July 18, 2018, 02:16:19 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 271347 times)

Goughie, Bally, DanDan, djws1788, Picko1975, sirblue57, Jimmywhack, Alanvideo and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 11, 2018, 03:45:07 PM
Reply #30

Bingham Boy

The design is surely a series of tiers that all overlap each other.

That is the only design that has fans as close to the action as possible.

Great for the sides but not for behind the goal, however Elstone has previously said about a large home end, make that two large home ends, ala Dortmund's behind BOTH goals, combined with thosemultiple tiers that overlap on the sides and we will have a cracker of a stadium. Please don't underwhelm.

January 11, 2018, 04:11:35 PM
Reply #31

Bingham Boy

Expectations are so high and opinion so varied that it will definitely underwhelm.

However, what you have described wrapped in something unique would tick near enough every box for me. (Even though i prefer the Gwladys to the Park end)

I'd have little subtle touches such as the criss crosses, on the tiered side stands, not just tucked somewhere rubbish just as a fake nudge to our past. I'd also have the Main Stand gable, opposite the Littlewoods clock. Subtle yet classy images that do not cost the earth and do not impact the design.

The stadium exterior really will divide opinion, but I'd leave that up to others to argue over, I'm not too fussed, but a decent stadium should mean room to expand in a couple of stands anyway so you'd be changes the exterior anyhow in the future.

There are loads of different opinions out there so bound to be disappointed but would want a reasoned argument behind each stand design Everton went for.

It makes no sense, other than lack of space, why we would only have one home end. If they deem design 'x' to be the best design for an End Stand, then anything other than 'x' is not the best design at the opposite end.   

My main spec is the Lower Gwladys St, I always take the opportunity to go in different parts of the ground and see the ground from as many different perspectives. The Park End is similar size to the Lower Gwladys in depth, 39 rows of seats vs 41. In terms of noise projection it is far superior and can spread songs far easier than the Lower Gwladys St. The Lower Gwladys St is better in that you get far more standing, better terrace feel from being shallower, more regular atmosphere but just doesn't project elsewhere, but far better to be part of.

What it could be when compared to the away end of the Lower Bullens is that the last row is against the wall, whereas you have a bit of a concourse behind the last row of the Lower Gwladys.

It's a lesson though that when you have tiers that overlap then make sure the overhang can project sound.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:17:43 PM by Bingham Boy »

January 25, 2018, 07:26:59 PM
Reply #32

Bingham Boy

I done the survey but some parts forced you to answer to move on. Certain aspects of the stadium I'm not too bothered about, other bits I am.

So when they're trawling through the results my rubbish answers will carry the same weight as someone who is passionate about that certain aspect, and of course vice-versa.

January 26, 2018, 04:13:37 AM
Reply #33

Bingham Boy

I don't think that's a bad thing though. Passion - and lack of passion - shines through in the free responses and both are equally valid.

I mean, if I'm the only twat saying we should link up to the city's bike hire schemes, why should they bother?

Suppose so, I told them to ban mobile phones and all technology from the ground! I don't think they will though, very low on my list of wants!

February 09, 2018, 04:35:38 PM
Reply #34

Bingham Boy

The fact their fans kicked up a massive stink about ticket price increases for the new main stand and the owners said we can only expand the Annie Road if we put up prices again makes me take any further expansion talk with a pinch of salt.

But theydo have finalised plans and permission to expand. It was literally only the protests that stopped it carrying on.

It's the main reason the "make it bigger than anfield" argument is wrong to me. 1) because Anfield will be adding another 7k at some point and 2) we should build it based on what we need with room for expansion - not just to have the least important bragging rights between the clubs.

Bragging rights are part of football competitiveness though, and I want ours to be bigger than theirs.

I'm not even going to try make up a load of reasoned points to pad out an argument because it just boils down to me wanting us to have a better stadium, a bigger stadium, and a noisier stadium than them.   

February 23, 2018, 11:19:45 PM
Reply #35

Bingham Boy

Think Emirates is 60,897

Spurs have purposely made theirs 61,000, just a smidge ahead of the Arse.

