October 24, 2019, 11:40:27 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 475477 times)

March 23, 2018, 11:24:40 PM
Reply #3225

Thornton_19

I definitely agree with you that the decision shouldn't be a dick waving contest.

I just don't have a problem with empty seats. Lyon were a good 12k below capacity and the atmosphere there was great when we played them. People bang on about Dortmund, but they were regularly 10-15k below capacity in the Champions League this season. Valencia and Galatasary are often below capacity. Napoli and Marseille are regularly 30k+ below capacity.

You can't call any of them bad atmospheres. With a well-designed stadium and smart ticketing, a few thousand empty seats shouldn't make a difference to atmosphere.
I don't want to be pedantic about Dortmund but it's not been low attendance in Europe, domestically they are allowed 80,000 in there.
When in Europe their capacity is 65,000 and their average attendance in Europe this year has been around 63,000.

March 23, 2018, 11:51:34 PM
Reply #3226

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think the main thing is the sudden flip - it was all fan surveys and iconic stadium one moment, then Elstone gave a typically bland-porridge interview and now we have Meis coming out like ‘whoa whoa 60k where did you get that from’

I don’t even want 60k we’d never fill it, it’s just patently obvious they’re not using fan sourced opinions to plan this stadium, and nor indeed should they. Wouldn’t trust our fans opinions on what players we currently have in our starting 11 at any one one, nevermind a multi-million stadium project which will potentially make or break our attempt to at least keep pace with the tails of those ahead.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 25, 2018, 06:26:27 AM
Reply #3227

Bluedylan

I think the fan consultations are lip service (which I'm absolutely fine with). I'm sure all the designs have been done for a while, but the club is just being seen to consult with fans. Again, if that is the case, sound. We've employed a world class architect in the field for a reason.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 25, 2018, 02:50:52 PM
Reply #3228

phillyt

I think the fan consultations are lip service (which I'm absolutely fine with). I'm sure all the designs have been done for a while, but the club is just being seen to consult with fans. Again, if that is the case, sound. We've employed a world class architect in the field for a reason.

I think your half right. I think designs have largely been completed but these consultations may affect the aesthetic feel to the stadium. Minor changes to design may be made based on the feedback from theses sessions.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

March 25, 2018, 04:13:26 PM
Reply #3229

Simon Paul

Administrator
I think your half right. I think designs have largely been completed but these consultations may affect the aesthetic feel to the stadium. Minor changes to design may be made based on the feedback from theses sessions.
It'll be the icing that gets changed. The stuff like the pictures of legends on the posts downstairs on the concourses at Goodison

Everything else will be done. And let's face it, if its not done after two years of paying and architect then there's something wrong!

March 25, 2018, 04:14:56 PM
Reply #3230

goodtouchforabigman

The Architect, world class by the way, has said he wants to design us a Iconic Intimidating stadium that is the best in the Prem or if it isnt will see it as a failure.

He's asked for feedback and has "consulted" the fans for ideas that he could incorporate into HIS designs for the stadium.

Yet some of our fans are having a hissy fit and others are accusing him of managing expectations, managing expectations for fucks sake, the man has just said he wants to build us the best stadium in the country! 😂😂

March 27, 2018, 05:27:19 PM
Reply #3231

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 27, 2018, 06:04:52 PM
Reply #3232

Thornton_19

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/labour-members-demand-city-wide-14460367
Just posteuring i reckon. Loads of kopites complaining to their local MP. Making it look like they are doing something about it.

March 27, 2018, 06:08:28 PM
Reply #3233

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm flapping it a bit now.

I kinda get the feeling we've been roped into this by Anderson and didn't quite realise the cost and difficulty in building an actual football stadium there.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 27, 2018, 06:36:56 PM
Reply #3234

Alanvideo

I kinda get the feeling we've been roped into this by Anderson and didn't quite realise the cost and difficulty in building an actual football stadium there.

................... I'm sure Meis and co. are fully aware of the problems of building on a dock with the further constraints of listed buildings ,World Heritage etc. I'm equally sure Moshiri and his friends will make money from the wider area near the stadium.
What gets on my tits is the constant sniping from kopites about filling in potholes and spending more on social welfare rather than a new stadium. LCC are not paying for the stadium. Do they really not understand the council are merely guaranteeing a loan and making money out of it ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 27, 2018, 06:56:54 PM
Reply #3235

Thornton_19

Id agree if it wasnt for Moshiri. He knows whatever he puts in to get this stadium off the ground, he will make back on loan fees or in a big lump sum when he eventually sells on the club.

March 27, 2018, 07:02:39 PM
Reply #3236

Bluedylan

Not flapping it at all here. Was always going to be more complex than Crocky. A lot of work's been done already. Need to get planning permission, get the council's finance passed, and secure/announce the remaining funding. No drama.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 27, 2018, 07:37:38 PM
Reply #3237

Macca77

Not flapping it at all here. Was always going to be more complex than Crocky. A lot of work's been done already. Need to get planning permission, get the council's finance passed, and secure/announce the remaining funding. No drama.

Easier said that done, we should probably expect quite a few more bumps in the road really.

March 27, 2018, 10:40:30 PM
Reply #3238

Hawkandro

Easier said that done, we should probably expect quite a few more bumps in the road really.

Even more so when you consider all the money for potholes is going towards the stadium.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 28, 2018, 01:47:28 AM
Reply #3239

eugene

Even more so when you consider all the money for potholes is going towards the stadium.
Ffs mate donít even joke about it the RS donít need any excuses to rant