July 23, 2019, 10:42:35 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 424835 times)

June 22, 2019, 02:54:13 PM
Reply #4425

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone know or heard rumours of what exactly they have planned for GP stadium, complete demolition and re development of what ?

June 22, 2019, 03:03:54 PM
Reply #4426

Toffee1

Anyone know or heard rumours of what exactly they have planned for GP stadium, complete demolition and re development of what ?

The most recent thing I could find about this (which you might have seen already).

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/what-next-goodison-park-how-16117050

June 22, 2019, 03:27:06 PM
Reply #4427

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The most recent thing I could find about this (which you might have seen already).

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/what-next-goodison-park-how-16117050

Thanks, so still no suggestions of what may happen to it, any suggestions out there from forum members ?

June 22, 2019, 03:33:07 PM
Reply #4428

Alanvideo

Thanks, so still no suggestions of what may happen to it, any suggestions out there from forum members ?
...........at last years AGM ,  DBB had some artist impressions of mid-rise  residential blocks with community open space but it was all very sketchy ( no pun intended ).  Total demolition I guess ,which will give the householders on Goodison Road and Gwladys St a lot more daylight ,after the dust has settled .
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 22, 2019, 03:43:26 PM
Reply #4429

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
...........at last years AGM ,  DBB had some artist impressions of mid-rise  residential blocks with community open space but it was all very sketchy ( no pun intended ).  Total demolition I guess ,which will give the householders on Goodison Road and Gwladys St a lot more daylight ,after the dust has settled .
Sounds like a good idea, canít see The Winslow surviving though without match day revenue.

June 22, 2019, 05:02:08 PM
Reply #4430

blue1948

I wonder will they sell bricks or the like .

Should try to get a Chinese buyer to buy it lock stock  and barrel .
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:03:25 PM by blue1948 »

June 22, 2019, 11:47:37 PM
Reply #4431

Simon Paul

Administrator
There's no set plan but there is a legacy committee planned (may actually exist now) who will deal with it all and ensure L4 gets value, not just Everton get the highest price

Thinking there will be a mix of business, residential and community use but no idea in what percentages

Would actually be good if Everton in the Community looked into a dementia community there as they already do great work with people living with dementia and could extend that.

June 23, 2019, 02:00:08 AM
Reply #4432

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like a good idea, canít see The Winslow surviving though without match day revenue.

Donít think many of the pubs round there will tbh.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 23, 2019, 02:31:59 AM
Reply #4433

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
When a ground has been such an integral part of a community for such a long time it's nice to think something will remain. The best example for me is Highbury but that's not suitable for Goodison.  However, I would like to think it's more than just a small monument marking the centre spot,  goal or whatever. 
Perhaps some small part of the iconic face of the Gwladys St or Bullens Rd stands could be preserved plus a few feet of the terracing and perhaps incorporated into a garden display?
Don't know how this came up at a lunch  with ex work colleagues who have no interest in football (it wasn't from me!) but what about all the pepoles ashes buried and marked around the edge of the pitch?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 23, 2019, 05:28:58 AM
Reply #4434

Toddacelli

There's no set plan but there is a legacy committee planned (may actually exist now) who will deal with it all and ensure L4 gets value, not just Everton get the highest price

Thinking there will be a mix of business, residential and community use but no idea in what percentages

Would actually be good if Everton in the Community looked into a dementia community there as they already do great work with people living with dementia and could extend that.

Said it before, but those dementia communities are a great idea. Who ever came up with that idea can have free cups of tea for life at my house.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 23, 2019, 06:28:17 AM
Reply #4435

Tony Clifton

Said it before, but those dementia communities are a great idea. Who ever came up with that idea can have free cups of tea for life at my house.

They certainly are.  My mother in law benefitted greatly from her visits to EitC's 'pass on the memories', as have manyy others I know of.  Then again, I was sold when I heard about cups of tea served up by Pat Van Den Hauwe  ;)

June 28, 2019, 12:42:05 AM
Reply #4436

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-merseyside-48787668?__twitter_impression=true

:-\

My confidence level with this remains around 0. Still very much a believe it when Im sat in it kind of feel about it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 28, 2019, 12:47:14 AM
Reply #4437

D15TIN

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-merseyside-48787668?__twitter_impression=true

:-\

My confidence level with this remains around 0. Still very much a believe it when Im sat in it kind of feel about it.
this is nothing new, fuck the status though seriously. If people want to visit Liverpool they will, the vast majority of visitors now are for drinking weekends and the footy, not for a world heritage site.

Were basically expanding the city, transforming a derelict area, creating money & jobs, if they don't like that fuck them.

June 28, 2019, 12:54:24 AM
Reply #4438

Bob Sacamano

Petition signing dickheads across the park.

June 28, 2019, 12:55:44 AM
Reply #4439

Trowel

Reading the report it seems overriding issues are all around the Liverpool Waters development - our stadium is a secondary, additional concern.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news