October 15, 2019, 04:48:36 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 471370 times)

March 23, 2018, 06:05:22 PM
Reply #3210

blue1948

Its starting to piss me off how long its taking, we've secured the land etc, Meis has been employed by the club to design the fucking thing for nearly 2 years now and yet there's still no images or ideas that we can look at. Now I understand that things take time and this is massive for us so we want to do it right, but get a fucking move on. Fan's chats with Meis should be interesting, but then what happens, we hear fuck all for another few months?
I think you have opened your mouth and not engaged your brain ,that or you have no idea about designing something with the constraints a heritage site brings and the fans on here posting ridiculous comments

March 23, 2018, 06:17:24 PM
Reply #3211

Macca77

I think you have opened your mouth and not engaged your brain ,that or you have no idea about designing something with the constraints a heritage site brings and the fans on here posting ridiculous comments

Possibly, or I might just be an impatient twat.

March 23, 2018, 06:19:38 PM
Reply #3212

Bluenose 91

Some bad shit the beds in our fanbase.

Saw some fella on Twitter saying that ''Bramley Moore has been a shambles from start to finish''

1)It hasn't finished yet

2)In what way at all has it been a shambles?!

March 23, 2018, 06:29:30 PM
Reply #3213

Macca77

Some bad shit the beds in our fanbase.

Saw some fella on Twitter saying that ''Bramley Moore has been a shambles from start to finish''

1)It hasn't finished yet

2)In what way at all has it been a shambles?!

Read far worse than that, Meis and Moshiri are both massive frauds apparently

March 23, 2018, 06:32:13 PM
Reply #3214

Macca77

March 23, 2018, 06:53:17 PM
Reply #3215

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And no surprise here is not even a semblance of a climb down!

Climb down from what? My opinion that so far it looks a mess?

I’m not an architect and I’m not a football econometrician, but I am a fan of everton who has enjoyed a good couple of decades being fibbed to, sold kippers and downright let down - to me this new stadium hasn’t done anything at all to convince me this is any different.

I’m not too arsed about increasing the capacity to 60k, I expect it to be 50 minimum otherwise what’s the point, and I expect it to have more corporate seating for more £.

What I am arsed about is that we keep getting updates that largely seem like hollow lip service to me than progress.

Show me something to make me “climb down”.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 23, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
Reply #3216

Macca77

March 23, 2018, 07:28:54 PM
Reply #3217

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Biggest mistake the Club/Meis has made is consulting a random bunch of supporters, what other Premier
league Club asked their supporters what they would like to have. Remember that a giraffe is a horse designed by a committee.

March 23, 2018, 09:04:05 PM
Reply #3218

Hawkandro

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 23, 2018, 09:40:09 PM
Reply #3219

Macca77

The latest I've just seen on twitter is Bramley Moore isn't big enough for a 60k stadium

March 23, 2018, 09:47:29 PM
Reply #3220

D15TIN

Building work is meant to start next summer isn't it, so hopefully won't be long before we see some sketches
Im honestly glad weve seen nothing so far. People will always find something to moan about even if its the best stadium in the world, we released pictures early of Kirkby, kings dock etc and it went to shit

March 23, 2018, 09:59:46 PM
Reply #3221

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
What a fucking know-it-all gobshite.

As far as knowing all about how to design world class stadiums, yes he does know it all despite the fact that we have some on here who clearly know better, don’t know why we appointed him when we could have just asked anyone in the Lower Gwlady if they would like to do it.

March 23, 2018, 10:00:44 PM
Reply #3222

Makis

KD was liked but Kirkby was a piece of shite so it was berated for a reason.

March 23, 2018, 10:47:27 PM
Reply #3223

van der Meyde

My personal reasons for not wanting it too big are as follows:

If we do 60k and struggle to fill it the atmosphere will be in danger (even more than it is), you'll have empty patches etc. The club could counter this by then reducing the cost of season tickets etc, this intern devalues the personal worth of the seat and supporters will be more inclined to have a week off, as it doesnt cost me that much anyway. You have the prospect of something like Arsenal or West Ham, where their recorded attendance is pretty much a sale out, yet the reality is very different, especially at Arsenal at present.

I definitely agree with you that the decision shouldn't be a dick waving contest.

I just don't have a problem with empty seats. Lyon were a good 12k below capacity and the atmosphere there was great when we played them. People bang on about Dortmund, but they were regularly 10-15k below capacity in the Champions League this season. Valencia and Galatasary are often below capacity. Napoli and Marseille are regularly 30k+ below capacity.

You can't call any of them bad atmospheres. With a well-designed stadium and smart ticketing, a few thousand empty seats shouldn't make a difference to atmosphere.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:48:43 PM by van der Meyde »

March 23, 2018, 11:19:16 PM
Reply #3224

sam of the south

Even though those messages to him are a bit cringe, the replies from Dan Meis are highly defensive, designed to manage expectations, and are pretty small time.

In fact, opening up a dialogue on Twitter with football supporters is asking for that sort of thing anway, and are pretty much in line with Moshiri texting Jim White and ringing in to Sky on deadline day.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau