December 19, 2018, 02:09:25 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 340902 times)

April 04, 2018, 03:10:15 AM
Reply #75

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Answers to questions this afternoon. In no particular order and haven't bothered with what is easily available on other sites like the Echo etc

Car parking.
English Heritage are insisting that the channel remains between where the car park is proposed and the 'mainland' as that was the main connection between the docks which means the car park site is of little use in any other way.

Bricks etc
The stadium needs to be sympathetic to its surroundings.

N/S alignment.
Makes the space tight but most stadiums are built this way to reduce the problems from the sun.
Rail seating can be possible when/if legislation passed but will probably not influence capacity as the legislation will require still one person per seat space. Also more metalwork needed so more expensive.

Capacity and keeping it full already in posts above. Want it full and noisy

Eating.
Some eating facilities incorporated but also expected local businesses will spring up.

Acoustics
Can be influenced by design.

Prince Rupert Tower.
Not sure yet - influenced by how it will look from the river.

Sustainability
Taken into account - wind power,  collecting rainwater etc etc

Access
At Goodison crowds come from all 4 directions but most will access new ground from the City end.

Dixie''s statue will be there and named bricks etc being considered along with other ideas.

Corporate hospitality demand is hard to judge as we have no real experience as have no facilities now! Feels Arsenal went over the top.

It's our home for next 100 years and wants it to be a stadium that 'grows out of the dock'

No compromise on technology or access (for fans inside)  - it will stand alongside the best in the world.

Possible to build it to allow for an increase of 5k seats in the future but the expansion is limited by the concourses etc underneath. Best to build it for now with possibility of expansion.

THE OVERRIDING MESSAGE IS THIS IS A FOOTBALL GROUND. Not designed for other events but obviously some will be possible. Also there will be a fan zone and that will be able to hold smaller events as well.

That's the gist of it and fairly accurate as my wife is always right and she was the one with the invite and the writing pad and pen. Any complaints and questions to her!!!
Cheers for that mate, decent work
Simply simply lovely

April 05, 2018, 09:15:00 PM
Reply #76

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Cant wait for half term to be over
Simply simply lovely

April 06, 2018, 05:46:07 AM
Reply #77

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The old Meisery guts, Goaljira - not even the away end for Meisers?

You Meissed the trick, but then again, didn't expect you to get it!
Mate.... Jibb it off. I'm not even sure anymore what you are trying to do
Simply simply lovely

April 18, 2018, 09:27:13 PM
Reply #78

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Just been left a voicemail regarding changing seats.
Where you moving to?
Simply simply lovely

April 18, 2018, 09:34:15 PM
Reply #79

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Away end side or main stand side?
Simply simply lovely

April 18, 2018, 09:40:13 PM
Reply #80

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
In the middle but slightly towards the away fans I think she said.

You still in the same seat I got off stub hub that time?
Yeah still there mate, lad I'm halves with wants to move tho. He took his daughter the split game and it was a bit heavy for an 8yo!!!
Simply simply lovely

April 30, 2018, 09:16:54 PM
Reply #81

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

June 07, 2018, 11:37:38 PM
Reply #82

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

June 08, 2018, 02:34:02 AM
Reply #83

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Seems like moshiri is trying to be thrifty with his money which is a good sign, maybe he can get a better deal elsewhere, Usmanov as an example.... Have to wait and see
Simply simply lovely

August 14, 2018, 07:12:51 PM
Reply #84

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Back in the day mate when I was a young man you could actually stand up and watch football! Hard to believe but true
As a lad you always stood in the ground and sat in the stands
Simply simply lovely