October 28, 2020, 06:19:46 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 625746 times)

June 26, 2020, 12:10:41 AM
Reply #150

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/3300642002?__twitter_impression=true

More on the Cincinnati deal

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Guess he must have forgotten this one then !

danmeis
@Meisarch
I am sorry but if this was “always the plan” no one shared it with me.  In my 30 years of designing stadiums I have never had our work taken over by another architect without remaining in a custodian/oversight role.

August 27, 2020, 05:38:26 PM
Reply #151

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/statements/everton-fc-new-stadium/?fbclid=IwAR1QNaQlVX4E7-nLTX7rCRzRYuouEqb4TrmLXvSDRzRle29wUz-0lkfWYG8

"We have also advised that the application should be refused"

Maybe Historic fucking England would have preferred that we kept the slum terraced housing in Toxteth, Garston and the Dingle to recognise our great history, wankers.

August 27, 2020, 08:44:32 PM
Reply #152

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Bung em a few quid - bound to be someone there in a bit of financial trouble. Sorted

That only works with Tory politicians I’m afraid.

August 28, 2020, 12:38:44 AM
Reply #153

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't it good that Historic England do this? It's their role and there isn't a site in England that a developer wouldn't say the immediate benefits outweigh historical significance. And if they're right history disappears.
It's just a procedure where they represent their interest. It's all about balance and I think the new stadium gets that balance right.
Like all supporters I have a degree of hypocrisy built in and I confess I would back HE 100% if the redshite were building it.

On reflection I have to agree with both you and BD although we’re not talking about Stonehenge, Hadrians wall or the Roman baths here, it’s a hole in the ground that gets filled in.

September 04, 2020, 03:56:16 AM
Reply #154

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
On a positive note, for once, the Tories don't give a fuck about heritage or history or the like. They just want money flowing through the economy and job creation so I would be hugely surprised if this gets delayed or rejected.

No problem (from me) with Historic England doing their jobs.

Used to regularly see and catch newts, kept them well in a vivarium as a kid but over the last 25 years 70% of our ponds have disappeared due to building development, agricultural policies, pollution and general ignorance of various governments regarding environmental issues.

October 12, 2020, 02:23:42 PM
Reply #155

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

That seems surprising without final approval, no?

With rising unemployment through the country and probably we will be one of the most affected areas no fucker in their right mind would vote against a project that is bound to secure thousands of jobs for at least the next three years, not even the smelliest Kopite.

October 12, 2020, 05:30:33 PM
Reply #156

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No problem. Russian oligarchs build their yachts like Russian dolls.

Meta yacht will moor off-shore.
Mega yacht will sail out of meta yacht and up the Mersey.
Mini yacht will sail out of mega yacht and into BMD.
Sorted.

Bollocks, hell just take the helicopter off the Meta yacht  :snigger: