January 27, 2020, 07:39:46 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 505917 times)

December 26, 2019, 03:19:49 PM
Reply #135

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
..................the dock has to be filled and compacted to provide a base to build on but it won't be entirely concrete.  Probably a similar method to the submarine hall at Barrow shipyard which was built on an infilled dock . Millions of tons of fill and then a concrete raft .
I read somewhere the actual dock walls have to be protected but I don't know in what way. No doubt somebody on here will know more about it.

Iím not an engineer but I would imagine that the internal walls of the dock Wouk did have to be tanked ?
Itís fantastic that this project will provide jobs for hundreds of construction workers for the duration of the project, letís keep the money in the country and use British construction companies.

December 26, 2019, 03:29:00 PM
Reply #136

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not arsed about British, but would like to see as much local labour used as possible.

Yeah, meant both.

December 27, 2019, 09:35:05 PM
Reply #137

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Someone told me the other day that once this has all gone through then Usmanov is going to officially come on board. Not sure why it's after application has been completed like.

Makes sense though- he's been involved in the recruitment of Ancelotti, got his name all over the training ground plus we've been throwing money hand over fist at transfers,etc. So I'm assuming he's lurking in the background

Once planning is approved the value of the site can quadruple, might be a reason ?

December 27, 2019, 10:42:34 PM
Reply #138

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Has it been mentioned yet what the expected cost of construction will be?

Think I read £500 million.