October 17, 2018, 03:04:24 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 310590 times)

December 21, 2017, 11:36:09 PM
Reply #2655

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Can we not just pay the architect to design it and fuck off any fan input?
Leaving it to experts is a bit radical isn't it? Next you'll be suggesting that team selection, transfers and tactics are left totally with managers and coaching staff.
You trying to put forums out of business?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

December 21, 2017, 11:45:52 PM
Reply #2656

sirblue57

Has anyone got any idea when we can expect some kind of image? I'm fucking fed up waiting  :hmph:
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

December 21, 2017, 11:47:59 PM
Reply #2657

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Has anyone got any idea when we can expect some kind of image? I'm fucking fed up waiting  :hmph:

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 22, 2017, 12:07:51 AM
Reply #2658

Simon Paul

Administrator
I think fan engagement is vital on a new stadium that will last us 50 years or so, so outlive most of us on here.

We're not going to be telling them to increase the leg room by a centimetre on each knee, but telling them whether or not the stadium looks like it will meet our expectations or not is important.

Suggesting small things that people at the club won't have thought of because they've either never experienced matchday from a supporter's point of view, or the current stadium and expectations from fans have changed dramatically since they last went in the Boy's Pen.

I don't have much faith in any kind of non-Everton focus group either - the kind of thing the FSF would put together about the whole Premier League fan base - and nor do I have, and I'm sorry @Bally and everyone else on it, but I don't have too much faith in the Fans' Forum.  Not because of accusations of being "yes men" or whatever for the club, because I know Bally and have spoken to other members enough to know that's not the case.  I do, however, feel that there are times when the club use the Fans Forum as a way of saying "Yeah we spoke to the fans and they loved it" (the old badge being the biggest example) and that there are people within the club who see the FF as a way of saying "yeah we did do consultation" without rolling it out properly.

Every time the club has moved - or got to a stage where they could put forward plans - there has been a vote given to supporters, except this time.  I would expect the result to have been overwhelmingly in favour, so there's no need for a vote on the location, but I do think there has been a huge gap between club and fans on the current plans to move.  Maybe the GM will throw up more interaction, but that's unlikely given the fact that they are treated more as a way of giving presentations to the shareholders than being an actual meeting where real questions can be asked / addressed.

December 22, 2017, 12:25:44 AM
Reply #2659

sirblue57

I don't want to know what you get up to in your own time, but thanks for the smile.
 :whistle:
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

December 22, 2017, 12:31:05 AM
Reply #2660

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
By diverting the question, he could have just said no it isn't or ignored it totally

I wouldn't take that as any confirmation.

December 22, 2017, 12:51:27 AM
Reply #2661

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 22, 2017, 12:58:15 AM
Reply #2662

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I think fan engagement is vital on a new stadium that will last us 50 years or so, so outlive most of us on here.

We're not going to be telling them to increase the leg room by a centimetre on each knee, but telling them whether or not the stadium looks like it will meet our expectations or not is important.

Suggesting small things that people at the club won't have thought of because they've either never experienced matchday from a supporter's point of view, or the current stadium and expectations from fans have changed dramatically since they last went in the Boy's Pen.

I don't have much faith in any kind of non-Everton focus group either - the kind of thing the FSF would put together about the whole Premier League fan base - and nor do I have, and I'm sorry @Bally and everyone else on it, but I don't have too much faith in the Fans' Forum.  Not because of accusations of being "yes men" or whatever for the club, because I know Bally and have spoken to other members enough to know that's not the case.  I do, however, feel that there are times when the club use the Fans Forum as a way of saying "Yeah we spoke to the fans and they loved it" (the old badge being the biggest example) and that there are people within the club who see the FF as a way of saying "yeah we did do consultation" without rolling it out properly.

Every time the club has moved - or got to a stage where they could put forward plans - there has been a vote given to supporters, except this time.  I would expect the result to have been overwhelmingly in favour, so there's no need for a vote on the location, but I do think there has been a huge gap between club and fans on the current plans to move.  Maybe the GM will throw up more interaction, but that's unlikely given the fact that they are treated more as a way of giving presentations to the shareholders than being an actual meeting where real questions can be asked / addressed.
I think we having to adapt to a new world where the gap between 'business necessities' and fans 'needs' is widening. There's been moaning on here for years about the club's attitude to fans but having experience elsewhere I feel it is as good as any and better than most. I think the change is inevitable if we are serious about competing at a higher level, however, that doesn't mean fans views should not still be actively researched and listened to. Some of the things I would like to see are incredibly trivial in the wider scheme of things but it would help me to embrace the new dawn because it would be meaningful to me.
When 1874 Northwich was rising from the ashes of the disaster that was Northwich Victoria fans were included as far as possible. 4 years on it is now so obvious that it was the 'trivia' that was important (design of kit, name, choosing Birtwistle pies etc etc!! Because on a Saturday that is what the fan experiences. That acknowledgement of the fans wants has produced an incredibly loyal and enthusiastic fan base. It may be at a totally different  level to Everton but the principle remains the same.
Ask 40,000 Evertonians on Saturday what Goodison means to them and you will get 40,000 different answers but the club can and should explore those feelings, find trends and similarities and incorporate as much as possible into BM.
When '1874' left Northwich Victoria they left behind so many negatives but what we have taken with us is the soul of the club. Everton need to carefully move the soul of Goodison to the docks.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

December 22, 2017, 01:34:21 AM
Reply #2663

Alanvideo

I had a call from EFC today .I guess they are calling STH's and/or shareholders .The question was ' have you any comment on the matchday experience at Goodison '. The only thing I could think of was the crap view from my 'unobstructed view 'seat which is actually worse than the 'obstructed view ' seats we used to have.
Another question was ' will I renew next season '?  Well ,yes without a doubt ,because it makes financial sense to buy a season ticket. Someone will call me to discuss moving to a better seat.
Got me thinking there's not much I don't like about Goodison. Our routine is to park by The Albany ,walk to the EITC building for a brew ,call in St.Lukes ,do a circuit of the ground and go to our seats.
That's fine for me but to attract the next generation of fans ,we need a new stadium ,better catering and retail facilities and a clear view from every seat. Sorry Thomas , I love Goodison but it's time to move on.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 22, 2017, 03:28:14 AM
Reply #2664

Bally

Administrator
Can we not just pay the architect to design it and fuck off any fan input?
The fans consultation is part of what will make it unique, they will start in the new year
It's the roll I way

December 22, 2017, 03:54:11 AM
Reply #2665

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
The fans consultation is part of what will make it unique, they will start in the new year

I suppose I just have bad memories of the badge.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 22, 2017, 04:21:23 AM
Reply #2666

Ramjam

Has Jeff from West Derby had his say yet? It's extremely important to know what a RS supporter doesn't want, that way we can be sure to do the opposite, two birds with one stone and all.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 22, 2017, 05:04:41 AM
Reply #2667

School of Science

Has Jeff from West Derby had his say yet? It's extremely important to know what a RS supporter doesn't want, that way we can be sure to do the opposite, two birds with one stone and all.

Yes I heard Jeff from West Derby, would like an Anchor on the stadium.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 22, 2017, 05:22:47 AM
Reply #2668

Bally

Administrator
I suppose I just have bad memories of the badge.
Fully different animal now
It's the roll I way

December 22, 2017, 05:53:32 AM
Reply #2669

ally2

One day we'll have a classy minimalist badge, and it's image will glisten across the waters.