February 21, 2020, 08:59:31 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 517498 times)

TheRam, Mick 1995 and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 16, 2020, 02:14:48 AM
Reply #5220

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I don't doubt that there's 12,000 on a some sort of list the club have, but I think reporting it as a season ticket waiting list is bending the truth slightly.

I know when I went on it, it was advertised as 'register your interest' in a season ticket and it seems to have become a waiting list from there.

Will everyone on that waiting list buy a ticket? Nah, if we're still rubbish I'd say 50% of people on there might buy one. 

Yeah I remember with mine I registered interest and with two days Id been phoned and asked if I wanted one. Im hoping it will be as easy to get one for the boy in about 5 years
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 16, 2020, 02:55:27 AM
Reply #5221

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The list of people that have moved grounds isn't filling me full of confidence here lads. Have any of them NOT been relegated after their move?

I'm just gonna stick with City as an answer hahaha

Arsenal.

I've said it before on here but we will 100% be one of those teams that takes about 20 games to win at the new ground.

Our history of going years and years at places without winning does set off a slight worry that our new ground could become our new Anfield, and we'd not win for 20 years and end up playing the Bramley-Moore pub.

January 16, 2020, 03:29:59 AM
Reply #5222

bluegriffo

Man City is a really good one i cant believe i overlooked.

I was never sure if the King Power stadium was a rebuilt & branded Filbert street to be honest.
Looking into it though, they sank like a stone into league one in the years following the build.
I could live without seeing that like.
King Power Stadium and old filbert st site student flats built on old ground linekers crt

January 16, 2020, 03:50:24 AM
Reply #5223

Cereal Killer

Man City?

Leicester?

Spurs?

A CL final is pretty successful  :whistle:

January 28, 2020, 12:50:14 AM
Reply #5225

blueski

a friend forwarded this to me re: US sports stadiums affected by weather/climate change

I wonder if this has been considered or is something to be concerned about?

Nil Satis

January 28, 2020, 01:23:20 AM
Reply #5226

Alanvideo

a friend forwarded this to me re: US sports stadiums affected by weather/climate change

I wonder if this has been considered or is something to be concerned about?

...............Bugger . I thouight you were posting some actual news.
I asked the city planning dept. when they were putting the detailed plans up on the website.They couldn't or wouldn't say.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 28, 2020, 01:24:29 AM
Reply #5227

blueski

...............Bugger . I thouight you were posting some actual news.
I asked the city planning dept. when they were putting the detailed plans up on the website.They couldn't or wouldn't say.
no just an article I saw that made me think of Bramley Moore as its very low lying
Nil Satis

January 28, 2020, 01:27:13 AM
Reply #5228

Trowel

There was a date floating around when it was the AGM, will try to find it.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 28, 2020, 01:30:58 AM
Reply #5229

Trowel

AGM was on the 14th, so going by this the detail should be published in the coming days...

Q: Where is the application [for new stadium] at the moment? Is there a danger that the government might decide to call it in?

A: Colin Chong says application will be on the planning portal in the next couple of weeks. Process takes a minimum of 13 weeks. Work carried out to date tried to anticipate all the legal and technical questions by LCC and other statutory stakeholders. We think weve got all the answers but there is always a danger something comes out of the woodwork
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 28, 2020, 01:39:00 AM
Reply #5230

Alanvideo

AGM was on the 14th, so going by this the detail should be published in the coming days...

Q: Where is the application [for new stadium] at the moment? Is there a danger that the government might decide to call it in?

A: Colin Chong says application will be on the planning portal in the next couple of weeks. Process takes a minimum of 13 weeks. Work carried out to date tried to anticipate all the legal and technical questions by LCC and other statutory stakeholders. We think weve got all the answers but there is always a danger something comes out of the woodwork
..................more likely to be 16 weeks minimum and even that can be extended by LCC. It really is about time they at least got the detailed plans up on the planning portal . Even allowing for holidays they 've had nearly a month.

