October 23, 2018, 09:36:11 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 312739 times)

September 03, 2017, 02:57:23 PM
Reply #15

Paddockoldie

Can we not just replicate that and save some fees on the design?  Id be well happy with that

Maybe it's my age but why do I think the roof reminds me of Windy Miller opening the watch with mother box? Not that keen really either. I think it doesn't show who we are or our history, but that's only opinion and I'm sure it won't make any difference. I think we could do better.

September 03, 2017, 03:01:19 PM
Reply #16

Paddockoldie

Maybe it's my age but why do I think the roof reminds me of Windy Miller opening the watch with mother box? Not that keen really either. I think it doesn't show who we are or our history, but that's only opinion and I'm sure it won't make any difference. I think we could do better.

February 24, 2018, 03:18:55 PM
Reply #17

Paddockoldie

Empty seats, within reason, is a good thing. Selling out regularly isn't good for the atmosphere. Ticketing is the reason now the atmosphere isn't up to much, fans can't get together with big groups of friends or with like minded fans. So those noisier fans can't congregate to create the atmosphere. This means that it takes more from what's going on on the pitch to get the fans going.

Too true. I went the game with the same group of mates for many years and stood with them or sat in the stands with them. Now, you mainly  meet outside and then separate and meet at the end. It's definitely spoiled the day out with the lads feeling I used to have.

March 30, 2018, 01:24:26 AM
Reply #18

Paddockoldie

Meis stated he wants to take our history with us. Because of the heritage of the area and types of buildings around there, I'd like a massive copy of the Rupert tower somewhere within the construction. It would blend in nicely. I hope it isn't all shiny and smoked glass.. We're not that type of club. Rustic and grand will do me.

June 01, 2018, 01:32:52 PM
Reply #19

Paddockoldie

I think the new stadium should look like a stone fortress from outside, in keeping with the feel of the old docks but inside modern and dynamic. As long as it doesn't look all chrome and glass because they're characterless. I want something unique really.

July 24, 2018, 02:20:44 PM
Reply #20

Paddockoldie

No it's not. It's the Wales Millennium Centre

Fack off. It's the Millennium Wales Centre. Anyway, what have the Welsh ever done for us?

July 26, 2018, 01:50:38 PM
Reply #21

Paddockoldie

I'd go for 60k, if it was financially viable. I think people underestimate the potential uptake of new season ticket holders in a brand new stadium, in addition to sporadic matchgoers and then tourists and daytrippers (which although annoying, is inevitable, and should be exploited)

Is it that easy to get tickets these days though? We'd have to increase our general sales allocation. Saying that bigger capacity would help with that.

July 31, 2018, 05:03:32 AM
Reply #22

Paddockoldie

What exactly does Snoden do other than live off expenses and free do's? He'd open a grave if they said the bar and buffet is on Everton.