May 27, 2018, 05:06:54 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 245751 times)

February 09, 2018, 05:42:17 PM
Reply #2970

Ross

I hope so, or at least not as near as they think, I'd like to at least have a concrete design and capacity information before they get theirs going, if it ever does get that far.

Really think it will be the dogs bollocks when it's all done, sitting their in lights on the waterfront.

Sounds brutal.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 09, 2018, 05:52:11 PM
Reply #2971

sirblue57

I deffo want a Pound Bakery in the ground somewhere
lolol lolol lolol
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 09, 2018, 06:01:40 PM
Reply #2972

Evertonian in NC

Hated maths with a passion - and chemistry and physics (although I loved Biology). I was always more into the arts and social sciences/humanities and languages. And sport of course

But so much of sport IS maths!  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 09, 2018, 06:29:34 PM
Reply #2973

74Blue

I just want our new home to be one fucking intimidating place for visiting teams to come to. Fans as close to the pitch as possible, within the rules of course and somewhere that we can fill to the rafters every matchday to make it a real bear-pit, a place that no team will relish visiting. We need the acoustics to be spot on, so the fans can generate as much noise as possible.
What shape the ground is doesn't particularly bother me too much. I just want it to be a fortress for Everton Football Club, a place where no fucker comes and gets an easy ride. I want a ground where the atmosphere generated inside gives us an advantage over the opposition, where every last decibel is transferred across the pitch!

February 09, 2018, 06:59:13 PM
Reply #2974

Alanvideo

Around the time of th ekitbag deal i have a vague memory of hearing we did the same with catering - i want to say Sodexo?

The deal was similar. They pay us a flat fee unless sales are way above expectation and then we get to share the profit made above a certain amount.
Both deals turned loss making areas into immediate profit making areas.

I haven't heard anything since to say it has bene in-sourced.
.............I thought it was Sodexo too but I don't see their logo on the OS anymore. The deal will be as you say unless we took it back in-house.
I haven't been to any modern stadia besides Wembley last time but I thought the catering there was good and not to dear. At least you could get served easy and get a seat to eat your food.
For now though ,we go to the Everton school and get a chip butty and a cuppa !
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 09, 2018, 07:01:03 PM
Reply #2975

Cozzie

Sounds brutal.

It would quite literally be like a fortress.

February 09, 2018, 07:02:48 PM
Reply #2976

Ross

It would quite literally be like a fortress.

...or a 1960’s municipal building
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 09, 2018, 07:05:29 PM
Reply #2977

Cozzie

...or a 1960’s municipal building

Either way teams are gonna dread playing there!

February 09, 2018, 07:09:40 PM
Reply #2978

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I have no doubt we'll be one of those teams that takes about five years to get their first win at the new ground.

February 09, 2018, 07:11:58 PM
Reply #2979

Evertonian in NC

As this thread demonstrates, I still think Morrissey would have been the perfect owner for us.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 09, 2018, 07:17:21 PM
Reply #2980

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I deffo want a Pound Bakery in the ground somewhere

I had no idea what this was.  Looks like its just about creeping south now, but any further and it'll be a twopoundbakery, then 80 miles further fivepoundbakery.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 09, 2018, 08:52:33 PM
Reply #2981

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 09, 2018, 09:06:29 PM
Reply #2982

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
email from the club:

Dear Michael,

Thank you for completing the online survey relating to the Club’s ‘Key Principles’ for a new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

A summary of supporter feedback will be shared with our fans, our project team and our stadium architect, Dan Meis, after the survey has closed on 23 February and we have analysed and interpreted the results and comments.

All fans who have taken part in the survey will be invited to register to take part in workshop events, where the feedback and the key themes will be discussed in more detail. We will be communicating further details of the workshop events after the survey has closed.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. If you know other Evertonians who have yet to complete the survey, please remind them of the deadline of 23 February.

They can either complete the survey online here or request a paper copy by contacting the Fan Services department via 0151 556 1878 or www.evertonfc.com/contact.

Everton Football Club

February 09, 2018, 09:09:30 PM
Reply #2983

Simon Paul

Administrator
.............I thought it was Sodexo too but I don't see their logo on the OS anymore. The deal will be as you say unless we took it back in-house.
I haven't been to any modern stadia besides Wembley last time but I thought the catering there was good and not to dear. At least you could get served easy and get a seat to eat your food.
For now though ,we go to the Everton school and get a chip butty and a cuppa !
It was. Then ISS took over.

February 09, 2018, 09:11:20 PM
Reply #2984

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber