October 23, 2018, 02:41:32 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 312425 times)

December 21, 2017, 06:26:39 AM
Reply #2610

Jamokachi

But what you wrote is being more like a fan than a businessman though, isn't it?

So its not high and might, its just fact, isn't it?

Wanting the team to win things and challenge at the top end of the league, because I accept how football has changed over the past couple of generations. That's not acting like a businessman, that's being realistic. Where the hell is romanticism going to get us?

December 21, 2017, 06:32:33 AM
Reply #2611

Thomas

Wanting the team to win things and challenge at the top end of the league, because I accept how football has changed over the past couple of generations. That's not acting like a businessman, that's being realistic. Where the hell is romanticism going to get us?

We both want the club to be challenging sure, so perhaps we have a different belief on how we get there and what's the best way to do it. The trouble is the teams who are challenging all redeveloped or are redeveloping. Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool. Arsenal fell away after moving to a stadium that having been to both does not beat Highbury in there own supporters or my own eyes. That leaves Man City, who cant even fill their stadium although tbf a lot of good stuff has been built around the place but there owner uses that club as a hobby rather than a business.

Having said that me thinking differently to you doesn't make me into some self righteous superfan or Bally's idea of a sanctimonious prick

December 21, 2017, 06:35:14 AM
Reply #2612

Jamokachi

Having said that me thinking differently to you doesn't make me into some self righteous superfan or Bally's idea of a sanctimonious prick

No, but belittling other fans opinions and tarring them all with the same brush does.

December 21, 2017, 06:39:00 AM
Reply #2613

Thomas

No, but belittling other fans opinions and tarring them all with the same brush does.
That is in your own head. You telling me to 'fuck off' like some petulant child definetly is not imagined in my own head. Nor is the fact you cant dispute the only top 6 club leaving their ground or who have done it is Man City who tbf are winning the league but cannot fill their stadium. So how do we go up the league in a stadium remiscent to The Reebok/Riverside?

December 21, 2017, 06:39:58 AM
Reply #2614

Thomas

I love how the abuse I get on here which is totally unnecessary is ignored by @Gash yet one complaint from @Jamokachi and he is sympathetically on it like a rash.

December 21, 2017, 07:02:13 AM
Reply #2615

cantoffee

That is in your own head. You telling me to 'fuck off' like some petulant child definetly is not imagined in my own head. Nor is the fact you cant dispute the only top 6 club leaving their ground or who have done it is Man City who tbf are winning the league but cannot fill their stadium. So how do we go up the league in a stadium remiscent to The Reebok/Riverside?
Nowhere did Jamo tell you to fuck off. He has engaged with you perfectly fine. No need to moan about it because many others would have got fed up by now.

December 21, 2017, 07:05:27 AM
Reply #2616

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Nowhere did Jamo tell you to fuck off. He has engaged with you perfectly fine. No need to moan about it because many others would have got fed up by now.

It was in the Europa league thread. But to me it come across a 'fuck off' as in a "Don't talk nonsense way" rather than anything aggressive.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 21, 2017, 07:09:20 AM
Reply #2617

Thomas

This is a  reference to another thread Can. European qualification thread.

December 21, 2017, 07:10:29 AM
Reply #2618

Jamokachi

Nowt petulant with telling someone to fuck off once in a while.

Arsenal have won the FA Cup a few times since their move, as well as pretty much constantly being a top 4 fixture. That's not bad. We've been over Utd, they redeveloped having the benefit of Old Trafford being on waste ground. Liverpool will need to continue the redevelopment of Anfield to continue to challenge on a financial front. They didn't build (after being granted planning permission) because they couldn't afford it, no other reason. Spurs have the benefit of having land available nearby in which to move to (it is a move, not a redevelopment, let's be honest). Chelsea again have the area in which to redevelop. The cost of Spurs' and Chelsea's (the latter being a projected 1billion (American)) shouldn't be ignored either.

Why are you convinced we'll do a Bolton/Sunderland etc? As you say, City moved and are on the cusp of another title. Why not use that as the example rather than glossing over it?

December 21, 2017, 11:48:22 AM
Reply #2619

BlueBeagle

I love how the abuse I get on here which is totally unnecessary is ignored by @Gash yet one complaint from @Jamokachi and he is sympathetically on it like a rash.

The strings on that violin need changing.

You slag the vast majority of Evertonians off (or just make nonsense up about them and trot it out as fact) with the vast majority of your posts and then go crying about how people interact with you negatively.

December 21, 2017, 12:45:33 PM
Reply #2620

blue1948

As said here, we have been down there it's far from fucking gentrified if anything it's close to derelict, fucking gentrified my arse.
You really do have a gift for words

December 21, 2017, 01:11:51 PM
Reply #2621

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Basel FC get to the CL 2nd Round here and there yet have a stadium of 38,000.

Celtic have a stadium of 60,000 and probably a slightly bigger budget and dont get anywhere near where Basel FC do.

Big stadiums for me personally anyway are not the key to financial or football success.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Basel

Basel? Are you comparing that league to the competitiveness of the Prem? Come on now
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 21, 2017, 02:10:13 PM
Reply #2622

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The dock road is a mess, and our atmosphere is already shite, and finally you actually need success to attract wealthy new tourist fans, itís the price of success.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 21, 2017, 02:40:34 PM
Reply #2623

Cereal Killer

I got excited seeing 5 pages of new chat on the stadium.... how disappointing to find it's all the same whingy bullshit we seem to get every month  :wanker:

Yes you're not keen on leaving Goodison, we get it

December 21, 2017, 02:49:02 PM
Reply #2624

Bob Sacamano