October 23, 2018, 07:08:54 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 312692 times)

July 28, 2018, 07:47:35 PM
Reply #60

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Just thinking, could the stall on funding,plans and capacity be related to recent rumours of moshes partner looking to sell his shares in Arsenal ?
If he was to sell I don’t think Bill would be obstructive with his shares.
It’s just a theory but if the Arsenal shares are sold it could change everything we have all believed to date.
If this is the case I think the new ground would move forward at a rapid pace, just think a ground well in excess of what was originally mooted sponsored by say BMW
I
Don't hold your breath on the Arsenal situation. Even if it happens and he takes an interest in Everton you are still talking months and I don't think anyone is going to hold up everything up for such a tenuous possibility.
Perhaps this needs a thread of its own about Usmanov but let's not forget that whilst it would be  nice to have a mega rich owner(s) and compete in the future he/they will go one day (he's 64 now) and the PL financial bubble will also burst one day. I wonder where that leaves us and the other 'rich' clubs in similar situations?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 28, 2018, 08:02:53 PM
Reply #61

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
So, you’re saying there’s no point getting Usmanov on board because he might be dead soon...?🤔 
No that's not what I'm saying.
The world moves on and football (not just Everton) is rolling in money to the point of it seeming almost obscene when you look at how much of the world has to live. It can't last and some thought has to be given to the longer term and how we survive when the money is less easily accessible.
We should know that more than most shouldn't we? We're all moaning about not winning anything for 20+ years and no longer being part of that small elite.
Once we were that elite but it doesn't last. Moores could buy any player we wanted once, and did, but it can't go on and we need to also be aware of what happens beyond BM Dock, a mega rich sugar daddy and TV money. Short term thinking only leads to problems
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 28, 2018, 08:25:10 PM
Reply #62

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Mate, hoping an obscenely rich investor/owner comes on board is not short-term thinking.
It doesn't guarantee the long term, it works as long as they are around and committed but after that there will be uncertainty. Looking back it was short to medium term with John Moores but where are we now?
Don't get me wrong I'm excited about the possibility of us reaching the next level via someone else's money but some thought has to be given to what happens after that. It's not just us ask the same questions about Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc when their financial muscle moves on.

July 28, 2018, 09:09:13 PM
Reply #63

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
But why do you assume it will end if the owner dies? Wouldn’t there be a will?

And even if it did end, wouldn’t it be beneficial while it lasted and put us in a different realm?
The only person to mention an owner dying is you!
The point is nothing lasts forever for all sorts of reasons. We were the richest club once. I was there I supported them, saw those players arrive and play, was there when we won trophies. It didn't last. With hindsight could life after John Moores have been better planned for whilst he was still around? I don't know but the point is Moshiri and Usmanov (or whoever) are probably around for 10 - 15 years. Shouldn't we also be aware of and discuss life beyond that? It may seem an eternity now but chances are a third of that time will be used up just reaching the next level never mind actually winning major trophies.
It would be beneficial to us fans while it lasted but then what? That needs to be talked about as well and these are issues for football as a whole not just us..

July 28, 2018, 09:52:11 PM
Reply #64

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
No, you mentioned him dying:

“Perhaps this needs a thread of its own about Usmanov but let's not forget that whilst it would be nice to have a mega rich owner(s) and compete in the future he/they will go one day (he's 64 now)”

Surely planning for the future will be easier if we have a rich owner NOW, who gets us a great stadium, provides us with a great team, and delivers trophies.

Then suddenly we are operating on a higher level, and so when they go (either through death or selling us on) we are then more attractive to other wealthy investors/owners in the future.
He doesn't have to leave just by popping his clogs!! People get older and get ill,  lose interest,  go bust,  don't have the time, family commitments etc etc.
It's very easy to just look at the here and now and what might be in the near future. That's one reason we all love football/Everton, it's escapism from everyday life. But I want that escapism to go on well into the future and that needs to be planned for. The one consistent factor within a football club is the fan base,  managers, players, officials and owners come and go. We are the heart and soul of the club but we are also the group with the least power and limited influence. In the PL today a club could financially survive in front of zero gate!
I just think we also need to temper the current excitement by remembering that the club''s future goes way beyond the next 20 or 30 years
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 09:53:16 PM by Shropshire Blue »

July 28, 2018, 10:26:51 PM
Reply #65

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I did say when the owner either dies or sells us on; do you only read selected parts of posts?

Surely you can acknowledge that by improving our present situation our future will have a much greater chance of being similarly rosey?
You mentioned him dying first not me! That doesn't matter though that's just how we read and respond to posts sometimes we get it wrong etc. My point isn't about how we read and respond to each other but that we (fans on the whole) need to look beyond the 'here and now owners and major shareholders' and what may happen down the line.
The club, to its credit, has tried hard to engage fans in the new ground but we also need to be heard on wider issues and that is where fans are vulnerable because few of us have the experience to understand financial issues and business dealings at this level.
If we question we will get answers and if we get answers they can then be scrutinised and if it adds up -fine. If it doesn't then that needs to be explored.
Hopefully you're right about being in a better position after Moshiri and Usmanov (if) but we also need to look around at the dozens of football clubs at all levels who welcomed owners who could take them onwards and upwards who lined their own pockets at the expense of those clubs or just basically screwed up. At the end of the day the biggest losers are the fans.
I'm optimistic about our future, just might take longer than I originally hoped, but I also look at the playing side of things starting with last summers transfer window and it sounds a note of caution in my mind

July 28, 2018, 10:56:35 PM
Reply #66

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
“Perhaps this needs a thread of its own about Usmanov but let's not forget that whilst it would be nice to have a mega rich owner(s) and compete in the future he/they will go one day (he's 64 now)”
I have just looked at that yet again and dying is not mentioned!!!!!! Perhaps someone else can check and see?
I presume you interpret 'going' as dying whereas the actual meaning of the word is leaving. At 64 years of age he will probably be leaving within 10 - 15 years. Maybe not or maybe he doesn't come at all. That would mean he couldn't 'go' which might further mean that if 'going' really means 'dying' he is immortal.  There's a tempting thought an immortal sugar daddy.
Lighten up. 😀

August 13, 2018, 11:32:16 PM
Reply #67

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Ffs Everton, I bet it takes months now to replace him as head of estates. It’s just one step forward one step back.*

*this is most definitely sarcasm. I didn’t even know we had a head of estates.
You may say it's a joke but presumably the transfer window for heads of estates won't open until the grass growing season ends in November?  Half a season of groundsmen struggling out of position until we get a head of estate who can dominate the pitch. Relying on Marcel to go out and find the right man again? Heard we're interested in a loan deal for a promising grass cutter from Barca.

August 14, 2018, 11:30:38 PM
Reply #68

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I've always wondered, why are they called STANDS when you can only SIT in them????
Been to an away game in recent years?!!!!