July 19, 2019, 08:47:51 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 422376 times)

May 30, 2019, 06:33:04 PM
Reply #210

Simon Paul

Administrator
I think Dan the man has really taken to the club and fans ,you can hear it in his voice .We had one of the best stadiums in the 60's but we have to realise that we will not this time , life is what it is and we all dream of winning the lottery but few do .I hope the fans who go (I live abroad now and never go back to the UK) can just appreciate what we get .No I am not saying it will be shit but it won't be the Etihad either nor the New White Hart lane .Enough to say it will be special because those driving it have their hearts and souls in it .
I think we will get a good stadium but I can live without the architect (who will lead a team, he ain't doing this solo is he) being pawed over and doing all kinds of PR shite

Just give us the drawings you have clearly already done and let us build it lad

May 30, 2019, 11:01:16 PM
Reply #211

Simon Paul

Administrator
It doesn't work like that though, the architect needs to be involved throughout the construction period, signing off working drawings at every stage up to completion certificate. Anyway, any PR that associates one of the worlds leading Stadium designers with Everton FC. Can't be a bad thing can it ?
It feels a bit staged to be honest.

I have no doubt he will deliver a stadium we will love, but it's just all a bit... cringe. Not this specific thing as he's being interviewed about the stadiums he is involved in, but he fucking loves Twitter (as his "likes" from last year when he was staying in the titanic will testify to) and has a bit of an ego.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think I'd like him if I met him, but that I respect his work. So I'd like to see more of his work and less of him.

June 22, 2019, 11:47:37 PM
Reply #212

Simon Paul

Administrator
There's no set plan but there is a legacy committee planned (may actually exist now) who will deal with it all and ensure L4 gets value, not just Everton get the highest price

Thinking there will be a mix of business, residential and community use but no idea in what percentages

Would actually be good if Everton in the Community looked into a dementia community there as they already do great work with people living with dementia and could extend that.

July 02, 2019, 06:24:32 PM
Reply #213

Simon Paul

Administrator
...............the club have got this covered but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere  . A Certificate of Immunity (from listing ) was issued in March this year.
I dare say some of the Leitch ironwork could be retained for use in a new build at Goodison or BMD.
https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1462465
Sunderland and Rangers have plenty of Leitch iron work. Rangers remains in situ and Sunderland have dotted theirs around the city

Villa Park still has plenty around and his work at Highbury was preserved once Arsenal moved out.

It feels very special to us, because its ours, but the Leitch work is well preserved elsewhere so outside of Everton I doubt many others will care. Obviously it'll be preserved, because it should be, but I think we will have some freedom over how it is done.

July 03, 2019, 01:50:51 AM
Reply #214

Simon Paul

Administrator
I don't want any of the leitch work at the new ground, I want a nod to it somewhere and that's it. I want shiny and new

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Sunderland just have a section of it in the car park at The Stadium of Light.

July 12, 2019, 01:26:37 AM
Reply #215

Simon Paul

Administrator
Just looking through Meis's tweets that he's liked...

Ahem

July 12, 2019, 01:56:45 AM
Reply #216

Simon Paul

Administrator
Is he still liking the random middle aged women pictures?
Middle aged might be unkind. Might.

July 12, 2019, 03:00:03 AM
Reply #217

Simon Paul

Administrator

July 16, 2019, 03:25:20 AM
Reply #219

Simon Paul

Administrator
talking about the big one tier stand I think, could be an interesting design

think it could be an interesting rake to it

like a shallow rake at the front, and then a really steep one at the back?

July 17, 2019, 04:38:16 PM
Reply #220

Simon Paul

Administrator
from Twitter..........
Italian food giant Fratelli Beretta and multi-national company USM Holdings have expanded their commercial partnership contracts with #EFC.

Not sure what we get from Beretta but the USM/Megafon link could be interesting
Sleeve sponsors on training gear isn't it?

Beretta will sponsor the academy