August 16, 2018, 08:36:39 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 288381 times)

January 10, 2018, 04:19:46 PM
Reply #2805

Bingham Boy

Kenwright confirms new stadium will cost at least 500 million

Or 11 Sigurdsson's.

January 10, 2018, 04:37:35 PM
Reply #2806

Jamokachi

If it takes them more than three months, threaten to move

Which is the exact timeframe in which we do move anyway ha!

January 10, 2018, 07:34:30 PM
Reply #2807

Macca77

https://twitter.com/bbcmerseyside/status/951063299826896896

Redshites are going fucking beserk now, heads falling off all over the place, people are homeless etc... they seem to forget that they kicked loads of people out of their homes and demolished a load of houses to build their new shed

January 10, 2018, 09:14:42 PM
Reply #2808

D15TIN

Fair enough, you could replace all of those things listed with things his predecessors have done imo? Although I'm unsure if getting koeman in/out, getting Allardyce in or Walsh are achievements or failures? Likewise is it good for Everton that we now have stack loads of average players on 100k plus or the relevance of the liver building?
The real positive is the stadium, if it comes off, which I'm sure it will, but I don't really see him putting his money where his mouth is when he goes on about us challenging at the top, as he hasn't.
Don't get me wrong the positives he has bought to the club far out weigh the negatives, I think it's more about my expectations when he took over and imo we've got about as much chance of wining anything now as we did under Kenwright, which is what really counts for me
'the average players on 100k plus' moshiri can hardly be blamed for that - he's not the one identifying the players to sign - he's the one willing to pay the wages, so he's done his bit.

January 10, 2018, 09:47:05 PM
Reply #2809

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
How long would it take any club outside the top few to build a team capable of challenging for the league? Make allowances for raising the money, developing commercial activities and developing/building grounds etc.
Come to a reasonably broad concensus for that and it gives us a realistic date when we can judge if it has succeeded or failed.
If anyone quotes Leicester also make allowances that events like that happen approximately twice a century.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 10, 2018, 09:47:58 PM
Reply #2810

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
How long would it take any club outside the top few to build a team capable of challenging for the league? Make allowances for raising the money, developing commercial activities and developing/building grounds etc.
Come to a reasonably broad concensus for that and it gives us a realistic date when we can judge if it has succeeded or failed.
If anyone quotes Leicester also make allowances that events like that happen approximately twice a century.

30 years ago? 2 years
Today? twice a century

January 11, 2018, 01:05:59 AM
Reply #2811

Macca77

January 11, 2018, 01:49:56 AM
Reply #2812

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Fucking Like :) Post of the Month Macca!  :cheers:

Our new stadium is going to be fucking ace. The whole area around it, to the ferries, past the Blue Liverbirds to the Albert Dock, it will be like an extension of the club - proper pedestrianised cosmopolitan area with loads of things to do, places to eat, drink, etc. with loads of transport links. Unlike that shitty red cowshed up the road...

By god we are overdue something good happening.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:56:54 AM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

January 11, 2018, 03:41:26 AM
Reply #2813

eugene

Leaked photos,made up pictures even bloody Lego models I want to see them all Iím just soooooo exited about our new ground come on letís see what youíve all found

January 11, 2018, 03:43:54 AM
Reply #2814

sirblue57

Leaked photos,made up pictures even bloody Lego models I want to see them all Iím just soooooo exited about our new ground come on letís see what youíve all found

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:^::
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 11, 2018, 03:51:15 AM
Reply #2815

gizzblue

Sorry that was the blueprint for the shites new stand .

January 11, 2018, 04:00:09 AM
Reply #2816

boothill

Great video going around whatsapp, mayor joe calling them kopite cunts and to keep paying their council tax

January 11, 2018, 04:43:35 AM
Reply #2817

Jamokachi

"going around on WhatsApp"

January 11, 2018, 11:11:23 AM
Reply #2818

KingOfNapaValley

Kenwright confirms new stadium will cost at least 500 million

Anyone who believes this needs their head examined. One only need look at Tottenham to see what the real cost would be. Theirs is exceeding £1B and was originally quoted as £400M.

Expect much the same here. If we only spend £500M, we might have a stadium that would have done just fine... in 1999.

January 11, 2018, 12:57:39 PM
Reply #2819

Waltzer

'the average players on 100k plus' moshiri can hardly be blamed for that - he's not the one identifying the players to sign - he's the one willing to pay the wages, so he's done his bit.

I appreciate that, but it was in response to a list of 'good things' Moshiri has done since arriving. As the captain of the ship I was questioning is that a 'good thing' to allow that to happen? I get that others identify players etc, but it might be more prudent to have some kind of structure within the club and not have some first teamers on a fraction of what players who cant even get in the squad are on?