October 24, 2018, 08:15:54 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 312902 times)

December 21, 2017, 05:43:36 AM
Reply #2595

Bally

Administrator

Like I said, your attitude on this issue is typical of some of our fans. Its like an Overton Window. All's you do is get angry that your idealist idea of paradise in Bramley Moore MIGHT actually be the worst idea ever. Moving to a stadium without anything there, away from a stadium with all the infrastructure there already. Believe me I've been to stadiums like The Riverside/Reebok on desolate land with hardly anything there, they are no fun.

Nobody from the club has done a feasibility study into staying. Probably because moving suits them. At the moment I dont believe it suits fans. Its that simple. If me passionately believing that and sticking up for a stadium we call home makes me into a 'prick', sound.

The club has done feasibility studies they have done loads, I have just highlighted areas from one I found that shows why we can't stay at Goodison.
My attitude is not typical at all, I'm far from angry, why would you think that, you've fucking met me, are trying to be provocative?

I've been to stadiums too, big fucking deal you find a way, wasn't Wembley a shit tip before.... Oh wait bad example, we are moving to a place that will be getting infrastructure to provide a match experience that does not yet exist, the feasibility studies have been done, what would you say if I told you that people have seen the plans for the infrastructure in and around the ground, the regeneration of an area of North Liverpool that has been untouched for years, what would you say if I told you you only have to look around certain areas of Walton (where I fucking live) to see what Everton will be leaving behind for the community.

Staying is not cost effective whether you like it or not actually I'll go a little old school for you something I haven't done on here for years

WE ARE MOVING
Here's some Internet bricks [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
Build a wall and get the fuck over it.
It's the roll I way

December 21, 2017, 05:45:15 AM
Reply #2596

Thornton_19

I thought we were moving just to get away from Thomas tbh...

December 21, 2017, 05:46:42 AM
Reply #2597

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.teachers.org.uk/campaigns/freeschools

Mate, I know what Free schools are. As a member of the NUT I have see that link a number of times. It doesn't tell me anything about why you 'don't want to get started' on the Everton Free school.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 21, 2017, 05:47:30 AM
Reply #2598

Thomas

I thought we were moving just to get away from Thomas tbh...
Possibility, difficult for me to imagine watching Everton at Bramley Moore Dock. The whole idea and debate reminds me of Kirkby, and even that took us years to convince well-meaning Evertonians it was wrong in voting yes.

December 21, 2017, 05:48:41 AM
Reply #2599

Thomas

Mate, I know what Free schools are. As a member of the NUT I have see that link a number of times. It doesn't tell me anything about why you 'don't want to get started' on the Everton Free school.

Because its a Free School and not accountable to the people and does not teach (to my knowledge anyway) the National Curriculum (which is far from perfect mind although you will know more about that than me) or have national pay scales. Its basically stealth privatisation.

December 21, 2017, 05:54:52 AM
Reply #2600

Jamokachi

Like I said, your attitude on this issue is typical of some of our fans.

Stop acting like some high and might superfan, you're doing yourself no favours. You're being shouted down because you aren't offering any valid alternatives. Your issue stems from a wider "football is shit nowadays" attitudethat is evident in all your posts/threads. See the non-league thread where you advocate abandoning Everton for 'proper football'.

The fact of the matter is we have to move with the times, otherwise we become a museum. You may enjoy that because "well at least we kept the wooden seats".

Times change, deal with it.

December 21, 2017, 05:55:26 AM
Reply #2601

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Because its a Free School and not accountable to the people and does not teach (to my knowledge anyway) the National Curriculum (which is far from perfect mind although you will know more about that than me) or have national pay scales. Its basically stealth privatisation.

Well, while I'm not fully supportive of the way Free Schools and Academies have been implemented in certain places, there are positives attached to them which the Unions are afraid to tell the truth about. The pay one is always an interesting one. We don't have Free Schools or Acadamies in Wales, bit there are a number over the border in Bristol and those areas. Some of the academies over there have been head hunting teachers from Wales with far more competitive salaries than the National Pay Scale allow. As someone who was Privately educated these Free schools-Academies are nothing like that and will increase funding through other ways

December 21, 2017, 05:59:52 AM
Reply #2602

Thomas

Stop acting like some high and might superfan, you're doing yourself no favours. You're being shouted down because you aren't offering any valid alternatives. Your issue stems from a wider "football is shit nowadays" attitudethat is evident in all your posts/threads. See the non-league thread where you advocate abandoning Everton for 'proper football'.

The fact of the matter is we have to move with the times, otherwise we become a museum. You may enjoy that because "well at least we kept the wooden seats".

Times change, deal with it.

How is moving stadium going to help us on the field break the monopoly of us coming 7th, year on year? We are basically already being charged top dollar to watch the monotony/yoyo/merry go round of the Premier League, and yes before you say the SPFL is the same, I know this, but at least tickets for that aren't silly money.

I'm not a super fan or high and mighty, I'm just trying to tell some people what I feel fundamentally is the truth whilst they otherwise prefer to immerse themselves in the clothing of modern day, globalized and comercialized football which treats them like second class citiizens. I like watching Non League Football, so does @Shropshire Blue , so what? You dont. So what?

The valid alternative (which i already mentioned multiple times) outside the Overton Window which your enforcing as its peripherary doesn't favour your desperate desire to move to another stadium we wont fill and will price fans out of so we can become some world famous commercial brand rather than a football club, is to reject all that and redevelop Goodison as displayed in the Football Village and Skemtpon Plans.

But I get it, Evertonians think like businessman now instead of football supporters.

December 21, 2017, 06:02:02 AM
Reply #2603

Thomas

Well, while I'm not fully supportive of the way Free Schools and Academies have been implemented in certain places, there are positives attached to them which the Unions are afraid to tell the truth about. The pay one is always an interesting one. We don't have Free Schools or Acadamies in Wales, bit there are a number over the border in Bristol and those areas. Some of the academies over there have been head hunting teachers from Wales with far more competitive salaries than the National Pay Scale allow. As someone who was Privately educated these Free schools-Academies are nothing like that and will increase funding through other ways

Wales is a popular place for teachers to go teach (at least when i talk to NEU people, biased contingent like) precisely as there are no academies or free schools + there is a guard on every train :D

Anyway like I say i hope our fans can continue thinking and serving Everton as football supporters rather than aspiring businessman.

December 21, 2017, 06:07:53 AM
Reply #2604

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
How is moving stadium going to help us on the field break the monopoly of us coming 7th, year on year? We are basically already being charged top dollar to watch the monotony/yoyo/merry go round of the Premier League, and yes before you say the SPFL is the same, I know this, but at least tickets for that aren't silly money.

I'm not a super fan or high and mighty, I'm just trying to tell some people what I feel fundamentally is the truth whilst they otherwise prefer to immerse themselves in the clothing of modern day, globalized and comercialized football which treats them like second class citiizens. I like watching Non League Football, so does @Shropshire Blue , so what? You dont. So what?

The valid alternative (which i already mentioned multiple times) outside the Overton Window which your enforcing as its peripherary doesn't favour your desperate desire to move to another stadium we wont fill and will price fans out of so we can become some world famous commercial brand rather than a football club, is to reject all that and redevelop Goodison as displayed in the Football Village and Skemtpon Plans.

But I get it, Evertonians think like businessman now instead of football supporters.

Well added revenue from using the stadium for other events, sponsorship and advertising will bring in more money for a start.

December 21, 2017, 06:13:02 AM
Reply #2605

Thomas

Well added revenue from using the stadium for other events, sponsorship and advertising will bring in more money for a start.

Basel FC get to the CL 2nd Round here and there yet have a stadium of 38,000.

Celtic have a stadium of 60,000 and probably a slightly bigger budget and dont get anywhere near where Basel FC do.

Big stadiums for me personally anyway are not the key to financial or football success.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Basel

December 21, 2017, 06:13:41 AM
Reply #2606

Gash

Global Moderator

Yes they are. 27 for a restricted view at Parkhead rising to 35 for a decent seat is very much silly money to watch that quality of football.

Anyway, can you stop these constant references to Celtic and the SPFL, this is an Everton forum, there's an SPFL thread on the General Football forum if you want to talk about them there. Cheers.

December 21, 2017, 06:15:18 AM
Reply #2607

Thomas

Yes they are. 27 for a restricted view at Parkhead rising to 35 for a decent seat is very much silly money to watch that quality of football.

Anyway, can you stop these constant references to Celtic and the SPFL, this is an Everton forum, there's an SPFL thread on the General Football forum if you want to talk about them there. Cheers.

I was saying that the EPL is not the only perpetually monopolized league. That alright by you? Being a grouch, as usual.

December 21, 2017, 06:20:27 AM
Reply #2608

Jamokachi

See this. This right here. This is you being high and mighty. Reign it in, do yourself a favour.

December 21, 2017, 06:23:16 AM
Reply #2609

Thomas

See this. This right here. This is you being high and mighty. Reign it in, do yourself a favour.

But what you wrote is being more like a fan than a businessman though, isn't it?

So its not high and might, its just fact, isn't it?