October 20, 2019, 11:10:09 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473541 times)

June 29, 2019, 03:36:58 PM
Reply #120

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The question I want to ask is - who is it preserved for if nobody sees it?

If nobody sees it, visits it or even knows it's there, then it isn't a preserved heritage site - it's just a no-go zone.

Itís just a hole in the ground ! City tourism to Liverpool is driven by many factors, musical heritage and scene, youthful image, football, art, university, major events, accessibility and infrastructure but definitely not by a hole in the ground.

June 30, 2019, 04:34:09 AM
Reply #121

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
One of the few Tories I like

And currently one of their most scathing critics.

July 03, 2019, 10:07:15 AM
Reply #122

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's silly but it will make me feel a lot better if the new ground has iron work in and around it. I don't want it too polished.

Some poet once said goodison was like being inside the belly of a pirate ship, creaking wood and groaning iron and all that.. I know it will be hard to keep that feeling but where possible I hope we can.

Yeah, maybe we could scatter a few steel girders around the place to create some restricted views for old times sake ! ::)

July 07, 2019, 07:15:37 PM
Reply #123

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
......................is it really necessary to describe anyone who mentions tourism as a 'troll ' ?

I don't think anyone has said Liverpool would lose out if the WHO listing was removed and we all know by now that UNESCO aren't the planning authority ,they can only comment on planning applications. 
Reading between the lines it seems as if LCC are quite prepared to risk losing the status.

The fall in domestic tourism since 2014 is entirely down to the rise of the far right Nazi party  Pegida in this city,  it disgusts the average German, why would they go there.

July 12, 2019, 07:21:08 PM
Reply #124

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing wrong with having an opinion, it's everyone's right, but you just know that there will be plenty of fume once the initial images are released, it's not big enough, looks awful, it's shit etc... followed by their own doodles of how it should look

Thatís exactly whatís going to happen, plus images of stadiums around the globe that would be entirely useless in our climate.

July 27, 2019, 02:32:23 PM
Reply #125

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting viewpoint, being environmentally aware I am disappointed I never thought about it myself. It will surely be a issue over the lifetime of the stadium.  :titanic:

We might need to do a massive floater in the Mersey instead.

Life jackets under your seat ? (Ffs)

July 28, 2019, 02:52:18 PM
Reply #126

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No the cost is not beneficial for a station that will only be used minimum 18 times Per season
Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Whatís the feeling about hosting other major events ? Rock concerts, boxing, American football etc.
Would be massive for tourism/local economy.

October 11, 2019, 03:42:34 PM
Reply #127

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
They can show tangible progress.

A PR fluff piece is fine and I understand why, but it's very transparent without actually making anyone feel better. I'd rather they take it head on like the people's project did tbh.

I think the fact that we will have submitted planning application within the next ten weeks is tangible progress.