January 28, 2020, 02:00:59 AM
Reply #5231

Simon Paul

Administrator
It absolutely WILL get called in by government, ANY development of this size will need to be scrutinised at government level, especially on a World Heritage Site

The size of the public consultation - and the opinion gained from it - does their work for them though

What good would a public inquiry do?  And at what cost?  Everotn have already privately funded the biggest public consultation this century which would likely get a better response than a public inquiry would in terms of numbers, but likely the same in terms of opinion.

Unlike Kirkby there are no protest groups from the local community or supporter groups, so there is unlikely to be any formal objections

It's a necessary step, and there is no need to panic when it happens.

January 28, 2020, 02:47:34 AM
Reply #5232

Alanvideo

It absolutely WILL get called in by government, ANY development of this size will need to be scrutinised at government level, especially on a World Heritage Site

The size of the public consultation - and the opinion gained from it - does their work for them though

What good would a public inquiry do?  And at what cost?  Everotn have already privately funded the biggest public consultation this century which would likely get a better response than a public inquiry would in terms of numbers, but likely the same in terms of opinion.

Unlike Kirkby there are no protest groups from the local community or supporter groups, so there is unlikely to be any formal objections

It's a necessary step, and there is no need to panic when it happens.
.............unless you have  inside knowledge , we don't know if it will be called in . You say it WILL but then list  the reasons it won't be.
The amount of consultation the club have done should negate any local objections and unless there are dark forces at work within LCC I don't think the govt. will see any need to call it in ,despite the size of the project. 
My concern would be the delay that would be caused by the public enquiry that would probably be part of any calling-in process.  Fingers crossed we avoid such a scenario.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:57:14 AM by Alanvideo »

January 28, 2020, 01:27:34 PM
Reply #5233

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
.............unless you have  inside knowledge , we don't know if it will be called in . You say it WILL but then list  the reasons it won't be.
The amount of consultation the club have done should negate any local objections and unless there are dark forces at work within LCC I don't think the govt. will see any need to call it in ,despite the size of the project. 
My concern would be the delay that would be caused by the public enquiry that would probably be part of any calling-in process.  Fingers crossed we avoid such a scenario.

No, he states it will and then goes on to say why it will not be anything to worry about.

The official line is:

The secretary of state will normally only do this if the application conflicts with national policy in important ways, or is nationally significant.

A project of this size, on an area of land that's within the 2003 remit of the world heritage site, absolutely falls into both of the categories that gets called in.

We genuinely need to just get over our own opinions on matters like this, it seems to happen with everything that happens with the club.

That way, when it gets called in, there won't be gnashing of teeth and people losing their mind at the club/LCC/central.

And if they decide it's not important that we're building a massive national level stadium on a plot of land we shouldn't be building on without highest level scrutiny? Sound, it'll shave 6-18 months off the build time.

January 28, 2020, 02:31:00 PM
Reply #5234

Alanvideo

No, he states it will and then goes on to say why it will not be anything to worry about.

The official line is:

The secretary of state will normally only do this if the application conflicts with national policy in important ways, or is nationally significant.

A project of this size, on an area of land that's within the 2003 remit of the world heritage site, absolutely falls into both of the categories that gets called in.

We genuinely need to just get over our own opinions on matters like this, it seems to happen with everything that happens with the club.

That way, when it gets called in, there won't be gnashing of teeth and people losing their mind at the club/LCC/central.

And if they decide it's not important that we're building a massive national level stadium on a plot of land we shouldn't be building on without highest level scrutiny? Sound, it'll shave 6-18 months off the build time.
.................I know what the official line is ,its a matter of public record and I  didn't say it wouldn't be called in .
Simon says it will be called in but makes the point about the club's consultations and the lack of local objections .These are the 'reasons' I referred to. The club have tried to cover all the bases and if the World Heritage Org. haven't objected there will be no need to call it in ,in my opinion.
Now ,having said all that ,there will probably be an announcement this week which proves me wrong. As I said ,fingers crossed.