August 22, 2019, 04:51:21 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 449194 times)

December 21, 2018, 12:55:55 AM
Reply #90

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Who cares what other clubs capacity's are, it's not a competition to see who can have the biggest stadium? You only need to look at Arsenal and Man City as prime examples of successful big clubs that look awful on a matchday when there's thousands of empty seats. We could build 100k seater stadium, there's not point if it's only going to be half full.

The club haven't just picked a number our of thin air, they'll have done proper research into it, gathered lots of data and looked into how much other clubs get an increase when they move, whether there's a spike and then a drop off after it. They're not just going to build a bigger stadium just because some blokes on the internet wanted more seats so that we're as big as other stadiums. Affordability will have come into it too, build a state of the art 52k stadium on budget or build a 62k stadium, end up going over budget and have to cut corners and then affecting our spending on the pitch. Spurs, the apparent benchmark club financially have gone over budget, had to borrow more and are now 4 months late in getting into their stadium and no date yet to start using it and have rarely hit 60k at Wembley even before a capacity limit was set.

There's no point quoting other clubs capacity when most of the clubs with bigger stadiums have been successful recently and still can't fill them.

This exactly.  I'd rather a number that was right for us and didnt compromise on the design than be arsed having 50 more seats than liverpool or newcastle.

December 21, 2018, 11:46:55 AM
Reply #91

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
You brought turnover up not me hence the reference to Bale, not a great leap to make really. I said we were pretty much on par with Spurs around the time they decided to think big and are seemingly crossing the divide to the top clubs. I said we need to do something similar and by not being ambitious enough well never break through actually.

There’s actually many comparison between where we are now and where Spurs where at the same point. Be it attendance figures, finances and positions in the the league. They’ve been brave at a time we’re being timid that’s the biggest difference.

Would it be 'brave' for us to look to bridge that gap by charging £1000+ for a season ticket like Spurs do?  Surely us only charging £450 is us fearing ambition because if we believed in ourselves then our stand would pay.

If 52k was the max then it would lack ambition.  52k with plans and designs in place to increase to 62k 'if demand requires it' isn't small time at all, it's just being smart.

February 15, 2019, 01:17:33 AM
Reply #92

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

February 15, 2019, 02:07:40 AM
Reply #93

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:09:02 AM by Goaljira »

February 15, 2019, 02:08:23 AM
Reply #94

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Kitbag don’t exist anymore do they? Thought they were bought out by Fanatics

So, we've renewed the Kitbag deal that was taken over by Fanatics a couple of years ago on undisclosed terms.  Awesome.

July 12, 2019, 01:31:23 AM
Reply #95

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Just looking through Meis's tweets that he's liked...

Ahem

Is he still liking the random middle aged women pictures?

July 22, 2019, 05:12:49 PM
Reply #96

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
... If stadium moved?

Yeah, incase we want to float it down the river closer to the centre or anything.

July 22, 2019, 06:47:18 PM
Reply #97

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Pitch to run along the North / South axis

Exec seating in West Stand with view of the river on the opposite end of the room to the pitch.

3/4 of the Dock filled in, with work to preserve the walls so that they can be dug up if stadium moved

Nelson Dock clock site not included in stadium plans

Does the west stand exec boxes having a view of the river suggest that there won't be a car park in the way like the plans the other month showed?

July 23, 2019, 02:12:05 AM
Reply #98

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
That People's Project video gave me goosebumps.

July 26, 2019, 02:05:58 AM
Reply #99

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I think it looks great.  As above, just need to sort the Everton font!

July 28, 2019, 02:25:56 PM
Reply #100

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
How do you get to the car psrk?

July 28, 2019, 02:53:36 PM
Reply #101

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone tried the app yet?

Yeah, its pretty cool.  Upper tiers don't feel that far away from the pitch.