December 12, 2018, 10:48:12 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 337196 times)

June 10, 2018, 12:00:42 AM
Reply #195

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/stunning-designs-what-evertons-bramley-14756112.amp?__twitter_impression=true

We were the project for a pretty high profile architecture competition.
Top 3 proposals are in the article.

June 20, 2018, 12:58:59 AM
Reply #196

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely no progress on this still I see.

Haha, in the 11 days since you last checked.

There'll be no news now till this new guy is hired.

June 20, 2018, 02:41:59 PM
Reply #197

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Whats this all about then, surely there's not enough room for our ground and this as well?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44538355

It was answered only 12 posts above your own.

July 18, 2018, 02:44:20 PM
Reply #198

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
He was so chonged he forgot his old password i believe.

July 24, 2018, 03:15:07 PM
Reply #199

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
"and the naming rights and all of those things will belong to us"

July 24, 2018, 03:54:32 PM
Reply #200

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
...................yes in the event of EFC defaulting on the loan . But wouldn't any other loan provider have an equal or part claim ?

yeah, fair enough - i didn't consider it in terms of collateral, just in the literal terms of what he said.
But i reckon you're right there.

July 25, 2018, 04:00:03 PM
Reply #201

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
The site is limited as to what it can fit as well frmo all accounts. Listening to the last time i heard Meis talking about it, i got the distinct impression that we don't have the budget to do what would be needed to get it to 60k+ (because it would involve genuine, cutting edge procedures.)

July 25, 2018, 05:14:38 PM
Reply #202

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
From the Echo so you don't have to battle with the site (so apologies for any rubbish formatting/random speech marks/spelling as i haven't proof-read it):

Politician claims people of Liverpool 'do not like' council's Everton stadium plan

A prominent Liverpool politician has claimed that the people of the city 'do not like' a deal that will see the city council loan Everton hundreds of millions of pounds for a new stadium.

Liberal Democrat leader Cllr Richard Kemp has demanded that the city council holds a full debate on the authority's involvement in any stadium deal before the plans proceed.

It comes after Mayor Anderson described the proposal as a 'no lose situation' - arguing that the council and the city's residents will benefit more than Everton from the deal.

Speaking to DJ Pete Price, Mayor Anderson said people 'should be delighted' at the idea - because it will bring in £7m a year in profit for the council as well as around £1.4m in business rates.

The Mayor also said the loan - which would come from the government's Public Works Loan Board - would be "securitised", meaning that the council would not be at risk if the club found itself in adverse circumstances.

But Cllr Kemp, who has been a long-term critic of the plan, believes the majority of the city's taxpayers are not happy with the deal in its current form

He said: "In response to an e-mail from Mayor Anderson in early April I wrote to him on behalf of the Liberal Democrat Group. I set out three principles that we would need to agree before we could get involved in the scrutiny of the deal:

"1, that the Council should fully debate both the principle of having such a big involvement in a private sector company and debate the amount of borrowing that it would be wise for a council to have.

"2, that the scrutiny should review all aspects of the deal including all the infrastructure costs which would need to be paid for by the public sector outside the immediate environs of the ground itself. Letís not forget that the physical infrastructure of the docks was last looked at more than 170 years ago.

"Thirdly there would need to be as full a disclosure of the facts to the people of Liverpool as possible."

He added: "At the moment the people of Liverpool do not like this deal. We must debate these issues clearly and publicly in Council. Currently we have not even had a reply to this letter from the Mayor."

Cllr Kemp is not the only one asking for a meeting and a debate about the council's stadium plan.

Two of Liverpool's Constituency Labour Parties - West Derby and Walton - has passed motions calling for a city-wide meeting about the plan.

And the Jeremy Corbyn-loyal group Momentum also recently met to raise 'serious questions' about the council's involvement.

But Mayor Anderson has remained resolute in his assertion that the proposal will hugely benefit the cash-strapped council at a time when government cuts have forced them to make their own money via an 'Invest to Earn' policy.

He said: "It doesn't affect our borrowing, it doesn't affect what we spend on Adult Social Care or any other service we provide - we don't pay the loan back.

"In addition to that, the stadium business rates that they pay to the city council is £1.4m, so we will get £7m and £1.4m business rates every year."

He added: "It is a massive opportunity to accelerate growth in the area which brings in thousands of jobs and opportunities for new businesses - it is quite simply a no lose situation."

July 26, 2018, 04:44:24 AM
Reply #203

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Never mind the fact the actual last dozen or so seats are variable and change depending on the competition/opponents

July 26, 2018, 05:07:41 AM
Reply #204

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Why is this even a thing?

God Ram, it's the year we were founded. Fucking hell....

July 26, 2018, 05:39:11 AM
Reply #205

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think we'll actually fill a 55k stadium after the first 2 years.
Without becoming genuinely successful/challenging.

And this is the point. We'll have 2-3k empty seats on a 55k after the new-stadium bounce.
Fuck it being 7-12k

September 12, 2018, 06:55:30 PM
Reply #206

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder if by funding, he means the deal with the council?

Anderson came out and said the club are looking elsewhere now.
Doesn't mean we wont return to the council, but it seems it is no longer our 'plan a'

September 12, 2018, 07:56:08 PM
Reply #207

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Bit of both to be honest @brap2 .

First and foremost, the £280m loan from central government via local government was only ever going to cover 50% (at best) of the cost. So we were already out and about looking for the rest.

You can read Andersons comments one of two ways:

1) Everton are negotiating hard ball with the council and are using this to gain lenciency/free-passes somewhere else in the relationship. (e.g. planning permissions).
2) Whilst looking elsewhere for the rest of the funding, we have found out it is a more attractive proposition tan first thought and we can do it at a reasonable cost without the council and the associated delays all the nobheads will make the council endure.

First option definitely has the air of "ring-fenced money".
The second option would go someway to explain why we are a few months behind where I would expect though.

September 12, 2018, 08:01:34 PM
Reply #208

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, i have no doubt we are in the final stages of sorting out the funding.
I am also in no doubt that any serious business man wouldn't be telling the national media that.

December 06, 2018, 03:57:44 PM
Reply #209

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
You can't be on the waiting list for a season ticket without being an Evertonia member now. I got 2 tickets from my membership in 2 years. But i got offered a season ticket this year.
I was hoping it would have taken another year as couldn't really afford it. But i want to make sure i get to go to the games in Goodisons last season and there will be fuck all chance of getting near the place for the actual last game.

Ditto the first season in the new place. I imagine game #1 will be a massive sell out regardless of capacity and the following season or 3 will be difficult to get tickets.

So took the plunge and found the dough to make sure it's my decision.