July 21, 2018, 09:01:25 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 273309 times)

February 24, 2018, 12:29:01 AM
Reply #30

Waltzer

Think Emirates is 60,897

Spurs have purposely made theirs 61,000, just a smidge ahead of the Arse.

Love us to see what the capacity is of anfield when they regenerate the other end, and then just have 1 more seat to piss them off.
I don't know if that would be a good thing as I don't think we'd fill it.  I'd rather have a stadium around 50k that's really tight with a great atmosphere than a huge thing with about 6k spare seats. There's a reason why Liverpool have more seats than us, they have about 10x the amount of fans as us and demand is huge, building a bigger stadium isn't going to change that.

February 24, 2018, 01:31:20 AM
Reply #31

Waltzer

However to build for the future is sensible, we have a huge fan base and working on the assumption concessions are sensible why ever not? We will make more on corporate, excellent facilities and merchandise, it's win win after all empty seat cost nothing, full seats are full seats
Have no problem with a stadium that's expandable, that makes sense. I appreciate its a different scale but look at some of spurs games at Wembley with so many empty seats and city, with all their recent glory struggle to fill theirs. Empty seats affect the atmosphere in my opinion and I'd rather have a stadium that's got for purpose now, not 10 years down the line. The other option is to go massive then basically give away tickets similar to west ham, the problem is everyone snaps up a dirt cheap season ticket etc and it matters little if you go our not as its cheap.

March 22, 2018, 09:09:29 PM
Reply #32

Waltzer

The novelty of the first few seasons at the new stadium with supporters from all over the country and the world alike will attract greater crowds for the first 2 or 3 seasons there and thatís what we must capitalise on.

Possibly, you've also got to take into account the view you get. Its a fair old trek for me to get to games so im limited to getting tickets via stubhub or when on general sale and you have to weigh up the pros and cons and despite my love of Everton its not that appealing to travel 100's of miles to stare at a pillar for 90 minutes, I also sat in the family enclosure with my son at the last game and despite this not being classed as an unobstructed view you still couldnt see the ball when it was on the ground the other side of the pitch!! If I was offered the opportunity of getting a decent seat with a view of the pitch, good accessibility it would make my decision a lot easier.

March 23, 2018, 05:51:57 PM
Reply #33

Waltzer

I'm hearing 52k seater.

Not particularly impressed for various reasons. I really don't understand the desire (from fans) for a smaller stadium either.

It's not in our interests, as consumers, to encourage scarcity in a new stadium. While I might trust someone like Kenwright to keep ticket prices low, I don't for a second have a lot of faith in Moshiri too. Spurs have used the scarcity of tickets in their new stadium to bump up prices and I fully expect we will too.

My personal reasons for not wanting it too big are as follows:

If we do 60k and struggle to fill it the atmosphere will be in danger (even more than it is), you'll have empty patches etc. The club could counter this by then reducing the cost of season tickets etc, this intern devalues the personal worth of the seat and supporters will be more inclined to have a week off, as it doesnt cost me that much anyway. You have the prospect of something like Arsenal or West Ham, where their recorded attendance is pretty much a sale out, yet the reality is very different, especially at Arsenal at present.
I just dont see all the fuss about its got to be massive, its got to be bigger than Liverpool etc. We wont be bigger than Liverpool on or off the field for years so build on whats made us what we are. Goodison is an intimate, compact stadium and used to have a good atmosphere, build what is relevant to our needs and not just to get one over someone else, that could end up being the detriment to what were about.