October 24, 2020, 07:26:03 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 623633 times)

March 23, 2018, 04:02:13 PM
Reply #3195

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think it will end up being between 55 and 60k.

That'll be sound.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 23, 2018, 04:03:53 PM
Reply #3196

Macca77

I think it will end up being between 55 and 60k.

Hope so, but I reckon it will end up being 51878

March 23, 2018, 04:05:31 PM
Reply #3197

Jamokachi

March 23, 2018, 04:07:48 PM
Reply #3198

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine it not even being bigger than Newcastles ground.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 23, 2018, 04:09:29 PM
Reply #3199

Macca77

March 23, 2018, 04:10:21 PM
Reply #3200

Macca77

Imagine it not even being bigger than Newcastles ground.

Or West Ham's

March 23, 2018, 04:11:14 PM
Reply #3201

Ramjam

At 50,000 its 10 more than were getting at Goodison so were moving in the right direction providing we can add another 10,000 if needed. Id still prefer 60 to start with mind
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 23, 2018, 04:22:48 PM
Reply #3202

Macca77

Its starting to piss me off how long its taking, we've secured the land etc, Meis has been employed by the club to design the fucking thing for nearly 2 years now and yet there's still no images or ideas that we can look at. Now I understand that things take time and this is massive for us so we want to do it right, but get a fucking move on. Fan's chats with Meis should be interesting, but then what happens, we hear fuck all for another few months?

March 23, 2018, 04:40:29 PM
Reply #3203

van der Meyde

I'm hearing 52k seater.

Not particularly impressed for various reasons. I really don't understand the desire (from fans) for a smaller stadium either.

It's not in our interests, as consumers, to encourage scarcity in a new stadium. While I might trust someone like Kenwright to keep ticket prices low, I don't for a second have a lot of faith in Moshiri too. Spurs have used the scarcity of tickets in their new stadium to bump up prices and I fully expect we will too.

March 23, 2018, 04:51:04 PM
Reply #3204

Bingham Boy

Things we know to get a picture in our mind:

Seats on top of the pitch = many overlapping tiers

One large home end - will this be a single tier? or many little tiers?

One small to average opposite end - as it's a tight fit, probably many tiers

Size - I think we're all getting 50-55000 vibes aren't we

Shape - rectangular

Symmetry - 4 separate stands so none

Main Stand higher than opposite stand

Anything else we have been able to deduce along the way?

March 23, 2018, 04:51:11 PM
Reply #3205

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Get the feeling we are gonna piss off Dan Meis so much that by the end of it he will actively want us to have the shittest stadium possible

The general public, football fans, and people over social network in the vast majority tend to be total idiots. Probably more a fault of the human race then it is with us specifically as Evertonians, but still we are  such whoppers
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 23, 2018, 05:00:30 PM
Reply #3206

Hawkandro

Has anyone considered that the cost of building a 60,000 stadium on the dock could be exponentially more expensive than building a 50,000 stadium?

It could be down to something as simple as logistics.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 23, 2018, 05:39:31 PM
Reply #3207

blue1948

Believe it when Im fuckin sat in it lads.

And no surprise here is not even a semblance of a climb down!

March 23, 2018, 05:51:57 PM
Reply #3208

Waltzer

I'm hearing 52k seater.

Not particularly impressed for various reasons. I really don't understand the desire (from fans) for a smaller stadium either.

It's not in our interests, as consumers, to encourage scarcity in a new stadium. While I might trust someone like Kenwright to keep ticket prices low, I don't for a second have a lot of faith in Moshiri too. Spurs have used the scarcity of tickets in their new stadium to bump up prices and I fully expect we will too.

My personal reasons for not wanting it too big are as follows:

If we do 60k and struggle to fill it the atmosphere will be in danger (even more than it is), you'll have empty patches etc. The club could counter this by then reducing the cost of season tickets etc, this intern devalues the personal worth of the seat and supporters will be more inclined to have a week off, as it doesnt cost me that much anyway. You have the prospect of something like Arsenal or West Ham, where their recorded attendance is pretty much a sale out, yet the reality is very different, especially at Arsenal at present.
I just dont see all the fuss about its got to be massive, its got to be bigger than Liverpool etc. We wont be bigger than Liverpool on or off the field for years so build on whats made us what we are. Goodison is an intimate, compact stadium and used to have a good atmosphere, build what is relevant to our needs and not just to get one over someone else, that could end up being the detriment to what were about.

March 23, 2018, 06:01:58 PM
Reply #3209

blue1948

I'd be dissapointed if it's 50k tbh.

I think we're massively limiting our potential with that. Suppose there could be scope to expand but I'd rather we went 60k and risked a few empty seats.

Understand what Meis is saying though. Just think it kind of shows a lack of ambition.

The fanbase is growing year on year, to the point where we have a waiting list for season tickets now. A new ground should reflect that growth and I just hope it does.
I wish you were right but look at the record attendance and tell me it is growing year on year ! Yes I don't remember the season tickets being sold out for so long but I have a feeling that that is because of the affordability now .I had a season ticket in the 60',70's and 80's but have no recollection of there being a waiting list .That might have been due to the greater capacity then .