November 19, 2018, 11:41:47 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 324487 times)

June 08, 2018, 03:26:07 PM
Reply #3690

Ross

It's only ever been the "best terms" according to Joe, no one from the club has said that. The club have played it all very close to their chest as far as I'm aware. And this loan deal hasn't been on the table for 12-18 months. You've made that up.

What was said in the podcast is that the deal on offer is proceeding with legal execs looking over every minute detail, as well as other avenues still being explored by the club, in case there is a better option. How is that not the best thing for all parties?

As ever on here though, let's spin anything and everything into an negative.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-bramley-moore-stadium-announcement-12780955

Might want to check the dates and have a look at your calendar.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 08, 2018, 03:29:39 PM
Reply #3691

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iím chill, but thereís valid concerns creeping up for me.

Theyíre probably just bumps in the road but Iím taking nothing for granted.

June 08, 2018, 03:49:12 PM
Reply #3692

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Iím chill, but thereís valid concerns creeping up for me.

Theyíre probably just bumps in the road but Iím taking nothing for granted.

I know you are mate, and I know that being as sensible as you are your concerns will be with good reason, based on experience. I'm just preempting the hysterical brigade before they strike
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 08, 2018, 04:43:58 PM
Reply #3693

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't really see what he's said that changes anything. There's a few rumblings against the council loaning us money but that's always going to be the case for a project this size. Other than that Anderson seems to be saying that the club are going to explore all borrowing options so the council might not get the deal over the line and we may borrow elsewhere, something he feels would be a big loss to the council. That would be basic business sense for "shop around" especially when we're talking about the figures involved, even 1% difference in interest would amount to a lot of money saved.

I don't really see a reason for worry from what he's said.

June 08, 2018, 04:56:47 PM
Reply #3694

themilkycoffees

The toffees cruising around the globe looking for the best financing deal for their iconic new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock. Absolutely nothing wrong with us exploring our options instead of jumping at the offer closest to home. The funding deal offered by the council is great business for them and they'll be gutted if we go elsewhere.

June 08, 2018, 05:04:34 PM
Reply #3695

Ramjam

The toffees cruising around the globe looking for the best financing deal for their iconic new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock. Absolutely nothing wrong with us exploring our options instead of jumping at the offer closest to home. The funding deal offered by the council is great business for them and they'll be gutted if we go elsewhere.
LCC might get the shits if we go elsewhere and could possibly make things more difficult down the track for us as a result of not getting that money to reinvest back into the community
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 08, 2018, 05:17:43 PM
Reply #3696

themilkycoffees

LCC might get the shits if we go elsewhere and could possibly make things more difficult down the track for us as a result of not getting that money to reinvest back into the community

They aren't in any position to be picky about where extra funds come from. I hope we do go down the LCC route personally as I think it would be good for the city but it's not our responsibility as a club to do a deal that benefits the city council's coffers and communities if we find one that suits us better elsewhere.

June 08, 2018, 05:21:56 PM
Reply #3697

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The only reason people are worried is because we live in an age of instant, constant information. When there's a period of quite, as there inevitably will be, people hit the panic button, for no apparent reason. There is nothing suggesting anything has changed, apart from the fact we've had a board re-structure, which is obviously going to complicate matters in the short term.

10 years ago no one would bat an eyelid if we hadn't had an update in a few weeks... which coincidentally we have. The club aren't going to pass on every detail to us the fans, and neither should they be expected to.

It's a massive, complex plan. Chill out and let's see how it develops.

The reason people are worried is because the club have repeatedly lied, stabbed us in the back and pulled the wool over our eyes for more than 20 years.

I want to believe, but Iím going to need to see some spades in the ground before I get anything close to a singular hope up.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 08, 2018, 08:13:52 PM
Reply #3698

Toddacelli

The reason people are worried is because the club have repeatedly lied, stabbed us in the back and pulled the wool over our eyes for more than 20 years.

I want to believe, but Iím going to need to see some spades in the ground before I get anything close to a singular hope up.

I know what you're saying brother, but if this is based on Kings Dock, Kirby etc - I also think it's worth remembering that they were entirely different projects, run by entirely different people when we had entirely different prospects.

The reasons for my cautious optimism are largely based on BK taking a step back, new investment coming in, Moshiri and Meis appearing to be professionals at what they do - which is delivering results on a world stage. No small potatoes there. So we have a much better team driving a much better project from a much better base.

Plus - he had me at the cladding  :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 10, 2018, 12:00:42 AM
Reply #3699

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/stunning-designs-what-evertons-bramley-14756112.amp?__twitter_impression=true

We were the project for a pretty high profile architecture competition.
Top 3 proposals are in the article.

June 11, 2018, 06:10:40 AM
Reply #3700

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/stunning-designs-what-evertons-bramley-14756112.amp?__twitter_impression=true

We were the project for a pretty high profile architecture competition.
Top 3 proposals are in the article.

One of those looks like the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay.

[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 11, 2018, 10:13:31 AM
Reply #3701

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
One of those looks like Soccer City in Soweto
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 19, 2018, 08:22:56 PM
Reply #3702

Alanvideo

from The Echo ,quoting Karl Barry ,representing Cataclean..............
But for many Everton fans, the key question will be what does having a licensed venue on the space earmarked for a new stadium mean for those plans?
He said: "Everton have the contractual option (for the land) that they can exercise at any time.
"If Everton decide to exercise their option then my client will have to leave and Everton Football Club will break ground when they want to, possibly before Christmas."
Wonder which Christmas he means ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/5000-capacity-venue-bramley-moore-14802684
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 19, 2018, 10:48:03 PM
Reply #3703

Toddacelli

from The Echo ,quoting Karl Barry ,representing Cataclean..............
But for many Everton fans, the key question will be what does having a licensed venue on the space earmarked for a new stadium mean for those plans?
He said: "Everton have the contractual option (for the land) that they can exercise at any time.
"If Everton decide to exercise their option then my client will have to leave and Everton Football Club will break ground when they want to, possibly before Christmas."
Wonder which Christmas he means ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/5000-capacity-venue-bramley-moore-14802684

The Echo site now is practically unuseable from all the pop-ups - I just tried to read the article, so the video came on so I thought 'ok - watch the video' then a pop up came up that covered the entire screen and stopped the video as well, trying to get me to support women in tech? Fuck off!

I am a massive advocate for women in STEM but WTF has that got to do with what I was trying to read/watch? I've clicked my last Echo link ffs!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 19, 2018, 11:34:06 PM
Reply #3704

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely no progress on this still I see.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.