January 28, 2020, 08:13:04 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 506495 times)

April 03, 2018, 04:45:18 PM
Reply #3345

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
My only concern is the Ďaway endí. It looks like itís way too small and it may end up looking completely lob sided with 3 big stands and one small one stuck on. Look at the graphic that shows the current ground in comparison to the new one. The current Bullens Road and the main stand are much smaller than the new ground but the gladwys Street end is about the same size. Itíll end up spoiling the asthetics of it for me but hope Iím wrong when we see the final design.

Looks like that small North end is intentional.
When choosing a North/South axis it is "tight" to the land borders and so they have been forced into reducing the footprint of one of the stands.

April 03, 2018, 04:51:35 PM
Reply #3346

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What I need to see are what is proposed roof wise surely itís not open?

Why wouldn't it be open?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 03, 2018, 04:57:50 PM
Reply #3347

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I'd fucking hate a roof (and thankfully, so does Meis from the sounds of it)

Not going to lie, closed roof at the Principality Stadium is awesome. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced in any sporting event
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 03, 2018, 05:07:33 PM
Reply #3348

Bally

Administrator
Looks like the new White Hart Lane to me.... a box shape, no differences between 3 stands and then one faux-Kop at the end. Count me as mildly uninspired.

PS- this stadium would cost a bil. So I hope there is agreement on who pays for cost overruns.
Such optimism.

It's fuck all like WHL
And well done for relating something that was inspired by the yellow wall to the fucking shit tip across the road.
It's the roll I way

April 03, 2018, 05:08:11 PM
Reply #3349

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Not going to lie, closed roof at the Principality Stadium is awesome. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced in any sporting event

The coulds (and stars for a nightgame) are the only thing that stops me throwing myself off a stand watching Everton sometimes.
Don't take them away from me.

April 03, 2018, 05:15:10 PM
Reply #3350

themilkycoffees

Big fan of the concept designs. Think we'll end up with a capacity somewhere in the 52-55k region which is fine, although I'm sure we'd all like something a little closer to 60k. I think the feel and atmosphere of the place is more important personally than a few thousand extra seats. The new 'home end' looks like it will be an unbelievable place to watch the blues from. Can't wait to see the first exterior shots.

April 03, 2018, 05:15:45 PM
Reply #3351

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
The coulds (and stars for a nightgame) are the only thing that stops me throwing myself off a stand watching Everton sometimes.
Don't take them away from me.

Hahahaha in all honesty I wouldn't want a retractable roof for new Goodison
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 03, 2018, 05:21:13 PM
Reply #3352

sirblue57

Yeah but we dont want a wide open space above. Would bloody freeze to death.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

April 03, 2018, 05:21:47 PM
Reply #3353

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber

heated seats

April 03, 2018, 05:30:39 PM
Reply #3354

Bingham Boy

Looks like that small North end is intentional.
When choosing a North/South axis it is "tight" to the land borders and so they have been forced into reducing the footprint of one of the stands.

I guess they could either have two average stands behind the goal, or have one great and one below average one. They went for the latter which is the right decision.

Can they not do anything to get more space behind the north Stand?

April 03, 2018, 05:33:52 PM
Reply #3355

Jamokachi

Why wouldn't it be open?

I don't think he means a complete roof, but rather covers to the stands. Which of course there will be.

April 03, 2018, 05:36:54 PM
Reply #3356

eugene

Thatís the point I am making the wind that blows down the Mersey can be harsh to say the least

April 03, 2018, 05:37:40 PM
Reply #3357

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Is it significantly colder than 2 miles further North East? The body heat of 50 odd thousand people will be sufficient to take the chill off the air i reckon.

I guess they could either have two average stands behind the goal, or have one great and one below average one. They went for the latter which is the right decision.

Can they not do anything to get more space behind the north Stand?

Wellington dock is immediately North of us. UU expanded their sewerage facilities into it from Sandon a while back. (Which is also responsible for the regular horrific smell down there).
More chance of encroaching into Peels plans for Nelson dock to the South and shunting the entire project down a couple of hundred meters.

But this land restriction will be the true reason for whatever capacity we have.

April 03, 2018, 05:37:53 PM
Reply #3358

Lxxx

Anywhere between 50 and 55 k is fine by me. Who cares if it's slightly smaller than the shite ,overall it's going to be a better looking stadium with great concourses . 

Absolutely. We're not as big a club as the shite and will never have the following they get so why compete. We are who we are so make it boss and fill it.

April 03, 2018, 05:39:32 PM
Reply #3359

Lxxx

That’s the point I am making the wind that blows down the Mersey can be harsh to say the least

I can't imagine they've forgotten to factor that in to a project worth this amount of money on the banks of a river.