October 19, 2018, 10:16:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 311428 times)

December 21, 2017, 04:57:26 AM
Reply #2565

ally2

There's a sort of old fashioned charm about this where the football team moves into the heart of the city instead of moving out. It's only really because the city of Liverpool is so behind in its development (in my opinion). It's made huge strides the last 10 years but not enough that it would make this move an impossibility.

December 21, 2017, 04:58:36 AM
Reply #2566

Bally

Administrator
Of all the areas we could have picked to help the regeneration of North Liverpool, we move into an already gentrified City Centre.

Ticket prices will be nearly double what they are now and our fan base will change and the atmosphere could basically be shit. The council are paying for it so decide the design, sounds very like Newham Council with West Ham.

All this backed by an owner who Panorama had to do a program (which tbf he disputes) on where his funds come from.
Love the negative outlook into the future there lad, you really need to change the fucking direction of your crystal ball, quite how any one can be negative about a future you have no fucking idea about is beyond me.
It's the roll I way

December 21, 2017, 05:00:08 AM
Reply #2567

Bally

Administrator
Mate, this ground will redevelop a massively underused a derelict part of the city.

It's not in the city centre at all so I don't know why you're saying that?

The dock road has so much unfulfilled potential and needs something like this to kick start its renovation.

Where in north Liverpool would you rather put it?
As said here, we have been down there it's far from fucking gentrified if anything it's close to derelict, fucking gentrified my arse.
It's the roll I way

December 21, 2017, 05:02:12 AM
Reply #2568

everton1952

Of all the areas we could have picked to help the regeneration of North Liverpool, we move into an already gentrified City Centre.

Ticket prices will be nearly double what they are now and our fan base will change and the atmosphere could basically be shit. The council are paying for it so decide the design, sounds very like Newham Council with West Ham.

All this backed by an owner who Panorama had to do a program (which tbf he disputes) on where his funds come from.
Where the fuck are you from? Gentrified city centre? Double prices? I know the Shite have loads of fans from Norway and further than that> Have you ever been to Liverpool? Have you ever seen the Dock road?

December 21, 2017, 05:02:25 AM
Reply #2569

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The council arenít paying for any of it.

And itís hardly a salubrious area!

December 21, 2017, 05:03:40 AM
Reply #2570

Ross

Show me the feasibility study that says that.

Argue with the architect who built Liverpool One.

Be careful what you wish for. Do you want us to become like West Ham?

Thomas would a renowned man of the people like yourself be so happy if Goodison wasnít Evertonís home but the location of a small supermarket looking to expand.  Just a small time ltd co. looking to be given planning permission to compulsory purchase nearby privately owned properties and demolish a local state run primary school? Displacing all those families and children just so a small time ltd co could have a few more parking spaces and one day hopefully turn themselves in a full on plc?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 21, 2017, 05:05:59 AM
Reply #2571

Thomas

Mate, this ground will redevelop a massively underused a derelict part of the city.

It's not in the city centre at all so I don't know why you're saying that?

The dock road has so much unfulfilled potential and needs something like this to kick start its renovation.

Where in north Liverpool would you rather put it?

Its a desolate land basically in/near the city centre. The clue is in the name (for me anyway) 'Dock Road'.

Meanwhile on Scotland Road and Everton (Where I volunteer in a youth club) and the Four Squares area (where my Mum is from) not enough is going on.

Like I said, no feasibility study has been done into remaining at Goodison despite a respected architect publishing plans that its possible.

December 21, 2017, 05:07:41 AM
Reply #2572

Jamokachi

You're a proper downer sometimes @Thomas , cheer the fuck up lad, c'mon.

December 21, 2017, 05:13:59 AM
Reply #2573

Thomas

There's a sort of old fashioned charm about this where the football team moves into the heart of the city instead of moving out. It's only really because the city of Liverpool is so behind in its development (in my opinion). It's made huge strides the last 10 years but not enough that it would make this move an impossibility.

The City Centre has made huge strides. Everywhere else has not. Classic Doughnut effect.

