August 14, 2020, 12:43:06 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 584924 times)

neilo, Deano Blue Boy and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 26, 2019, 05:40:59 PM
Reply #15

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Have any of the neighbours admitted that this is the tits and makes their tin pot look even more tin pot-y?

July 26, 2019, 06:05:16 PM
Reply #16

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

December 05, 2019, 04:49:19 AM
Reply #17

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Genuine question. What happens to this plan if we go down?

We all pile in a dinghy and watch the lads play water volleyball.

December 23, 2019, 11:43:21 PM
Reply #18

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

December 28, 2019, 02:48:09 AM
Reply #19

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Plus if you factor in potential sanctions to your business plan then youíre made in the shade if the benefits outweigh the costs. Obviously you play the game until the sanctions move toward being banned/kicked out!

June 20, 2020, 03:55:09 AM
Reply #20

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The excavation is underway isnít it.

June 24, 2020, 11:50:44 PM
Reply #21

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

June 25, 2020, 04:01:05 AM
Reply #22

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Itís all in the game, yo.

June 25, 2020, 04:25:25 AM
Reply #23

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Loyalty and passion is great, but ultimately you have to do whatís right for the business and the people within it.

June 25, 2020, 03:37:31 PM
Reply #24

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I mean, not personally too concerned about the millionaire architect with a host of world class projects to his name...more a case of ok, so who is the project owner now? Who carries the vision forward? The man who was bought in to the club and the project has gone, and has been replaced with a firm best known for building slave stadiums in Qatar, presumably because they were the lowest bidder.

All that stuff about how we've finally gone out and got one of the best we could get for something so important, and then not just that but he's bought into the culture, the nods to our heritage, the leich details, the Littlewoods clock, etc. etc.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a step towards* an inferior finished product.

I know that you know that this is how big business works.

Heís done the job he was employed to do, then had the privilege to pitch his services for the next stage.

Not that I know the details, but carrying on with DM could be like buying a Gylfi, proper motd player but day to day he isnít cost effective for what he actually delivers. The type of business youíre up in arms against us doing.

In fact, the more I read this post the more I dislike it. Reads like proper tabloid news stuff that mate.

June 25, 2020, 04:54:59 PM
Reply #25

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah with all this stuff my point of view comes from - at what point are Everton going to fuck this up and break my heart?

It's not good vibes like and I still think if you bought into all that stuff about having someone who was bought into the club leading the project etc, how can you not have some sort of push back reaction against the fact that it's now the lowest bidder running the show.

But you are both right it is just reality, and almost certainly a wise business decision.

May not even be lowest bidder. Could be largest cashflow which allows us to be more frugal with payment schedule. The next few years are going to be fine margins full of huge decisions.

June 25, 2020, 08:32:02 PM
Reply #26

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Dont hate the player, hate the game.

Deffo gonna be a load of cost cutting going on, typical Everton. Could have been world class if we paid out for all the frills,  but nah lets just get it build by any means necessary, just as cheap as we can. Everton that.

What frills are cut.

Youíre talking absolute shite. Weíve taken the plans from the first guy and given them to another guy because they can do the job for less money. Cashflow is huge in these jobs, it the new company outweighs the previous one it means we can have more flexibility in the payment structure.

June 25, 2020, 08:58:37 PM
Reply #27

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I dont know what frills, if any, have been cut. Im just speculating. Having being involved in multi-million dollar builds of manufacturing sites (I know its not the same as stadium builds but its something to go off) I know that the lowest bidder normally equates to lower quality. Just having the plans doesnt necessarily mean that you are gonna build it to the vision of the architect or to the highest quality. What can get cut, will get cut.

Oh right. Being on a procurement team for a leisure chain for multiple site builds I know first hand that going for the most expensive doesnít mean you will have a better end product. Itís about picking the correct partner.

July 30, 2020, 04:11:41 PM
Reply #28

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
As far as Iím aware (from a legal perspective - someone I know in the game) that work is underway, but not exactly PR worthy shovel in the ground type of thing.