June 24, 2018, 09:50:10 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 264805 times)

February 24, 2018, 01:39:31 AM
Reply #3060

eugene

Have no problem with a stadium that's expandable, that makes sense. I appreciate its a different scale but look at some of spurs games at Wembley with so many empty seats and city, with all their recent glory struggle to fill theirs. Empty seats affect the atmosphere in my opinion and I'd rather have a stadium that's got for purpose now, not 10 years down the line. The other option is to go massive then basically give away tickets similar to west ham, the problem is everyone snaps up a dirt cheap season ticket etc and it matters little if you go our not as its cheap.
See what your point is BUT in my opinion I would just go for it we have a lot of fans who would eat the tickets on a concession it would cost the club no extra and the people would get a match in AND spend a couple of bob in the concourse, its win

February 24, 2018, 10:17:31 AM
Reply #3061

Bingham Boy

Empty seats, within reason, is a good thing. Selling out regularly isn't good for the atmosphere. Ticketing is the reason now the atmosphere isn't up to much, fans can't get together with big groups of friends or with like minded fans. So those noisier fans can't congregate to create the atmosphere. This means that it takes more from what's going on on the pitch to get the fans going.

February 24, 2018, 03:06:21 PM
Reply #3062

blue1948

I think the problem with an expandable stadium is that when we -might -want to expand there would be hurdles to climb yet again in satisfying all the relevant parties  especially if the new stadium for one reason or another pisses someone off -other than the turds across the park .AMENDMENT -they won't be across the park then though!!!

February 24, 2018, 03:18:55 PM
Reply #3063

Paddockoldie

Empty seats, within reason, is a good thing. Selling out regularly isn't good for the atmosphere. Ticketing is the reason now the atmosphere isn't up to much, fans can't get together with big groups of friends or with like minded fans. So those noisier fans can't congregate to create the atmosphere. This means that it takes more from what's going on on the pitch to get the fans going.

Too true. I went the game with the same group of mates for many years and stood with them or sat in the stands with them. Now, you mainly  meet outside and then separate and meet at the end. It's definitely spoiled the day out with the lads feeling I used to have.

February 24, 2018, 05:51:39 PM
Reply #3064

Makis

Making the stadium too big makes no financial sense. It might never pay back the investment and the atmosphere might suffer.

February 24, 2018, 05:53:45 PM
Reply #3065

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
When Liverpool's new owners came in, part of the talk was that they wanted to make a 60k seater stadium.
Phase one was the main stand & slight remodel of the Kop. That made capacity 54, 074.
Phase two was the Annie road and that detailed work beginning September 2019 to add an extra 6000 general admission seats.

They have been a bit vague with phase two. 6k seats would bring it up to 60,074. But they used the phrase 6000 'general admission' seats. So it's safe to assume more corp' seats on top.
So from 60,100 anywhere up to 61k

It would be madness for us to aim for that.
We can build a 50k-55k that has easily and readily available routes to expand - that are BUILT IN to the current planning permission. An 'legal option' if you'd like.

Meiss has, thankfully, elaborated on his 61,878 tweet by saying size of crowd is not the most important aspect of creating atmosphere. Closeness to the pitch, elevation and gradient of stands etc are. He actually used the phrase "bigger is not always better".

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:54:46 PM by Mick 1995 »

February 24, 2018, 06:59:33 PM
Reply #3066

Macca77

When Liverpool's new owners came in, part of the talk was that they wanted to make a 60k seater stadium.
Phase one was the main stand & slight remodel of the Kop. That made capacity 54, 074.
Phase two was the Annie road and that detailed work beginning September 2019 to add an extra 6000 general admission seats.

They have been a bit vague with phase two. 6k seats would bring it up to 60,074. But they used the phrase 6000 'general admission' seats. So it's safe to assume more corp' seats on top.
So from 60,100 anywhere up to 61k

It would be madness for us to aim for that.
We can build a 50k-55k that has easily and readily available routes to expand - that are BUILT IN to the current planning permission. An 'legal option' if you'd like.

Meiss has, thankfully, elaborated on his 61,878 tweet by saying size of crowd is not the most important aspect of creating atmosphere. Closeness to the pitch, elevation and gradient of stands etc are. He actually used the phrase "bigger is not always better".

Thats what she said

:badum:

February 25, 2018, 02:00:54 AM
Reply #3067

angus1878

the one place we can barely win at...we are leaving....

February 25, 2018, 02:03:27 AM
Reply #3068

sam of the south

Probably best to comment in the existing stadium thread
http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54904.0
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 25, 2018, 02:12:59 AM
Reply #3069

TheTone

the one place we can barely win at...we are leaving....

February 25, 2018, 02:22:13 AM
Reply #3070

sam of the south

Id love to be with her when she makes that face ☺️
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 09, 2018, 03:19:39 PM
Reply #3071

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Picture is from Andersons regeneration summit yesterday.

I'll take it hahaha

March 09, 2018, 03:21:09 PM
Reply #3072

Cozzie

Surely it wont look specifically like that.

Think that it was just designed that way for the image to show the space it would take up.

March 09, 2018, 03:25:22 PM
Reply #3073

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Picture is from Andersons regeneration summit yesterday.

I'll take it hahaha

See, this is what happens when people moan constantly about the ground being a bowl.

March 09, 2018, 03:25:48 PM
Reply #3074

Macca77

Think that it was just designed that way for the image to show the space it would take up.

Correct