanvideo

Are they duck flavoured noodles? Or noodles with chunks of proper duck?
...............................could be Bramley Moore Duck ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 12, 2018, 03:40:09 AM
Reply #2833

Ramjam

...............................could be Bramley Moore Duck ?

What the duck are you smoking ?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 12, 2018, 03:43:27 AM
Reply #2834

pedrotheblue

What the duck are you smoking ?

More to the point who's actually footing the bill...