May 27, 2019, 02:38:56 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 398092 times)

December 21, 2018, 06:42:51 PM
Reply #105

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The club have put seats on stubhub themselves in the past. Blocks of twenty together...

Just had a look on Stub Hub Bournmouth game, there are blocks of 8,9, and 10 all over the place ?

December 21, 2018, 06:59:40 PM
Reply #106

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
..................e.g. TB 1 row 0 10 to 25 all at £49-14.
See my reply to @Simon Paul earlier.

Just saw it, so does anyone have any theories why the club would do this ?

December 21, 2018, 07:31:11 PM
Reply #107

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Your being very naive if you think the price of a season ticket at BMD will be the same price as a season ticket at Goodison, be it 52k capacity 55, 58 or 60+.

Have read this a dozen times and canít for the life of me see where on earth he suggests the price of a season ticket at BMD should be the same price as at Goodison, maybe Iím naive ?

Again Iíve not mentioned profit anywhere so how you come to the conclusion about me equating more seats with bigger profit is beyond me.

Obviously London will be significantly higher as it no doubt always has been. But itís not really relevant because our supporter base isnít exclusive to Liverpool.

So if we want to grow as a football club we need to realise that simply marketing ourselves to the Liverpool area and ignoring the market beyond will see us fall further down the pecking order than we currently are.

December 22, 2018, 10:24:26 PM
Reply #108

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It will be interesting to see as they have told of constrictions due to the site and now they are doing 52000 with the chance of 62000 if needed .He is certainly using his magic is our Dan .To simply add on to the structure ,the foundations and the skeleton of the 52000 must be able to carry it and that is without any new regulations coming in .So in my opinion it is 52000 for as long as I am alive and then I won't give a rat's arse .

Itís not at all inconceivable that the structural design/foundations can be so that an additional tier or whatever could not be added at a later date, not saying it will be just saying itís not impossible.

December 23, 2018, 01:03:47 PM
Reply #109

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

December 23, 2018, 03:47:56 PM
Reply #110

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
"
"To simply add on to the structure ,the foundations and the skeleton of the 52000 must be able to carry it and that is without any new regulations coming in " is what I said .So I beg to differ .

It was the suggestion that it will never happen within your lifetime that sounded as though you thought it was not feasible, wishing you a long and happy life  :)

December 23, 2018, 03:51:26 PM
Reply #111

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Simple economics here people. Make the stadium big enough to increase capacity substantially. 13 000 extra people is 33% increase already. If you keep people wanting to get in, you can raise the price of a ticket. Supply and demand in full force.

Now letís do the math. Say a ticket costs £40 currently. 39000 people in Goodison thatís ticket revenue of £1.56M.

To fill a 55 000 stadium consistently they likely wonít be able to raise ticket prices much. And thus ticket revenue at £40 per seat would be £2.2M per match.

If they made a stadium at 50000 seats and could charge £5 per seat more than current as they demand will be greater and seat availaibilty more limited they will increase match day ticket revenue to £2.25M per game.

With 52000 seats that match day revenue is 2.35M. So getting that sweet number that allows increase demand to outweigh the  increased supply means increased revenue at much lower capital outlay.

The math is a bit out there Con, we have thirty thousand season ticket holders which nowhere near equates to £40, some concessions generate more like £12 per seat (kids)  and we have a large percentage of over 65ís paying about £15 per seat.

January 17, 2019, 06:18:59 PM
Reply #112

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Makes perfect sense and should satisfy all parties.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46889290

February 15, 2019, 03:44:26 PM
Reply #113

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I thought it did to be honest and much more of the clan feel when baying for blood .Plus to an extent you can change your position( if you have a big person in front of you .

Are we talking of ďsafe standingĒ as in the Dortmund model where there are seats but these can either be locked in the up position (throughout that section) or dropped down for seating ? This model has numbered seats so would that men that even for standing you would have to stand in front of that seat ? If you are an ST holder do you get allocated that standing seat ?