Meanwhile everywhere else (particularly in North Liverpool) has been ignored. During evenings you have to wait 1 hour for a bus and many areas dont have train links and high amounts of people on free schools meals, yet the council talks about what a modern, thriving city we are. If you want student accommodation or to pay top whack to live in a pad in town, sure. Otherwise, no.

But basically, our fans have gone all corporate. Lets move away from our home, support a majority shareholder who makes fools out of all of us (Net Spend + his finances) and will charge us even more for the benefit all because we listen to Everton Business Matters too much and want Everton to be a business more than a football team.

Everton belongs in Walton/Everton area, not Bramley Dock. End of story.

This stadium move is like an emotional spasm. Wanting too much, too quick. Its completely hollow. It actually hurts me nobody seems to give a shit about Goodison or has uttered a word, maybe apart from @TheRam about it being a tough ask to move from there.

Chelsea are rebuilding Stamford Bridge, Spurs are essentially moving/remodelling to next door, why cant we?

Nobody has answered why we cannot do this or have not investigated it, nobody.

December 21, 2017, 05:16:32 AM
Reply #2574

Thomas

You're a proper downer sometimes @Thomas , cheer the fuck up lad, c'mon.

Now you know how I feel. Leaving Goodison gets me down. As an Evertonian yourself you must be able to respect that.

For me it represents the rupture of my local club deserting itself from ordinary fans to become part of the usual band of clubs in big souless stadia that charge people top whack for the pleasure and dont give a shit about the fans.

Plus plenty of teams are now in the Championship with new stadia. Hull,Sunderland, Boro,Derby, the list goes on. I'd rather stay at Goodison and redevelop some of it and focus on getting results on the pitch and building a good side than this vanity exercise.

December 21, 2017, 05:16:45 AM
Reply #2575

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

December 21, 2017, 05:17:07 AM
Reply #2576

Bally

Administrator
Its a desolate land basically in/near the city centre. The clue is in the name (for me anyway) 'Dock Road'.

Meanwhile on Scotland Road and Everton (Where I volunteer in a youth club) and the Four Squares area (where my Mum is from) not enough is going on.

Like I said, no feasibility study has been done into remaining at Goodison despite a respected architect publishing plans that its possible.
There have been feasibility studies done in the past though, has something changed.
It's the roll I way

December 21, 2017, 05:19:06 AM
Reply #2577

Thomas

Thomas would a renowned man of the people like yourself be so happy if Goodison wasnít Evertonís home but the location of a small supermarket looking to expand.  Just a small time ltd co. looking to be given planning permission to compulsory purchase nearby privately owned properties and demolish a local state run primary school? Displacing all those families and children just so a small time ltd co could have a few more parking spaces and one day hopefully turn themselves in a full on plc?

I get your point mate as CPOs as you'd expect are not really part of my moral compass. However, only from anecdotal comments from residents (few family members living around there) some would be happy to take a fair offer of relocation.

Put it this way, its better than moving somewhere with literally no pubs, no transport links and as @Bally pointed out, very little else. Which essentially means where doing a Middlesborough, moving the middle of nowhere. Great idea.

December 21, 2017, 05:20:34 AM
Reply #2578

Bally

Administrator
I get your point mate as CPOs as you'd expect are not really part of my moral compass. However, only from anecdotal comments from residents (few family members living around there) some would be happy to take a fair offer of relocation.

Put it this way, its better than moving somewhere with literally no pubs, no transport links and as @Bally pointed out, very little else. Which essentially means where doing a Middlesborough, moving the middle of nowhere. Great idea.
Not in the middle of nowhere though is it, it's on the edge of the city centre, you're just being a fucking prick for the sake of it now.
It's the roll I way

December 21, 2017, 05:21:49 AM
Reply #2579

Thomas

There have been feasibility studies done in the past though, has something changed.
Show me/name me on, because I am unaware.

The reason one hasn't been done by the club is staying isn't profitable for them or nowhere near as much as moving because its harder to excuse whacking tickets up at our present ground than a new glossy one.

As I've said before I'dve half taken somewhere in Everton/Walton if sold as close to the pitch (I know there saying this but hey, West Ham said that so that means sod all) with a safe standing area (illegal under UK Law I know).