October 15, 2019, 09:36:24 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 471528 times)

April 05, 2018, 02:58:21 AM
Reply #180

Alanvideo

That seems to be the initial thinking. Albeit reading between the lines from different Anderson quotes.
I'd suggest building two platforms - one either side of the tracks would mean you wouldn't even really need to stop services at any point.

I genuinely hope i live to see Bramley Moore, 10 Streets & Liverpool Waters built to the standards set out at initial planning stages.
..............there was an old lad at St.Lukes today who said he was 90+ and didn't think he'd see the stadium but was pleased it was happening .
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 05, 2018, 03:30:04 AM
Reply #181

Alanvideo

I'm a hugger man, and if you're off here you will always receive a hug from me.

Good to meet you man.
................likewise mate.  :cheers:

April 05, 2018, 04:04:24 PM
Reply #182

Alanvideo

@Mick 1995 I don't think LCC will guarantee any additional loans apart from the PWLF. It will be up to Moshiri to come up with the other 50% or so.
All parties want the stadium to happen, Peel ,LCC and EFC .It's needed to anchor the North Liverpool regeneration. Dan Meis said yesterday he's been working on this for 2.5 years and we hope to apply for PP this year ,then a 3 year build.
Something else I remembered was that Dan is quite taken with the Bramley Moore name and even suggested it could be part of the stadium name e.g. 'sponsor ' @ Bramley Moore

April 05, 2018, 04:39:19 PM
Reply #183

Alanvideo

For sure but we don’t know who yet so I wrote whatever.
...................I think we fans will always call it Bramley Moore. Good job we didn't decode to build on Sandon Half Tide ,it doesn't sound right.

April 05, 2018, 06:53:44 PM
Reply #184

Alanvideo

I think something like USM Bramley Moore would be great, but unfortunately I do think stadium names evolve with sponsorships.

Take Lansdowne Road as an example. This is a massively historic ground, with so much tradition. Nobody ever thought it could be known as anything else. Now, nobody calls it anything but 'The Aviva'.

Bramley Moore hasn't got any associations with a stadium, and the vast majority of fans outside Everton still wouldn't recognise the name. Unfortunately I don't see it having much chance of being called anything other than the sponsors name.   
...........time will tell but most fans are now referring to 'Bramley Moore ' We've got 4 more years before we go there , by which time the name will be engrained in our minds. The sign on the dock wall will still say Bramley -Moore as will the pub outside.
I'm pretty sure it will be known locally as Bramley Moore even if it's official name is the 'Insert Name Here' stadium.

April 06, 2018, 02:07:40 AM
Reply #185

Alanvideo

I believe Meis said that 60k was technically possible on the site, like.
...............he did but I think he said it would impact on the space available for concourses etc. Plus the additional cost , he didn't think it was viable. He emphasised there are physical constraints on the site . he's the expert ,I think we should accept his advice on capacity ,whatever it may be.

April 17, 2018, 02:57:02 AM
Reply #186

Alanvideo

Waiting to hear if I get a transfer seat , might phone tomorrow. Not hopeful.

April 17, 2018, 03:44:35 AM
Reply #187

Alanvideo

You're by me aren't you?
..........yes row U but too close to a pillar ,I want to move further along if poss. 

April 17, 2018, 05:08:18 PM
Reply #188

Alanvideo

because the road heads towards both Goodison & Anfield
..............exactly. This has been posted before ,it's nothing to do with Bramley-Moore.

April 17, 2018, 06:19:29 PM
Reply #189

Alanvideo

I wanted to move as well cos I fucking despise the cunt who sits behind me.

Got told they already had too many seat transfer requests though.
.................and I despise the cunt who sits in front of me  :wag:
Seriously though ,I just phoned they said they are just starting to go through seat transfer requests. Priority is given to those who renewed earliest apparently. I renewed on 30th January so might get a . chance.

April 17, 2018, 10:33:32 PM
Reply #190

Alanvideo

I renewed two months ago - I've not heard anything about seat moving requests. Or do you contact yourself?
................if you want a move you have to say when you renew. Further to what I posted earlier I got a call back from the club and they have give me a better seat in the same section so will check it out on Monday.

May 07, 2018, 05:15:52 PM
Reply #191

Alanvideo

I renewed two months ago - I've not heard anything about seat moving requests. Or do you contact yourself?
.......................did you ever get a move ?  I got mine still in MS3 row T but 100% clear view

May 31, 2018, 11:40:15 PM
Reply #192

Alanvideo

bit of infrastructure news here...........
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/plans-20m-link-road-provide-14729024
..........all we need now are the plans going in ,oh and the money of course.

June 01, 2018, 01:08:27 AM
Reply #193

Alanvideo

I don't get it, will it simply be a new connecting road that cuts through Gibraltar Row?
/....................there are full plans on the LCC website but basically it's a new road between the Dock road and Great Howard St. which will aid traffic coming into town. I'm open to correction like but that's how I see it. And it will cut through Gib Row as you say ,in an East -West direction if I'm right.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 01:10:26 AM by Alanvideo »

June 08, 2018, 05:34:16 AM
Reply #194

Alanvideo

This is the council leader saying we’re looking elsewhere, thats not due diligence all of a sudden after 12-18 months of an offer being on the the table. 

What’s changed from this being the best offer we could possibly ever get 12-18 months ago? The council or the terms haven’t (as far as we know). 

Not sure how we can go from a “ground breaking” financial offer off the local council to lend us money at government funded lending rates to a better offer somewhere else unless there’s been a background change that’s not been revealed yet.

.............there's been plenty of dissenting voices from councillors etc. who are against LCC lending the money to Everton . It would have to go through the full council for approval and maybe Joe isn't too confident of that happening.