Love us to see what the capacity is of anfield when they regenerate the other end, and then just have 1 more seat to piss them off.
I think theirs will be 61892...

February 24, 2018, 10:17:31 AM
Reply #36

Bingham Boy

Empty seats, within reason, is a good thing. Selling out regularly isn't good for the atmosphere. Ticketing is the reason now the atmosphere isn't up to much, fans can't get together with big groups of friends or with like minded fans. So those noisier fans can't congregate to create the atmosphere. This means that it takes more from what's going on on the pitch to get the fans going.

March 23, 2018, 03:37:48 PM
Reply #37

Bingham Boy

A big part of football is size envy. If Barcelona played in a sold out 35000 stadium every week it would change your opinion of them.

Part of football is about the dream of striving to become the biggest and best in the world.

March 23, 2018, 04:51:04 PM
Reply #38

Bingham Boy

Things we know to get a picture in our mind:

Seats on top of the pitch = many overlapping tiers

One large home end - will this be a single tier? or many little tiers?

One small to average opposite end - as it's a tight fit, probably many tiers

Size - I think we're all getting 50-55000 vibes aren't we

Shape - rectangular

Symmetry - 4 separate stands so none

Main Stand higher than opposite stand

Anything else we have been able to deduce along the way?

April 03, 2018, 04:56:27 AM
Reply #39

Bingham Boy

Lots to love on this. To be picky though, you could bring that upper tier in closer to the pitch. Ie so that it overhangs the ones below, that would make the crap end better and would make more fans closer to the action. I am surprised that wasn't done tbh.

I knew it was just the one good end, and I'm relieved and excited that that one good end, is fkn good. I love the corners next to it as well.

I know space is limited behind the goal so it's a shame that we have the end opposite the same too.

That opposite end doesn't work for me it's a bit lower league, it's by the away fans too, so you may get some standing there, so what's that sandwiched between the tiers? Exec boxes? Could potentially have views blocked.

The video screen. You have to be careful how that's used. It's facing the good end, after a chance on goal, you want the fans singing away on that stand, not watching replays.

Leg room looks very generous at 800mm, you could cut that down to get fans closer especially behind the goal.

Sounds like a critique of it, it isn't, I do love most of it.

April 03, 2018, 03:39:28 PM
Reply #40

Bingham Boy

Reckon the club should make it 50k but just tell everyone it's the gimmicky 61,878

I mean who is actually gonna count the seats anyway

As a cheat you look at the top corner seat, so row 60 seat 200. 6 x 200 = 12000. Do that for each stand!

April 03, 2018, 05:30:39 PM
Reply #41

Bingham Boy

Looks like that small North end is intentional.
When choosing a North/South axis it is "tight" to the land borders and so they have been forced into reducing the footprint of one of the stands.

I guess they could either have two average stands behind the goal, or have one great and one below average one. They went for the latter which is the right decision.

Can they not do anything to get more space behind the north Stand?

April 03, 2018, 05:53:38 PM
Reply #42

Bingham Boy

Is it significantly colder than 2 miles further North East? The body heat of 50 odd thousand people will be sufficient to take the chill off the air i reckon.

Wellington dock is immediately North of us. UU expanded their sewerage facilities into it from Sandon a while back. (Which is also responsible for the regular horrific smell down there).
More chance of encroaching into Peels plans for Nelson dock to the South and shunting the entire project down a couple of hundred meters.

But this land restriction will be the true reason for whatever capacity we have.

Why haven't they shifted it South then? Even by around 25 metres that would make a huge difference?

I'm guessing cost and also filling in the water? I'm not up to scratch on what is immediately south or surrounding, so sorry if it's effin obvious.

April 03, 2018, 06:30:06 PM
Reply #43

Bingham Boy

Think 80cm leg room is just about right, it’s a civilised amount allowing for easy passage.
It depends where. If it's a stand where most fans will be standing up then you could shorten it. For the sitting down stands yes I agree it seems fine.

April 03, 2018, 10:39:44 PM
Reply #44

Bingham Boy

By the sounds of it the Leitch criss crosses are not going to visible from the pitch then?