October 21, 2019, 10:09:38 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473895 times)

July 02, 2019, 07:54:59 PM
Reply #4515

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Are they allowed to do 'new' leitch pattens?

Eg could bramley Moore have it around the top or whatever, or is there some like design rule about it being original archies only
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 02, 2019, 08:15:44 PM
Reply #4516

Alanvideo

Are they allowed to do 'new' leitch pattens?

Eg could bramley Moore have it around the top or whatever, or is there some like design rule about it being original archies only
................there are such things as design patents and Leitch himself patented a form of crush barrier used on terracing. I can't find any record of the criss-cross ironwork being patented though.  I dare say Meis will want to reference Leitch in some way and maybe even include some original ironwork somewhere on site.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 02, 2019, 09:19:36 PM
Reply #4517

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
................there are such things as design patents and Leitch himself patented a form of crush barrier used on terracing. I can't find any record of the criss-cross ironwork being patented though.  I dare say Meis will want to reference Leitch in some way and maybe even include some original ironwork somewhere on site.

It's silly but it will make me feel a lot better if the new ground has iron work in and around it. I don't want it too polished.

Some poet once said goodison was like being inside the belly of a pirate ship, creaking wood and groaning iron and all that.. I know it will be hard to keep that feeling but where possible I hope we can.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 02, 2019, 10:01:56 PM
Reply #4518

Alanvideo

It's silly but it will make me feel a lot better if the new ground has iron work in and around it. I don't want it too polished.

Some poet once said goodison was like being inside the belly of a pirate ship, creaking wood and groaning iron and all that.. I know it will be hard to keep that feeling but where possible I hope we can.
......................I know what you mean  , going ' below decks ' in the Bullens is a bit like that.
I'm hoping for something similar to this but I know a lot of people want a more modern look.

July 02, 2019, 10:43:02 PM
Reply #4519

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I am so excited by the project. There is an opportunity to do something pretty special with the BMD site given all the heritage by the docks. There are some fantastic buildings that can be brought up to date.

A great example of docks regeneration is in Cape Town by the V&A waterfront. There is a wonderful hotel there called The Silo, which was the elevator of an old Grain Silo complex. Just shows what can be done with these sorts of buildings.

July 02, 2019, 10:58:29 PM
Reply #4520

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
...............the club have got this covered but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere  . A Certificate of Immunity (from listing ) was issued in March this year.
I dare say some of the Leitch ironwork could be retained for use in a new build at Goodison or BMD.
https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1462465

I think when the initial consultation was on and Meiss was talking he said that some of the Leitch work would be incorporated in the new stadium. One example was as a front to the bars in the refreshment areas.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 01:36:56 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 02, 2019, 10:58:33 PM
Reply #4521

Alanvideo

I am so excited by the project. There is an opportunity to do something pretty special with the BMD site given all the heritage by the docks. There are some fantastic buildings that can be brought up to date.

A great example of docks regeneration is in Cape Town by the V&A waterfront. There is a wonderful hotel there called The Silo, which was the elevator of an old Grain Silo complex. Just shows what can be done with these sorts of buildings.
........................I'm aware of this hotel from a previous article. It's not that old (1920 ) but been redesigned in a very imaginative way.

July 03, 2019, 01:14:38 AM
Reply #4522

74Blue

......................I know what you mean  , going ' below decks ' in the Bullens is a bit like that.
I'm hoping for something similar to this but I know a lot of people want a more modern look.

I think that something like that would really shut Unesco up. It would be totally in keeping with the heritage of the docks and would be something completely unique in the Premier League. I'd imagine that it would cost a fortune to build in brick, but it would be a truly iconic stadium that would fit in perfectly with it's surroundings and a perfect tribute to the gritty history of Liverpool's waterfront.

July 03, 2019, 01:35:17 AM
Reply #4523

Bally

Administrator
Sunderland and Rangers have plenty of Leitch iron work. Rangers remains in situ and Sunderland have dotted theirs around the city

Villa Park still has plenty around and his work at Highbury was preserved once Arsenal moved out.

It feels very special to us, because its ours, but the Leitch work is well preserved elsewhere so outside of Everton I doubt many others will care. Obviously it'll be preserved, because it should be, but I think we will have some freedom over how it is done.
I don't want any of the leitch work at the new ground, I want a nod to it somewhere and that's it. I want shiny and new

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

July 03, 2019, 01:50:51 AM
Reply #4524

Simon Paul

Administrator
I don't want any of the leitch work at the new ground, I want a nod to it somewhere and that's it. I want shiny and new

Sunderland just have a section of it in the car park at The Stadium of Light.

July 03, 2019, 02:07:51 AM
Reply #4525

Bally

Administrator
Sunderland just have a section of it in the car park at The Stadium of Light.
I only want a picture of it, it's shit anyway...

It's the roll I way

July 03, 2019, 04:56:32 AM
Reply #4526

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'm hoping for something similar to this
I want shiny and new

And this is why we are about to spend 4/5 years cringing on twitter as the bell-whiffs on there can't comprehend that Meis has not drawn exactly what they specifically wanted.

Obviously not saying you two fine gents will be amongst that number.
Just the immediate & stark contrast in opinion gave me a grim glimpse into the futire.

July 03, 2019, 10:07:15 AM
Reply #4527

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, maybe we could scatter a few steel girders around the place to create some restricted views for old times sake ! ::)

July 03, 2019, 11:11:50 AM
Reply #4528

Omar

Aaah, so the bullens is the like the "black hole" for Raiders fans. Sticking with the pirate theme and all.  ;)
You come at the king, you best not miss.

July 03, 2019, 11:35:07 AM
Reply #4529

blue1948

Cross braced steel work is everywhere and just because it was laid naked to the eye as opposed to hiding it behind cladding doesn't mean you can patent it .If you buy a new car do you want the wheels off your old one ?or the seats ? It has to be something that is special to the time and place .All iconic buildings I can think of are dated that is what is recognizable .It is a hard brief to make it fit in and yet stand out but Dan the man will do it ( Just for you @ simon paul )