October 15, 2019, 03:16:12 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 471194 times)

July 31, 2018, 04:47:20 PM
Reply #210

Alanvideo

Moshiri is joint owner of the Liver Building and the 7th floor was vacant . Makes sense to move the club offices there . I've been in some of the offices at Goodison and it's a bit David Brent.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 31, 2018, 05:08:27 PM
Reply #211

Alanvideo

I have this mental picture of Moshiri writing a cheque for the rent from EFC ,handing it to his secretary who then hands it back to him as owner of the Liver Building .
He opens the envelope with feigned surprise . Bit like Mr.Bean sending himself a birthday card.  :thumbsup:

July 31, 2018, 05:53:22 PM
Reply #212

Alanvideo

Will this free up space at goodison for more hospitality areas?
.............I was thinking that too.The hostility suites seem to be sold out most of the time and we've got maybe 4 seasons left at Goodison............or maybe 40 !

July 31, 2018, 10:32:04 PM
Reply #213

Alanvideo

You referenced those clubs because you were saying that  they didn’t have their admin offices off site, I was suggesting to you that that would be because they have massive 21st Century state of the art stadiums where office accommodation would have been included on site.
............this surely would have been the case at B-M but for the fact that Moshiri part-owns the Liver Building .

August 01, 2018, 03:57:25 PM
Reply #214

Alanvideo

Wouldn’t really fancy it but imagine lighting the liver birds royal blue?
The uproar would be ear splitting
....................Angry Liver Birds  could be our sponsor !
Seriously though ,I think the whole building has been lit up in blue on occasions ? can't recall why . 

August 13, 2018, 11:20:09 PM
Reply #215

Alanvideo

Also, you know, being involved in the redevelopment of Old Trafford and the construction of the Etihad is actually kind of relevant experience! (Though I'm absolutely trying to pretend he didn't play a role in the Park End being such a missed opportunity...)
.................yes I would have kept quiet about the Park End. Hope he wasn't involved with the Everton Place fiasco.

August 14, 2018, 12:47:30 AM
Reply #216

Alanvideo

According to the OS ,Everton received £1.3m from the Football Trust towards the cost of the Park End . I don't know what proportion of the total cost that represents but at 1994 prices it was a good subsidy.

August 14, 2018, 03:52:44 AM
Reply #217

Alanvideo

To be fair it was nearly 25 years ago and we're only now looking like we may need a little more capacity.
.....................  Most games have been sold out over the past 4/5 seasons ,plus you're not taking into account that only obstructed views are available so it puts off ' casual 'supporters. When visitors don't take the Upper section ,which is a decent view , it gets sold to home fans in no time ,proving there is a demand for more capacity.

August 14, 2018, 02:12:37 PM
Reply #218

Alanvideo

Not sure if this is kind of racist, but I really didn't expect to see an elderly white guy above his name.
.........................elderly ? what is he about 75 ?  be lucky to see BM dock built ,shuffling about on his zimmer frame ,poor old sod  :shock:

August 14, 2018, 03:19:28 PM
Reply #219

Alanvideo

Seem to remember that was Sir Philip Carter who said that?
..................and now the stand is named after him !

August 14, 2018, 09:34:08 PM
Reply #220

Alanvideo

They are wrong it is short for Grandstand

................and here it is  in its original form

August 14, 2018, 10:01:02 PM
Reply #221

Alanvideo

A real trip down memory lane, when live football menat you were at the game  ;D
..............used to love the teleprinter ,especially when it got stuck and whirred away for what seemed like ages. And Colemanballs .

August 24, 2018, 01:54:56 PM
Reply #222

Alanvideo

Is Mayor Joe hinting at a deal with... Usmanov?
/brown paper bag

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mayor-joe-anderson-gives-important-15066460

Mayor Anderson said: "Everton are not ready yet to have a deal with the city because they are still looking at other options and potential arrangements with other companies and people."

........................I thought that too ; it's very likely we are at least having a conversation with Usmanov. 
He didn't drop any hints about a planning application though.

November 13, 2018, 11:32:11 PM
Reply #223

Alanvideo

Peeps on the Everton forum recon this is it mmmm not sure me
..............not the first time this image has turned up on various forums. I wouldn't give it any creedence..

November 15, 2018, 04:08:26 PM
Reply #224

Alanvideo

I'd like a castle/fortress kind of look too. Keeps it traditional and the inside could be more futuristic. It should stand out on the historic waterfront but not detract.
................I want there to be some traditional materials used but I don't want it to be some kind of Disneyworld design .  @Simon Paul has already hinted that UNESCO are happy with the draft design so we just have to wait and see,.