October 18, 2018, 01:42:14 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 310757 times)

March 24, 2017, 05:56:17 AM
Reply #15

bluenuck

When are we going to get a glimpse  at his stadium designs?

He probably has concept designs and renderings done already.

But now can move forward with actually designing options.

Probably within a few months.

March 26, 2017, 09:25:41 AM
Reply #16

bluenuck

I'm interested to know how they would fill in the docks. That's a huge volume.

Google it.... j/k

Honestly, I have an idea but I really don't know exactly how they'd go about it.

But 3 years for this to be completed sounds ambitious to me. Because after they "dry" the dock out I'm sure a pre load will have to go on it for at least 6 months to settle the soil before building.

April 13, 2017, 03:04:54 AM
Reply #17

bluenuck

I've mentioned it before, but The Etihad had a running track...

There are ways to put one in for a Commonwealth games and then remove it the season after. I have no problems if there is a temporary track.

May 17, 2017, 04:28:41 AM
Reply #18

bluenuck

55,000 seats doesn't have to be sold out every game right this second.

If we average 45k a game(which is very realistic) while selling out 8-9 games a season we should be fine.

Think of it like building a bridge over to a suburb of 50k people that is predicted to grow to 80k people in the next decade and only building a two lane bridge. That would be pretty stupid...

June 17, 2017, 04:31:50 AM
Reply #19

bluenuck

I'm not worried at all.

Moshiri won't accept mediocrity for his new Stadium. Dan Meis won't either.

As a Structural Engineer i know there are always ways. It's just how much are the owners willing to spend to make it work.

June 21, 2017, 11:03:36 PM
Reply #20

bluenuck

What's the point of doing early mock ups?

In this age of designing everything from the ground up in CAD youre unlikely to get a rough cut early design that bares little resemblance to the finished product. Trust me, I spend hours every week in design reviews at all stages of the concept and design stage.

I don't know what it's like over in the UK. But over here CAD is slowly being fazed out. I'm pretty sure meis architects isn't using it to build our stadium.

June 22, 2017, 01:26:12 AM
Reply #21

bluenuck

Are they going back to the dark days of sticks and modelling clay?

lol - no.

Revit, and other BIM software.

5-6 years ago the office I work in probably did 90+% of our jobs in CAD. Now we probably do about 40%.

December 21, 2017, 11:14:51 PM
Reply #22

bluenuck

nope

I doubt many architects would do that either on many things to be honest.  I'd go as far as to say that someone like Dan Meiss would like to think that the design he came up with was his best work and met the client's criteria the best possible, so wouldn't want to water it down by doing another two.

He's brought at least 3 designs to Moshiri and the board. I can guarantee that.

Or the first design he brought to them has changed drastically in the last 6 months till now.

I'm a structural Engineer. We did a design for a parkade for the Vancouver Airport. We gave them 4 options.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:16:59 PM by bluenuck »

December 24, 2017, 12:55:39 PM
Reply #23

bluenuck

average fans were offered a chance to buy into the club at the time, which gave them a say.

but even those fans with a (legal) financial stake in the club haven't been given any say in the BMD move either - well, except those who own at least a couple of hundred grand's worth of shares that is

the General Meeting won't be to give those a say either.  It will be a powerpoint presentation of "this is what we hope to do" the same as last year, because the articles of association make General Meetings meaningless in everything other than a PR act anyway

Seriously. What are you really getting at?? What do really want from this club?

seems you want us to stay as the people's club but not sell our souls to break into the top 4.

Which is almost impossible in this day.

January 27, 2018, 01:28:58 AM
Reply #24

bluenuck

I can't believe how close that main road is to it

I guess the set back line in London is about 1m.  :P

February 23, 2018, 01:15:21 AM
Reply #25

bluenuck

Is it standard practise for stadium designs to take an eternity to arrive? Or is it just another 'Everton' thing?

For the fans to see the design, yes.

For Moshiri and Co. to see the designs, no. They've probably seen at least 4 or 5 so far.

April 03, 2018, 12:01:54 AM
Reply #26

bluenuck

have you seen the rest of his likes!!

I thought i was the only one that was sort of weirded out by his likes.

Seems like either a creep following these types of girls or he's a playboy.

April 03, 2018, 06:21:16 AM
Reply #27

bluenuck

Really liking what I'm seeing.

Still think we should have a bit of ambition with the capacity but it's splitting hairs really.

It's gonna be 50k plus by the sounds of it. But not 60k.

Don't know what the fuss is about. Lot of circumstances coming into play why they can't/don't want 60k.

April 03, 2018, 11:25:29 PM
Reply #28

bluenuck

Hope not, bit incongruous on the exterior of a modern stadium, fine to cleverly incorporate them as a design feature inside.

It wouldn't really be on the exterior though, would it? It would be only view able from the inside of the park.

The new Yankee Stadium was able to incorporate their old frieze facade very well into their new stadium.

I was hoping this could have been done in our new one, but having it mixed in with the interior is pretty cool.