July 19, 2018, 03:11:26 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 272260 times)

April 26, 2018, 08:24:08 PM
Reply #105

Toddacelli

This pissed me off.

I'm sharing so it can piss you off too. It's a shitty thing to do but hey - I'm pissed off, so...

https://www.citymetric.com/fabric/liverpool-city-council-can-find-money-new-everton-stadium-so-why-can-t-it-build-homes-or

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 07, 2018, 11:50:38 PM
Reply #106

Toddacelli

Fuck this thread. It's about to go the way of all the Allardyce threads. I'll be back when we're making progress again.

June 08, 2018, 02:04:56 PM
Reply #107

Toddacelli

Is the UNESCO thing a worry, or can that be sorted with relative ease?

From everything I've heard from press and previous posters (last time this was discussed about a year ago I think) it seems that UNESCO are anything BUT easy to deal with.

Having said that I just can't see how they can realistically stop anything - as long as we make certain compromises.

I mean - what the fuck is the point of a World Heritage Site no-one ever sees? Compare that to a World Heritage Site with tens of thousands of visitors every week seeing UNESCO all over special areas singled out for preservation. I'm sure someone can sell this version to them.

So - no facts here - just conjecture.

P.S. Yes I know I'm a hypocrite but I couldn't stay away  :)

June 08, 2018, 08:13:52 PM
Reply #108

Toddacelli

The reason people are worried is because the club have repeatedly lied, stabbed us in the back and pulled the wool over our eyes for more than 20 years.

I want to believe, but Iím going to need to see some spades in the ground before I get anything close to a singular hope up.

I know what you're saying brother, but if this is based on Kings Dock, Kirby etc - I also think it's worth remembering that they were entirely different projects, run by entirely different people when we had entirely different prospects.

The reasons for my cautious optimism are largely based on BK taking a step back, new investment coming in, Moshiri and Meis appearing to be professionals at what they do - which is delivering results on a world stage. No small potatoes there. So we have a much better team driving a much better project from a much better base.

Plus - he had me at the cladding  :)

June 19, 2018, 10:48:03 PM
Reply #109

Toddacelli

from The Echo ,quoting Karl Barry ,representing Cataclean..............
But for many Everton fans, the key question will be what does having a licensed venue on the space earmarked for a new stadium mean for those plans?
He said: "Everton have the contractual option (for the land) that they can exercise at any time.
"If Everton decide to exercise their option then my client will have to leave and Everton Football Club will break ground when they want to, possibly before Christmas."
Wonder which Christmas he means ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/5000-capacity-venue-bramley-moore-14802684

The Echo site now is practically unuseable from all the pop-ups - I just tried to read the article, so the video came on so I thought 'ok - watch the video' then a pop up came up that covered the entire screen and stopped the video as well, trying to get me to support women in tech? Fuck off!

I am a massive advocate for women in STEM but WTF has that got to do with what I was trying to read/watch? I've clicked my last Echo link ffs!