November 18, 2017, 12:38:27 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 151002 times)

October 13, 2016, 10:17:16 PM
Reply #75

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hoping they build just one cash machine so I still have to que up for 20 minutes to get cash out.

deCoubertin

October 14, 2016, 03:07:06 AM
Reply #76

ally2

I think a railway would make the difference but then again it would make people bypass the area.  It makes me so happy though to see the restoration of an old railway line or the destruction of a high rise tower block.

October 14, 2016, 03:59:37 AM
Reply #77

Everton Mint

Like the Kings Dock suggestion before, in terms of access, and especially road access, the fact that one entire direction of travel would be closed off due to the River always makes me concerned.

October 14, 2016, 04:25:25 AM
Reply #78

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see how the transport would work with Stonebridge.

The nearest train station is a good 30 minute walk away and there's only two buses that go near their from town. With it being on the lancs that can easily be rectified I suppose.

Also, the traffic is horrific there at the best of times never mind with a footie stadium thrown into the mix.

With the docks you have no such issue. It's a 10 minute walk from the nearest station in a pretty derelict part of the city with easy potential for transport links with it being on the dock road.

October 14, 2016, 04:37:18 AM
Reply #79

Simon Paul

Administrator
I don't see how the transport would work with Stonebridge.

The nearest train station is a good 30 minute walk away and there's only two buses that go near their from town. With it being on the lancs that can easily be rectified I suppose.

Also, the traffic is horrific there at the best of times never mind with a footie stadium thrown into the mix.

With the docks you have no such issue. It's a 10 minute walk from the nearest station in a pretty derelict part of the city with easy potential for transport links with it being on the dock road.

but it's near a motorway lad, and motorway junctions never - ever - get chocker, especially not with 40,000 football fans trying to get onto them

the buses would be a nightmare - the distance means turnaround would be longer for a start

at the docks, you widen the road, and you have easy access to the exact same roads that are used to disperse from Goodison, except if you are clever then you widen the approach to the Wallasey tunnel as well and bang, traffic is gone

October 14, 2016, 04:38:58 AM
Reply #80

Bluedylan

but it's near a motorway lad, and motorway junctions never - ever - get chocker, especially not with 40,000 football fans trying to get onto them

the buses would be a nightmare - the distance means turnaround would be longer for a start

at the docks, you widen the road, and you have easy access to the exact same roads that are used to disperse from Goodison, except if you are clever then you widen the approach to the Wallasey tunnel as well and bang, traffic is gone

Have you heard any whispers about what's going on with all this? You can tell me, I won't say anything to anyone.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 14, 2016, 04:41:37 AM
Reply #81

Simon Paul

Administrator
Have you heard any whispers about what's going on with all this? You can tell me, I won't say anything to anyone.

we've not bought the land yet, but apparently once that's dealt with the plans for sorting the land out are pretty much just ready to be put into action

naturally people are very coy over stuff, but the general gist is that plans are there and an architect is working with the club

I have a feeling that once the finances and land ownership is sorted then it'll actually move very, very quickly

October 14, 2016, 04:44:45 AM
Reply #82

Bluedylan

we've not bought the land yet, but apparently once that's dealt with the plans for sorting the land out are pretty much just ready to be put into action

naturally people are very coy over stuff, but the general gist is that plans are there and an architect is working with the club

I have a feeling that once the finances and land ownership is sorted then it'll actually move very, very quickly

So it's a matter of haggling over the price for the land, and then we can crack on?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 14, 2016, 05:06:53 AM
Reply #83

Cozzie

Isnt this the guy that is meant to be designing the stadium?

Apparently he is in Liverpool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLgqd6Lh5ak/

Dunno how legit it is like.

I'm clinging on to anything at the minute lol.

October 14, 2016, 05:11:36 AM
Reply #84

Simon Paul

Administrator
Isnt this the guy that is meant to be designing the stadium?

Apparently he is in Liverpool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLgqd6Lh5ak/

Dunno how legit it is like.

I'm clinging on to anything at the minute lol.

there's a few - obviously we want people to compete for the "winning" design

October 14, 2016, 05:23:41 AM
Reply #85

Alfie Noakes

Really hoping this will happen. A stadium on the docks would be incredible.

October 14, 2016, 02:37:32 PM
Reply #86

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Surely the club know that close to a 100% of Evertonians want the stadium on the Docks rather than the other one?

Let's hope they take this into account
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 14, 2016, 03:02:14 PM
Reply #87

Rhys

So it's a matter of haggling over the price for the land, and then we can crack on?

I won't believe it until moshiri has text Jim White to watch this space.

October 14, 2016, 03:23:26 PM
Reply #88

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Surely the club know that close to a 100% of Evertonians want the stadium on the Docks rather than the other one?

Let's hope they take this into account

I'm sure they do.

If Joe Anderson, who is responsible for the land of the other option, is so behind the docks then he must know that EFC really want the docks otherwise, whatever personal preference, he'd be more coy because we'd have to push the publicity for Stonebridge Cross.

He'll also know the Peel people very well so will have both angles.

October 14, 2016, 03:26:16 PM
Reply #89

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

I don't think it's the price of the land, if the rumoured 30m is correct.
I think Peel and the city probably want us to help regenerate other parts of that area.
I can imagine a colossal amount of conditions that go with the sale of the land.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"